Chapter ONE

Poseidon » Taehyung x Wheein
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sometimes, we're happy for just one moment. In that one moment, we don't think about what we've been through in the past or what's yet  to come. For that one moment, we believe in happiness. We believe in hope. We believe it's going to be alright in the end."

— The Last of Us.

[ Listen to – Avalanche by Bring Me The Horizon ]

He stared at the huge metal structure in front of him, the sound of water buzzing through his ears. It wasn't very cold, but it was cold enough that it made him wear a hoodie. A crisp breeze hit his walking, lifeless body, causing him to clench his hands in his pockets. He wasn't sure if he was really going to do what he thought that he's going to do, but he was tired too.

Pulling the hoodie on his head, he rubbed his hands together before he held onto one metal bar. He let out a deep breath before lifting himself up with his hands, his legs hanging below him. There wasn't anything that he could place his legs on, so he hopped back down. The ladder near the ground was broken, preventing anyone from going up. It seemed like there was too many attempts that they had to put a stop to it.

', what am I going to do now?' He thought desperately, his wandering eyes all over the place. The pair of brown orbs soon landed on the metal bars on the side of the huge structure. They were two intersecting bars, forming a huge 'X'. It looked rusty, as if it was going to break, but it didn't matter to him at that point.

Cursing under his breath, he grabbed one of the bars and lifted himself up with all of the muscles and power he had in his arms and back. He settled one of his feet in the corner of the metal bars and quickly boosted himself up just before that bar breaks.

"!" He blurted out, hanging on the other bar with one hand. Gritting his teeth, he pulled himself up with one hand and quickly grabbed the same bar with his other hand. "What am I going to do now?"

He then decided to slip to the lowest intersection between the diagonal bar and the straight one. His eyes were fixed on the ladder, which was half a meter away from him. Unfortunately, his hands were starting to sweat burn. Taking the last seconds he has left into consideration, he turned to the other side then held the straight bar with both hands, stretching his arms the furthest he could. Clutching the metal for his dear life, the brown-haired guy started lifting himself up again.

Just when it was enough for him to place his leg on that intersection, he exactly did that then used the power rested in that leg to jump the ladder. Finally, finally, he started climbing up the ladder till he was standing on wooden plates

The lone guy sat down on the edge of the deck, his legs swinging down below him. He wasn't a man afraid of heights—nor of anything really, but looking down made him dizzy. It was too high, surprisingly. Nonetheless, he still wanted to do it.

He felt tired. Drained. It's like his soul was out of his body and now what's left is emptiness. He had too many problems, mostly financial. He didn't know what to do. He never thought that it would be this hard to be an adult. Maybe if he really did audition, he wouldn't have all of these loans and problems on his back. They were too heavy that he felt like his body was about to break. It wasn't that either; he felt himself slowly break.

Tears were b his eyes, as he bit down on his lower lip. Why was it so hard to live? Why can't he have proper friends and family? He had dreams to chase, goals to accomplish but all what he did is bring more and more troubles to himself.

' it,' were probably his last words. He stood up from his place and walked the furthest from the edge that was facing the ocean. He felt nervous and scared, but he knew he had to do it. That's the only way—he thought—he would be free.

A shaky breath escaped his lips, as he took off his hoodie. The hair on his arms and back stood up from the cold wind, coming from the ocean.

'The water must be very cold, then,' he thought to himself. Unfortunately, he knew how to swim, but the waves seemed too strong for him to fight back instinctively.

Another breath emitted from his lips before he started running. He ran so fast, and the second he reached the last centimeter, he jumped off. He probably looked like an idiot while flailing his limbs everywhere, but that wasn't the first thing he thought about. Gravity didn't spare him a second to think about anything; he got engulfed into the ocean's arms instantly, both making him cold and warm inside.

The waves were too strong; the water was too cold; the ocean was too deep; darkness never too real.

At first, he didn't find, nor that he took a deep breath of water into his lungs. He kept fighting back, for some reason. The water kept pushing him down on all sides, playing with his body as if he was a doll. The more his body struggled without him wanting to, the more disoriented and tired he felt. He soon didn't know the difference between left and right, up and down. The pressure on his lungs were building up to a point where he couldn't handle it anymore.

Water gushed into his body the second he gasped in for air. His arms were thrashing around, trying to get rid of the water in his body. However, it got worse. His lungs became an ocean, filled with waves of salty water. That wasn't the only thing that filled his body. Regret filled his heart and stained his throat. He didn't want to die. It was too late, anyways. Darkness engulfed his vision, sending him into an unconscious state.

