Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop

"Hey Guppie, do you remember when you talked to me for the first time in highschool?"

The question surprised Jongup, who at the moment, had to stop himself from almost choking on his food. Junhong patted his back and started to smile when Jongup started blushing Their two children though, were slightly confused.

HaeJun, the older of the two eight year old boys, looked up at his moher, "Mama, you didn't talk to Papa before highschool?"

HaeJong had a shocked expression on his face. He and his brother had just figured that their parents had always talked to each other. Especially since their parents had not told them many stories about their past.

"No, I only had enough courage to talk to your Mama during highschool."

"Papa, who started it?" At this point the small family had finished their dinner and the twins looked to their parents in excitement.

Junhong laughed as Jongup covered his face, turning to their children, he started the story.

"So it all started on a Friday after school was finished…"

★~Friday After Class~★

The sixteen year old Junhong, or Zelo as he was known in school, was walking down the hallway. After putting his school books away in his locker, he left the building. Looking around, he noticed one of his friends, Yoo Youngjae, talking to someone near the steps.

 "Hey Jae!" Zelo raised his hand in a wave. Youngjae turned his head and smiled, waving back. He turned back to his friend, motioned towards Junhong then waved him over. Once he was close to them, Youngjae introduced the two to each other.

"Daehyun, this is my childhood friend Junhong, or Zelo as he's known in school. Zelo, this is Daehyun, my boyfriend."

 Junhong was shocked that was for sure, but he was happy for his friend nonetheless. The three of them talked for a few more moments until Youngjae said that the two had to go. They had plans later that day and they didn't want to be late. So saying goodbye, Zelo waved the two off.

 When they were gone from eyesight, Zelo started walking. Since it was Friday, it was his usual day to go to the coffee shop. That's the direction he started to go in when Zelo felt someone tap his shoulder. Turning around, he saw a somewhat familiar face but couldn't quite place it.

 "Um, you're Junhong right?" The timid male asked the taller student. Junhong slightly tilted his head to the left. "I am and you are?"

The shorter male started to blush, "I-I'm Jongup, Moon Jongup. I'm on the same dance team as you."

Junhong now realized why the student looked so familiar. Not only were they a part of the same dance team but he's seen the shorter male in some of his classes. But there was still another sense of familiarity he couldn't quite put his finger on. Letting out a small laugh, Junhong smiled and held his hand out. "Sorry for not recognizing you. Nice to, formally, meet you.:

If Junhong wasn't sure Jongup was blushing, he was certain now as they shook hands.

"Th-that's o-okay." Jongup smiled back. The two talked for a few minutes as they walked before Junhong apologized saying he had to go somewhere.

"I guess I'll see you on Monday?" Junhong asked. Jongup shrugged, "We may run into each other before then."

☆~Café★

 After Junhong left Jongup, he went to his favorite coffee shop. Which thankfully wasn't that far from the direction the two were headed in. Entering TS Café, he went right to the barista. Since Junhong was a regular, the girl at the counter told him he'd have his drink in a few moments. Thanking the girl with a smile, he went to his regular table.

A few minutes passed of Junhong messaging Youngjae and the latter telling him of his date. Only until the waiter arrived did he look up from his phone. He thanked the waiter, not really registering the face until he read the note that accompanied the drink.

I know you wouldn't have recognized me but I've been serving you drinks at this Café since you started to come here. I'll just leave this for you-

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Ever since I saw you here

I've latte'd you

🌙 J

"Oh my.." Junhong had to cover his mouth when he put the note down to hide his smile. Looking towards the counter, he not only saw Jongup but he also noticed that he was blushing. They locked eyes for a couple of seconds before Jongup broke the contact. He quickly put the coffee pot down, saving the drink from overflowing.

From that moment on, Junhong had noticed the shy and awkward teen. During school or dance practice, the two would tell each other coffee related pick up lines. Even on the day Junhong proposd at their graduation, when they married a year after highschool and on the day Jongup delivered their twins. Their coffee puns and pick up lines never stopped.

♥~♡~♥~♡

"And that's how your Mama swept me off my feet in highschool.“

HaeJong and HaeJun stared at their parents in complete shock once Junhong finished his story.

"Papa, Mama, that's so corny!" The two eight year olds threw their hands up in exasperation. This gesture only made Jongup and Junhong laugh at their children's act of annoyance. Though if wasn't as if they were wrong. Turning towards Jongup with a smile, Junhong pecked his cheek.

"Even if it was corny, I latte you too Guppie."


Happy belated birthday anne5hundr05! Hope you enjoy it ^^.