001

One-sided Love

v

Yoongi is staring at her again, today.

’Again’ because he doesn’t know where and when it start. Does it last year or does it started two years ago? Even Yoongi himself doesn’t. Does he likes her or does he just having a habit staring at her or it’s just because she it attractive? Or what? (He really likes her actually)His friends noticed the way his gaze became soft and loving as he stare at her and he doesn’t denied or admit it. When his friends said that Yoongi should confess to her, he doesn’t see the logic there because he doesn’t know what he really feel about her and besides, she has a boyfriend.

Seokjin notices him and nudges Hoseok and the younger one who got his food spilled because of Seokjin. Frowning. ”WHAT?” The sunshine clearly dissatisfied at Seokjin because his precious food become waste thanks to the older one. Seokjin sends him apologetics smile and signal Hoseok to looks at Yoongi who suddenly become quiet.

Hoseok looks at Yoongi and follow his eyes direction and it’s land at the familiar face. Yoon Bomi. The girl with bang and beautiful dark brown locks that curly at the tips. Hoseok admit it. That she is perfect with her milky skin , beautiful face and she cuts her bang recently and it makes her look much younger than her actual age and how she looks cute when smiling. In short, she’s perfect.

There’s nobody that doesn’t know Yoon Bomi. She’s from Department of Perfoming Art, majoring in Dance. Plus, she is a cheerleader and maybe that’s the reason of her popularity. Sometime Hoseok thinks that Yoongi really likes Bomi which he really is but he’s scared of rejection from her as everyone knows how many guys out there that showing interests to her and that Bomi has a boyfriend. But Yoongi , he’s quiet well-known because he is part of theirs Uni’s basketball player and quiet popular amongst girls so it’s okay if he try but Yoongi wasn’t that brave, and there is one main reason why he don’t or simply can’t . Hoseok know the real reason why Yoongi couldn’t confess.

“Hyung” Namjoon who’ve been quietly munching his food call him. Yoongi snaps from his not-so-long stare as he heard Namjoon calling for him. Yoongi smile at them but somehow the smile kinda doesn’t reach theirs eyes.

“Eat your food.” He told Yoongi because his foods haven’t touched yet. Namjoon want to say something but he close his mouth. Knowing that he wouldn’t get the answer he want from Yoongi.

They continue eating while talking about their day at today’s class and none of them miss the countless glances Yoongi steals at Bomi’ direction but they said nothing and pretend that they did not notice.

They got interrupted by loud and noisy noises as the voices nearing them. The others students also staring at those guys.

“Yah, Kim Taehyung, keep it down. Your voice too loud.” Being the oldest, Seokjin warm the beagle guy.

The said guy just flashing his eye smile at Seokjin as he and two other guys who just arrived taking their place, sit with the group.

”Hyung, I already warns him to not too louds but he is hard to handle. ” Another guy added.” You are the same too, Park Jimin.”

“W- wait ,me?”

All of them laughs at Jimin’s sour face and the youngest one among the was the loudest.

“You too, Jeon Jungkook . ” And with that, Yoongi shuts him up.

The group’ notices movement from a groups near the end of the cafeteria. Yoon Bomi and her bestfriend, Jung Eunji. The two girls must be notices that they are staring at them because when they looks at the boys’ direction, the two flashing the a smile and continue to walk toward the exit.

Flustered by the sudden smile directed to him (them actually),Yoongi ended up chocking on his foods. Jimin who sit next to him quickly give the poor guy a glass of water.

They burst into laughter when Yoongi cursed in his breath.

 

 

Yoongi sits at the bench next to the court while wiping his sweats as their afternoon practice ended. The other players also takes place to sit and rest. To catch their breath from the intense training from Park Chanyeol, their Captain.

As he sending text that he would be late because he want to go to the library first to his roommate, Hoseok, someone plopped next to him and offer him a bottle of water. Yoongi look at the person and smile and mouthing a thank you to him as he took the water bottle.

He gulped down the water.

“Yoongi, I think that you should help me to teach Jaebum some moves because I was kinda busy this week .Do you okay with that or I should ask other for help if you are busy too.” Chanyeol ask him.

“I’m okay with that, Hyung .But why you didn’t ask Vice-Captain?”

“Nah, Jaehyo is busy too because he have an upcoming exam so-“Chanyeol voice trailed off as his phone rings.

He answers the phone and Yoongi breath hitched as he saw the caller name.

“Oh, Bomi-ah..”

Yoongi take it as que for him to leaveand pick up his thing and signaling his Captain that he is leaving and Chanyeol waving at him carelessly with smile on his face.

Yoongi walks toward the library and he saw her as he enter. His lips form a little smile as he look at Bomi who is frowning while studying.

Yoongi chooses the seat behind Bomi. Again, instead of start studying, he just simply stares at her. He began to flashing the first time he saw her. At the library , the same place she is sitting now, how Yoongi that moment became the start on how aware he’s of Bomi whenever she is around him, at the same place. Whether its cafeteria, library, basketball court or field because she is cheerleader and Bomi was not hard to notice and Yoongi actually started to ‘watching’ Seokjin daily practice because Bomi was there, practicing with her co-cheerleaders, not because of his Hyung and Seokjin know the real reason even Yoongi always try to deny it. Because why would that Min Yoongi standing under the hot sun just because his Hyung was practicing? Everyone knows how much Min Yoongi hate getting under the direct sunlight.

Yoongi know and aware of the fact that he like her. He also knows how his friends noticed the way he looks at her and how he stole glance at her and how his friends pretend to not notices. It’s not that Yoongi doesn’t want to confess. It’s because he can’t and his friend know too how helpless Yoongi in this one-sided love.

The door opened, revealing the tall giant, their Captain or to be exact, Park Chanyeol. He smiles at certain someone, Yoon Bomi. Chanyeol sits in front Bomi and Yoongi can saw from the movement of Chanyeol’s lips that he mouthing sorry to Bomi because he is late. Even thought that Bomi wasn’t facing at him, Yoongi swear that he could see Bomi pouting at Chanyeol.

As always, Yoongi move from his seat toward the sit next to window at the end of the library while shoving his earphone to his ears and the same melodies echoes and he put the song on repeat.

LEE HI – ONE-SIDED LOVE.