1/1

Early Morning Car Rides

Kim Taehyung is a saint. A saint. Jimin swears.

Sure, Taehyung once stole his underwear and made it the grand prize in a scavenger hunt, and – yeah, he glued the coffee table to the ceiling while when Jimin left him alone for an hour longer than he’d said he would. Sure, sometimes (All the time) Jimin can hear him and Jungkook in the wee hours of the night when they think they’re being quiet. And the guy sleeps with his eyes open saying complete sentences freaking Jimin the out. Oh, and weed brownies the day the RA comes to check their room.

But Kim Taehyung is a ing saint sent to him from the high heavens to be his best friend.

After all nothing less of an actual saint would allow themselves to be pulled out of bed at three in the ing morning and drive their best friend across the whole city – just because Jimin asked him to.

Asked might be a bit of an exaggeration. Jimin might have barged (kicked the door in) into Taehyung’s room, phone in hand, shoes already shoved haphazardly over his feet. And Taehyung, bless his poor gay heart, sat up right grabbing the foam bat from under his bed only to deflate as soon as he’d seen the fluff of Jimin’s pink hair poking out from under his snap back.

“Holy Jimin!” he screeched, words slurring from his groggy state “What! What do you want!”

Jimin smiled almost sheepishly “I need a ride”

Taehyung stared at him blearily, obviously still half asleep “Alright” he yawned, vigorously rubbing his eyes “Gimme a sec”

Jimin blinked, obviously shocked that the younger had just agreed with no questioning. He watched Taehyung shove some sandals on over his zebra printed socks, and Jimin would have complained because everything about that is just wrong but he had no room to because well, wow Kim Taehyung’s actually grabbing his car keys.

“Where we goin’?” Taehyung asked, as soon as the key was in the ignition

“The uh” Jimin cleared his throat “McDonald’s that Yoongi works at?”

Taehyung groaned, head thumping against the steering wheel “You’re so gay” he laughed shaking his head

Jimin rolled his eyes, smiling at his best friend “Like you’re not”

“You got me there” the younger winked turning the radio blasting some 90’s pop song and loudly singing along

And Jimin laughed, singing the words he knew feeling the car rock lightly as Taehyung bounced in his seat.

--

Now, ok listen. Taehyung loves Jimin – he does! Jimin’s his best friend in the whole world and the best roommate possible – even did all the grocery shopping. And Taehyung loves Yoongi too. Yoongi’s the coolest guy with his piercings and blue highlighted hair and the tattoos that he thinks only Jimin knows about. But! When the two of them are together he can feel himself try not to cringe at how obviously in love they are.

He figures though, that he owes Jimin. Owes him for of all the he’s done like, he doesn’t know what would be considered weird, but he thinks soaking towels in orange juice (it makes his hair soft ok?) has probably caused Jimin some grief. So, when Jimin says he needs a ride he finds the time to make it up is right then and there. At three in the morning. Because he loves his gay best friend.

He’s not surprised when Jimin flings himself out of the passenger seat and into the twenty-four-hour McDonalds. Taehyung follows with a yawn, swinging his keys idly.

Jimin’s leaning across the countertop with a teasing grin plastered on his face as Yoongi laughs, sleepy eyes glimmering. And Taehyung, although happy his friends are happy, also suddenly really wants a Big Mac. So he struts up to the counter, almost tripping on his pajama pants on his way, and slapping a $10 bill on the counter.

“Sorry to interrupt but” Taehyung yawns again, its three in the morning, sue him “I’ll take a Big Mac since I’ll be here for a while” he can see Yoongi’s shift manager Jin asleep in the back

“You don’t have to stick around y’know” Yoongi told him, smirking in a way that made Taehyung want to punch him “I can give him a ride”

“I don’t need to know that my best friends getting laid tonight, thanks” Taehyung informed “But I drove all the way down here I want a Big Mac”

Yoongi shrugged, putting the younger’s order in and telling him to wait a few minutes. And Taehyung sat his down, away from his best friend and the greasy lovey dovey until Yoongi called out a “Yo Tae!” much too loud for the empty building and with that he left the building calling for the two of them to use protection.

--

Having Jimin grinning at him surrounded by his gray blankets, arms open and waiting, the moment he got out of the shower after shift was possible Yoongi’s favorite sight. Such a beautiful man was his, and Yoongi was just as much the younger’s, and it was a dream come true.

Yoongi was so glad he’d sent that text saying he was bored resulting in Jimin forcing Taehyung to drive him halfway across the city.

He’d make it up to Taehyung someday, maybe buy him some quality headphones instead of the crap Donald Duck earbuds he’s been using ever since he met the kid two years prior.

(He doesn’t end up doing that, but being best man at their wedding is almost as good)