Just before he completely closed his eyes, he felt someone held his hand and start swimming upwards. There was a splash of sparkling pink and blue hues, along with small bubbles and long, dark hair. That's when he knew it was a girl before he closed his eyes, welcoming death with open hands.

The girl didn't find any troubles on swimming the guy back up, but she didn't know how to bring him to land. It was too high up and basically impossible for her, despite having 'magical' abilities. Deciding to swim across, she then found a shallow land.

'Perfect,' she thought. The black-haired beauty stared at the unconscious boy before plunging him out of the water, hitting his back against the hard floor. The sound emitted from such actions made non-human cringe a bit. She then placed her hands on the ground higher than her, pulling her body up.

It's been years since she saw land. Every once in awhile, she would go to the surface to breathe fresh air, but go back down quickly. She never interacted with a human being before. She was strictly forbidden to do so unless she was supposed to, but she couldn't stop herself. How can she let someone die just like that? Why would she let a person's soul—who has lots of potential and goals—go to waste?

Plunging her body out of the water, she laid down beside the unconscious body, breathing heavily. The pressure difference between ocean and land was huge, plus the air felt different. She wasn't used to this at all. It was way different than her home that it knocked the breath out of her body. Ragged and short breaths left , as she tried to get her breathing under control. However, she pushed all of this aside and pulled herself up with the two of her hands.

She sat up properly before she placed her index under his nose, praying and hoping that her Gods listen to her this time. For once, they did. The nonhuman girl felt faint air on her index finger. He's still alive, thankfully. She trailed her hands to his chest, thinking of a way to save him.

Her eyes were closed, as she applied some pressure on his lungs. She could literally feel the water drowning his lungs under her hands. It made her worry, of course. What if he doesn't make it? The girl wasn't sure on why she cared so much about someone she doesn't know. Well, she had to admit; she did see him for a while but from afar. Maybe that's why. She got attached to someone she had her eye on for a while.

One of her free hands opened his mouth slightly. After she opened her eyes, she saw the water discharge from his mouth, steaming down the left side of his face. If it was anyone else, they would've performed Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, or CPR, to save him. With a condition as bad as this, that wouldn't have helped the poor guy.

Concern filled the pale girl's eyes. The guy looked so fragile and broken, despite having a blank face on. Her eyes stared at the sickly pale guy, noticing all of his flaws and imperfections. He had three moles on his face; his nose, lips, and right eye. They looked like stars and constellations to her; they weren't ugly in her eyes. Her eyes were so lost in his stars that she didn't notice how water stopped streaming out of his mouth.

'There's nothing...' she thought to herself, checking with her hands if there was still water in his lungs. She then pressed her index and middle fingers next to his jugular, feeling blood still pumping in his veins. 'He's alive.'

The girl then crawled a bit to the side, leaving space between her and his body. There was wet sand, which meant that she could write him something when he wakes up. If she was a human like him, she would've taken him to her house, but she can't. She can't even speak to him, for Gods' sake!

Using her index finger, she started carving words into the sand, dirt getting under her nails. She didn't care at that moment. All what she cared about is the guy reading her message to him and not getting caught by anyone else. They weren't any houses nor people here, thankfully, so the chances of her getting caught is very low.

After she was done, she instinctively wiped her hand on her bare sides, as she glanced at him. Her eyes then stared at the never ending ocean. It was a mixture of orange-ish and blue colors, warming the ocean one last time before the sun sets down.

As the Earth rotates slowly, the world is going to the darkness. It's where no light exist for hours. However, before the sun completely goes down, there's a sacred moment to people who cherish such moments.

As the sun sets, there's a soothing necromancy to the sounds of the sea. The sea is a necromancy because the sounds at night sound ominous as a criminal to the oblivious. It—the sounds—can't be found anywhere else. You'd often place seashells on your ears to hear the sea, just to get a cry from the sea. Have you ever sat on a golden-colored beach with the sun setting and the salty lips of the sea kissing the sand? Is it possible to recreate this sound anywhere else?

The sea hissed and scraped the seashore, lashing out at the beach and released. It sizzled, releasing a white foam on the sand. It repeated the same process; it fizzed and seethed, slapping the beach with its salty lips. The tides went back and forth, messing up with the seaweed it left behind within every wave.

Such scene couldn't be complete without the smells of the beach dancing up her nostrils.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter