Second Chances

Life Afterlife

 

 

     Jiyong dragged Seungri's body onto the shore & dropped to his knees beside him in a panic. 

 

     "SEUNGRI!" he yelled into his lover's face & shook him hard. 

 

     There was no response. 

 

     “SEUNGRI!!!" he screamed. 

 

     Ji slapped Seungri's face, desperately trying to wake him up. 

 

     “How do I do CPR?!?" he asked frantically, but there was no one around. 

 

     He tried thumping Ri on the chest & then remembered something about checking for a heartbeat. He lowered his head to rest his ear on Seungri's chest. He heard a heartbeat! It was faint, but it was there! But Ri still wasn't breathing. He looked down at Ri in bewilderment. He didn’t know what to do for this. 

 

     “Maybe it's like when you get choked & water into your lungs," he thought. 

 

     Jiyong wasn't sure what to do for that, but he remembered when he'd gotten choked as a child, his father would hit him on the back with the palm of his hand to help him clear his lungs.

 

     He quickly rolled Seungri onto his side & hit him on the back as hard as he could to try to get the water out of his lungs. 

 

     After 3 sound whacks, he heard a cough & saw Seungri choke out some water. Ji scrambled to hold him up. When Ri had coughed up the last of the water, he collapsed into Jiyong's lap. 

 

     “Seungri! Seungri!" Ji said, frantically patting the younger's cheeks, afraid that he might lose him again. 

 

     Seungri's eyes opened, he let out another cough, & then his eyes met Jiyong's. 

 

     “Wait... Y-you can see me?" Ji said nervously. 

 

     In a hoarse voice, Seungri replied, "I always see you.”

 

     Jiyong cradled Seungri in his arms & wept. 

 

     "I'm sorry, Ji. I just can't do it anymore." Seungri said in a low, broken voice. 

 

     "NO." Jiyong almost screamed. "You can’t do that Ri. You can't end it. You're my everything. Don't you see that you're the only reason why I'm still here?!? You can't. You just can't..." he sobbed, clutching Seungri tightly to his chest & buried his face in Seungri's neck. 

 

     “I can't live without you either, Ji. I could see you everywhere. But you weren’t there. It's been driving me out of my mind." Ri replied in a strangled voice. 

 

     Ji pulled back so he could look his boyfriend in the eye. 

 

     “But I am here, Seungri. I have been all along,” Jiyong said as a tear slipped down his cheek. 

 

     Without even thinking, Seungri reached up & brushed the tear away, then blinked in surprise when he realized he had actually touched Jiyong.

 

     His mind whirled. How was this happening? 

 

     “You... you’re here...” Ri repeated, sounding utterly shocked. 

 

     “Yes, Seungri. I am here,” Ji said gently; yet another tear escaping as he brushed Seungri’s lips with his own. 

 

      Seungri buried his hands in Ji’s hair & pulled him close, holding him so tightly it almost hurt. But Ji didn’t want him to let go. It hurt far more to not be in his lover’s arms. And he’d almost just lost him entirely. He wrapped his arms around his panda & they sat there on the shore & held each other & cried