Twelve

My Neighbour, Bangtan Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun sat alone on one of the bench in the small playground not far from her apartment. She’s zoning out, still thinking about the incident that had happened earlier.

Her hand slowly touched her cheek, the spot that has been slapped by Sana. It stung. She hissed, trying to surpress the pain.

‘Ahh it must be so red right now…The bruise going to take some time to heal though.’

Dahyun let out a heavy sigh. She’s wondering when will all of these misfortune going to end. And when will Sana leave her alone. She’s tired. She’s freaking exhausted. Being oppressed, harassed and bullied every single time, she’s not that strong to fight them. It couldn’t be help that she got no friend also. She’s literally alone.

‘I’m so pathetic.’

Slowly, tears flowed down to her cheeks. She started sobbing.

“Dahyun-ie?”

Dahyun stopped sobbing. She looked up and saw Jimin’s standing in front of her, staring at her with a concerned expression.

“Jimin oppa?”

“What are you doing here? And you are crying? Why? What’s wrong?” He asked non-stop.

Jimin was definitely worried. He’s on the way back home when he saw Dahyun’s sitting alone. He stopped by to greet her but got startled when he realized that she’s crying.

“Something happened?” Jimin asked her again, but Dahyun didn’t answer. She just sat there and stared at him.

Jimin was going to blush with Dahyun’s reaction but he quickly shoved the thought from his mind. ‘Don’t be silly, Jimin!’

“Hmm can I sit here?” He pointed to the space next to Dahyun. Dahyun still didn’t say anything but she moved a little bit to give Jimin more space. She then wiped her cheeks to get rid the tears.

“I’m sorry.”

Dahyun finally spoke. Jimin was surprised when she’s suddenly apologizing. “Why would you say that? You didn’t do anything wrong to me.”

“Still, I’m sorry. You have to see me like this.” She said in a low voice. Jimin felt like his heart was broken a little. He never saw this side of Dahyun.

‘Why would she feel like that?’

“Why? What’s wrong?”

She just shook her head and finally smiled a little. “It’s okay, oppa. I’m fine now.”

“Tchh you’re not answering my question! I literally saw you weeping hysterically just now though..”

Dahyun chuckled. “I did not weeping hysterically, when did I?!” She put her hands on her waist.

You finally laugh. “Liar.” Jimin mocked her, but eventually laughed too. However, he’s back with his serious mode and asked, “But seriously, are you really okay?”

“I’m relieved now, oppa. Thanks to you.” She smiled genuinely.

“Glad to hear that! I hope you know that you can always find me if you need comfort…” Jimin beated his chest and boasted, “…I’m definitely an expert in comforting people.” He smirked.

“Yeah, right…”

Then, silence fell down between them. They both looked at a group of children playing around happily with each other not so far from them. Jimin and Dahyun smiled simultaneously when they overheard the kids’ childish yet adorable conversation.

Ahhh it must be nice living as a kid….

Dahyun still immersed with watching the kids when Jimin started to stare at her secretly. He gazed at her intently, admiring the view. She’s pretty. She’s so pretty. Jimin suddenly felt a giddy sensation tingling in the corner of his heart.

It didn’t take quite a long time for Jimin to notice the redness and swelling on Dahyun’s cheek. Her white complexion did make the redness appeared more obvious. Jimin’s curiousity increased.

“What happened to your cheek?” He questioned her.

“Huh?” Dahyun touched her cheek. She hissed when the pain is felt.”Ahh this… Nothing. I fell on my way back from school just now.” Sorry oppa but I can’t tell you the truth.

“Are you telling the truth? Because I don’t think you are.” Jimin started to become suspicious.

Dahyun started to sweat. “Hahahaha I’m being serious oppa! I’m just clumsy, that’s all.” She grinned.

“Okay then, I believe you.” He finally gave up. “Let’s go!”

“Where are we heading to?”

“You need to buy me ice cream!”

Dahyun’s jaw dropped. “Me? But why?” She complained.

“I comforted you, remember? And I never mention that my service is free though. Come on, I’m craving ice cream right now!” He’s already standing and began to drag Dahyun with him.

“Oppa neomuhae!”

 

*********************************

The air was exceptionally chilly that night. Dahyun was on the apartment rooftop, a place that she claimed as her secret hideout. The entire citizens living in the apartment knew that and they didn’t really mind because they also rarely went to the rooftop. So Dahyun was free to do whatever she wanted, alone and far from people.

She’s planning to spend the entire night there. It’s not the first time she did that. She’s already used to it. In fact, she liked it a lot.

Dahyun was lying down on the so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter