Chapter 1

Let's stop trading Love

When Jiyeon took off the flight, she felt and smell the fresh air of Jeju. Unlike the wind in Seoul, the air is so clean and freash at her home town.

When mom said to came back tomorrow, she had no idea why she called her so suddendly. As Jiyeon is attending university in Seoul, she only come back in uni break.

Then she saw mom and sister eun chae is waiting for her. So she ran to them.

Jiyeon: Omma..I'm here

Omma: Aww jiyeonna

When mom looked at her, she realised that mom face looked so sad and upset about something.

Eun Chae: Unni what did you bring for me?

Jiyeon: Aww I bought lots of snacks you like eun chae ya.

Eun Chae: Yay....

Then mom said nothing but just helped her bring the lagguage to the car.

Jiyeon had no idea why mom seems so sad. Eun Chae is still so young to cause a problem.

Because of money? It can't be. Jiyeon's family is rich for whole generation and it became better during her father generation. Jiyeon's family is one of the richest in the town.

May be because of Dad?

DAD. The god of jiyeon's family. The breadwinner of the family and the most powerful person in the family.

Jiyeon had to do what father like for her whole life. There is nothing she do in her life that dad doesn't like. She lived and breath as he told.

Then dad will comfort her with one word

Dad: Whatever I do is for all of you. For your future. For your good.

Then she wants to ask one thing. What about my happiness? But she can never deny dad's order . There was only one thing that she could not do as he wish.

When they arrived home, Dad came out and welcomed her so gladly that shocked jiyeon as he never did like this before.

Dad: Oh my yeonnie arrive. How's are you?

Jiyeon: I'm fine Uppa.

Dad: I bet you have already heard from your mom and I'm sure you'll agree it.

Jiyeon: About what Uppa?

Dad: WHAT? You haven't known yet?

Mom: She is so tired now. I'll tell her later. That's not the thing say quickly.

Dad: Ok ok. But you must tell her today coz it is tomorrow.

Mom: I know.

Then dad left. Jiyeon has no idea what are they talking about at all. She felt so worried that dad looks so exited and mom looks so upset.

Jiyeon: What's happening Omma. Just tell me.

Mom looked into her eyes so sorrowfully and said

Mom: Yeonna.. you have to engage tomorrow.

Yeon: WHAT? ENGAGE? WHO? ME? TOMORROW?....I mean...with who? why?..but..

Mom: Calm down yeonna.

Jiyeon was so shocked that she lost her words. It is meaningless that she had to engage tomorrow. Then she tried to calm down and asked

Yeon: With Whom

Mom: His name is Kim Taehyun (V). He's a medical student.

Yeon: Ahhh

Then yeon felt that she realised everything. The one thing that she could not do as Dad wish is being a doctor as she is not smart enough. Although Jiyeon family is very rich, her whole family is bad at education. So, her father wants something more than money and jiyeon could not fulfil that wish.

Is this a punishment for me Uppa?

Yeon then clamly ask the most cruel question of her life?

Yeon: How much do we need to pay them?

Mom: Yeonna...

Yeon: It's Ok Omma. I understand all. It's quite normal in our environemnt that rich family marry educated people. right? It's not a shock for me. The best thing of my life and all I have is being the daughter of Park family.

Mom: Yeonna..

Yeon: How much Omma?

Them mom signed deeply and said

Mom: They were also riched once. But when their dad died in an accident and all of their business collasped. The boy is doing his last year at medical school and he has four sisters. So you dad will support the boy and his whole family until he became a doctor. And let you two marry then.

Yeon: I see..

Mom: Yeonna.. please understand your Uppa. He thought it's the best for you.

Yeon: Nae Omma

When mom left, there is a tear drop from her face. She is not sure it’s for her pure heart that never loved before or her respect for her self that she had to bury.

V: You can’t do everything as you want

A girl: Why? Why not? What? You think you’re a doctor and it’s all. Ha ha ha. Don’t forget who make you. You bring you this place. I bought you. I bought you with my money. I own you. All you need to do is do as I say Ok. What an idiot who sell himself

V: No..no…it’s not like this..NOOOOO

Then he woke up and realized that it’s a dream, a nightmare. It’s been months that he had such kind of dreams.

He signed and drank a glass of water.

He came to realized how fate is frightening when dad died suddenly.

Everything changed and his life changed within a month. His family had to move from their house and it became difficult to keep on his study and his younger sisters study.

Then he decided to quit uni and to work but mom stopped it.

Mom: You are our family’s hope. Being you a doctor is your father last wish. So, you must not quit

But he can’t find a solution for their future. What will Mom gonna do? What can she do?

When he know the answer to this, he felt like the sky is falling down on his head

V: No Omma. I can’t. There must be another way. I will just quit my study

Mom: Shut up. There is no better way. All you have to do is marrying a girl. A rich girl. That’s all. It will make your whole life so smooth.

V: I don’t want such kind of life. Instead of living like this, I will just kill my dream of being a doctor

Mom: It’s not your dream Taehyun. It’s our dream. Our family dream. Your Uppa’s last hope. The future of our family, your sisters. Think carefully..son..

Then what can he say? He felt so hopeless and breathless.

All he left is the hate for that family who try to buy him. That girl who he’s never met before.

They ruin my life. That girl ruins my dream, my hope, my future, my pride….

He doesn’t want tomorrow to come

Tomorrow…

The day of their engagement

……………….