Final

Make believe

“Come on, Hyung! Pleaseee!!!!”

“No, Jonginnie. I have to finish my homework first.”

 

“But you’ve already been drawing this for like three hours. And you didn’t even draw a picture of me in it ,” four years old Jongin is pestering Kyungsoo to play with him who is currently drawing a picture of a house with a small garden. In the picture is a young boy with wide eyes and lips forming like a heart shape is playing with a puppy and the woman assumed to be his mother is watering the plants in the garden.

Kyungsoo is only five years old and yet he remembers that most people saying his smile being really pretty and that it looks like a heart. He started going to kindergarten last week and the teacher gave them homework to draw “My family”.

So, he is now doing his homework in his room although he pinky promised Jongin to play with him on the weekends last week because he won’t be free on weekdays like before. He still needs to draw his father in the picture.

 

“I will finish this quickly and play with you for as long as you want, okay? And do you even know how long three hours is, Nini?”

Jongin suddenly caught himself in his thought. A visible pout in his expression while doing so. He doesn’t know how long an hour is yet. But he remembers his dad nagging at his mom for taking too much time for going ouside. His dad said mom was taking hours to get ready. He curiously used to watch his mom putting on make-up, doing her hair and choosing what to wear from the closet. And it’s really long. It may not be hours but the elder has been drawing for so long since he arrived the Do’s house. So he assumes it because three is not too much. Right?

Actually it’s just been more or less thirty minutes.

 

When Kyungsoo doesn’t get a reply from the younger, he stops drawing and turn around to where Jongin is playing with toy cars on the elder’s bed since he arrives.

The pout on the younger’s face is so adorable that he can’t resist anymore. He closes the drawing book and placed back his crayons in the box.

 

“Okay, what do you want to play, Nini?”

The question really lights up Jongin’s mood.

“ At first, I wanted to play in the playground, Hyung. But mommy said it was too slippery and muddy from the rain last night. So we can’t. She said we will fall off.” his expression deflates again.

 

“ So shall we play with the toys?”

“I’ve been playing with them since earlier. It’s not fun anymore.”

“Then, what about hide and seek? I will chase you. You can go hide first.”

“We have played it so many times already. And you know all the hiding places. It’s not interesting anymore.”

 

Jongin is rejecting his ideas one after another with valid reasons. Kyungsoo can’t think of any more. His little brain is short of ideas now.

 

“Ah, I got it, Hyung, ” Jongin says cheerfully out of sudden. Kyungsoo thinks he saw a light bulb suddenly illuminate above Jongin’s head.

“I want to be your husband, Hyung.”

“W- What??” Kyungsoo’s eyes are so wide that they nearly come out of its sockets upon hearing this.

 

“ We will play husband and wife, Hyung. And this Ms. Cuddle will be our adapted kid.” Jongin enthusiastically explains the elder holding the plushy little teddy bear Kyungsoo owns. Kyungsoo named it Ms. Cuddle because he likes to cuddle it before he sleeps at night.

 

“No, Jongin. I can’t be your wife because I’m not a girl. Let’s play other games.” Kyungsoo sternly refuse Jongin’s suggestion.

 

“But Hyung, it’s ok. You are prettier than a girl.” Jongin replies determination in his voice. Kyungsoo blushes at the statement but he can’t give in because he is not a girl and his dad once said boys must be tough. So he refuses with serious expression although he is happy and warm inside with Jongin’s compliment about his appearance.

“ No, Jonginnie. What about playing hyung and dongsae? You will be my little brother,” Kyungsoo makes another suggestion expectantly.

 

“I am already your dongsae. It won’t be fun,” Jongin pouts as best as he can because he know the elder couldn’t resist if he persistently asked. Kyungsoo is not yet giving in though. So he decides to use his last card.

 

Before Kyungsoo knows it, Jongin is suddenly beside him and gives him a loud smooch on his cheek after which batting his eyelashes cutely at him. Kyungsoo’s face is so red now that you would mistakes it with a tomato. Jongin surely knows how to make his hyung surrender. He can’t forget that Jongin can be very persistent if he wants. If he doesn’t give in now, his face will be filled with Jongin’s persistent kisses. It’s not like he doesn’t like it though. He just can’t explain the weird feeling in his stomach whenever Jongin does that. Finally he surrenders, “ Okay ,Nini. Let’s just play that.”

 

“Yayy!!! Hyung, you are the best,” Jongin screams happily.

 

 

Oh boy, I’ve got a long way. Kyungsoo thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AN: I know it’s short and lame. I got an idea to write this while I was studying and I remember I used to play these make believe games with my cousin sister. So forgive me for any mistakes. :)