Start and Final

I'll Walk You Home

April, 2011.

 

You’re lying on the couch in your house and you’re hearing people making a noise. You do not feel annoyed or anything related to it, but you feel a bit uncomfortable as you’re used to the safe and sound neighborhood.

The only sound you’d listen to was the noise that your father’s motorcycle made.

“Why don’t you greet our new neighbor? They just moved in from the city,” your father, someone who has been taking care of you since you were born has just arrived home. Why did he come back home this early? You asked in your head.

You stood up from the couch, maintaining your balance, and fix your ruffled shirt. You think that first impression is the main reason for someone to approach you.

“I will, later,” you said. You suddenly feel like there is no need for you to greet them formally. You were pretty sure that your other neighbor might have done that on behalf of all of us. And, you’re too shy to even meet new people.

“At least talk to their son. He looks nice,”

 

 

February, 2017

 

“What are you looking for?” Your father asked as he saw you rushing to find your hairband. You’re really in rush, but your father just let you do your thing.

You have been looking for your hairband which was bought by your friend a long time ago everywhere in the house. You feel like asking everyone you see where on earth the hairband is.

“Wait. Where are you going?” You just realized that you haven’t answered your father’s previous question.

When you have found the hairband, you run toward the main door as if the house is going to collapse.

“Sehun is coming back. He will be at the train station,” You told your father as he’s busy cooking for lunch. He’s been home a lot since you started working instead of him. It’s already time for you to earn money and for him to rest.

“Careful!”

 

 

April, 2011.

 

“It’s dangerous for a girl to sit here all alone,” You heard a guy’s voice from behind that you thought he is talking on the phone until you turned around to realize he is talking to you.

“Who..,” You asked. The guy in front of you seem blurry as the light is a little dimmed. One thing that you are sure is he’s good-looking. The way he talks, it’s just nice to listen to every time.

“Sehun. I’m Sehun. I just moved in at the house nearby,” He took a seat next to you, as he looks at you as if you were the only girl left in this world. So you introduced yourself to him, “I see,”

And now that you can see his face clearly, thanks to the road light. As expected, he has a very good feature. Sharp nose, lovely-looking face.

“Are you, perhaps, the son of the person who just moved in?” you asked. You thought it’s not wrong to sound friendlier than you would be. You pointed at him using your point finger while you asked the question.

“How do you know? Have you been stalking me all this time?” Sehun answered the question with two questions while you think it’s cute that he even made a fixed eye contact with you while squinting his eyes.

“I didn’t,” You look at the sea waving water being the best view even if it’s dark. “My dad wanted me to at least talk to you, but I did not have the courage to,” He’s still looking at you.

“You should have done that before,” Sehun said. You look at him with a questioning expression you put on your face.

“Why?”

“So that I wouldn’t had to secretly look at you from far every day,” He seriously said. You know he was just joking around. You can feel it.

“How far have you gone? Did you see anything you shouldn’t see?” You jokingly asked with a teasing looks on your face.

“Let me try to remember..,” He looks up as if there is something he has to remember. “I did see something I shouldn’t have seen,” He looks back at you while smiling.

That’s so cute. You made a surprised expression with your lips covered with your palm.

“You know I was kidding, do you? This is the first time I saw you since I first came to this neighborhood,” He was laughing like crazy because he knew that you know he was just joking around.

“I know!” You’re laughing along with him. It’s crazy that the two of you be conversing as if you’ve known each other for a long time. When everything has slowed down, you asked him, “So, how was your first week in the neighborhood?”

“It has been good. And you’ve made it great,” He smiles.

And that night, you and Sehun walked home together side by side, as friends.

 

 

January, 2012.

 

It was a cold night in January. And the clocks were striking twelve.

Every year during New Year’s Eve, you were given the opportunity to see the firework show on the sky. Well, still it’s not Seoul to begin with but, the sparks were still prettier than anything else. What made it wonderful is that you were watching the firework show with Sehun. Your father wasn’t into this kind of thing, so you used to watch them alone, by yourself.

“It’s pretty, isn’t it?” You asked. This kind of remind you of the scene in dramas but it’s the first time you actually have someone to talk to during New Year’s Eve.

“Yeah, it is,” Sehun answered you. You didn’t know he was looking at you at the time because you were so into the fireworks.

“I’m pretty sure you have seen this quite many times already,” You look at him, in awed at how good he looks from the side. Maybe the sparks you’re seeing is not real? Because it’s too beautiful. He nods.

“Let’s say I’ve had seen this many times. Yes but, the sky in here is much clearer than it was back in Seoul. Even the air is unpolluted, unlike in Seoul,” He turned his gaze back at you. “Especially when I’m seeing this with a beautiful girl like you,”

The fireworks have stopped showing. As if everything has stopped moving. Until you broke the silence scene.

“You must be blind,” You joke. He laughed as if everything he said was a joke as well.

“It’s up to you to believe it or not. You’ll understand why I love staying here instead of at the city,” he said. He puts his arms around you as he keeps his gaze at the waving water.

You just smiled at his action. It’s almost a year since you have known him and it’s the first time he ever does it. Maybe he’s trying to be friendlier, and closer,

 

 

April, 2012

 

Exactly a year since you and Sehun both met. You’re in school as a high school senior, same goes to Sehun. It was raining when you just finished you last class for the day, and you did not bring your umbrella.

The bus stop is way far that it takes your time to even reach there especially in this rainy day. So you decided to stay at the lobby of the school, instead of running in the rain until it slows down.

You have been wondering where your friend is at. You keep seeing other students brought their umbrellas out of their bags to walk home but you didn’t even see Sehun nowhere.

It has been almost 30 minutes but, the rain is still maintaining the way it’s pouring. So you keep waiting, until a voice broke the rain’s sound.

“Let’s go!” You heard a familiar voice from behind, that it made you turned around to find your friend in drenched uniforms.

“Sehun, where have you been?” You asked in surprised as you didn’t know what you should do. Now you’re not sure if you’re seeing your friend or a prince from a nonexistent kingdom. You never know he has such a good body proportion.

Sehun just laughed it off and said, “I was playing basketball with classmates, didn’t know you were waiting for me?”

Finally you realized you’ve been staring at him for too long, you think.

“I didn’t wait for you, to be honest. I waited for the rain to calm down, so I can go back home,”

“Just admit it that you did!” he winked as if waiting for him is such a big deal.

You just smile at it and look at him, who is staring at you. You swear that Sehun has the most beautiful eyes you have ever seen since the first time you met him.

“Are my eyes that pretty?” He asked.

“You should have known that,” You said. He brushed his elbow at your arm as if he was teasing you. You turned your gaze at the pouring rain, smiling.

“Let’s go. I’ll walk you home,”

“I don’t have an umbrella,” You said.

“Well, I have,” he said but, when you look around, you don’t see anything with him besides his backpack.

“You’re lying, aren’t you?” You asked as your eyes became smaller, looking at Sehun.

“I’m caught!!” He screamed as he ran away under the pouring rain. You can’t help but running together with him. You’re screaming his name at the top of your lungs in the rain, as if there’s no one around you.

Yes, actually there is no one other than you two. It suddenly reminds you to the scene where two people who are falling in love, running while laughing in the pouring rain.

You love the feeling of it. You love being here. Especially with someone like Sehun. The scene where you’ve been dreaming of to be running in the rain with someone you like, is happening.

When you both realized that you can get tired of running, too, Sehun suddenly stopped running. It’s better if he stopped at somewhere they can stay for a while, but he stopped in the pouring rain.

What’s wrong with him? You thought.

So stopped as well behind him, standing straight. Wanting to ask what’s wrong, but you don’t seem to open your mouth due to the water sliding down your face.

Sehun turned around to face you. You look at him with eyes full of questions. He called your name.

“What is it? Did you hurt somewhere?” You asked back at him.

“No, there is something I wanted to tell you,” he paused, “Something that I have been holding on to tell you for so long,”

You don’t get it. Does he like me?  Is he going somewhere far away from me? You can’t think straight.

Sehun has stayed silent for minutes already, until he opened his mouth as if to tell you something.

Your eyes can’t see the surrounding as clear as before because the rain is getting heavier.

Suddenly you feel something soft on your lips. Hands cupping both sides of your head. You realized here is Sehun kissing you in the rain.

When he broke the kiss, with your forehead stay still touching his, he opened his mouth again.

“I like you,” he paused. “A lot,” he confessed.

 

 

February, 2017

By the time you arrived at the station, you can’t find Sehun anywhere near. Not even his shadows. You’re too lazy to phone call him.

“Missed me that much?” Sehun surprised you with a back hug. The scent of him has always been the same. So soft.

Of course you’d be missing him so much. One month is a long time, especially for a married couple, like you and Sehun.

Sehun is working in Seoul, while you’re working as a teacher at school. Sometimes Sehun would travel from Seoul to Busan every week, but when he is too busy with works, he’ll take a few days of vacation to come back home at the end of the month. Sometimes you’d be the one travelling from Busan to Seoul. Commitment is the key to a better relationship.

You turned around to face him.

“I missed you so much! That I thought I should go to Seoul instead,” you whined.

“Don’t worry, I’ll still come back here for you,” He paused. “I missed you too, like a lot,”

“Let’s go home. Father is waiting!” You said with a happy tone in your voice.

“Ahh I missed him. My father, too,” he pouted. You feel like kissing him, but you’re in public and had enough PDA already. “Let’s go. I’ll walk you home,”

“I drove my car,” You almost hit him instead.

“Oh.. right,” he forgot that you have a car.

 

 


 

Author's note:

I'm ready for any comments or critics regarding this story lmao. 

Thanks for reading! I appreciate your times spent on this story!