Epilogue (Sort of)

Biffles

Thank you to everyone who read, suscribed and enjoyed this little story I wrote. I was asked to write a little excerpt of what happened between the tiny kiss and them showing up to Uni the following Monday as a couple, so I did just that. I was hoping to have it up like 3-4 months ago, but I had summer exams and I was too stressed to get any sort of inspiration (since I'm not really a writer), but it all suddenly flowed this week and I'm really happy that I was able to add to this. 

I hope you guys enjoy!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

*The Morning After*

 

Kibum’s eyes opened slowly the next morning. He felt warm, bordering on too warm. He was about to protest the familiar feeling before a flush consumed his face as he recalled the previous night and cuddled into the warmth instead.

 

*Last night*

 

Kibum sighed and looked up at the ceiling. “They’re lucky.” He turned his gaze to Minho, who was looking at him, “They have somebody that loves them so much, so much they’d die for them if they had to.” Minho smiled at him, “So do you.” Kibum stared at him before laughing. “What on earth are you talking about, Choi Minho?” The other man just leaned over to Kibum and placed a chaste, but sweet kiss on Kibum’s lips before getting up, yelling a goodnight over his shoulder, and leaving Kibum shocked on the couch, staring at the spot Minho was before.

 

“He just kissed me, right? Minho just kissed me. My best friend, Choi Minho just kissed me… Why?” Thoughts rushed through Kibum’s mind as his fingers touched his lips, still tingling from the kiss. He needed answers. “Yah, Minho!” He got up and followed the taller boy into his room. Minho turned to him, a -eating grin on his face. “Yes?” Kibum’s eyes furrowed, “What was that?” Minho tilted his head, giving him the most innocent expression in the world, somewhat reminding Kibum of Taemin. “What was what?” Kibum huffed, “That! Out there, what you did to me?”  Minho nodded, “Ah yes, that was a kiss.” Kibum was about to blow his top. “I know it was a kiss… Can you explain to me, why there was a kiss?” Minho cleared his throat, his confident expression only falling for a second before determinately coming back. “Well, you see, Bummie. A kiss, specifically on the -ah, uhm- lips, happens when the person kissing has feelings… romantic feeling -more than friends feelings- for the person they're kissing. They usually do it when they think their feelings are returned or could be?” Without processing the golden question, Kibum took an honest five minutes to mull through what Minho said, and just looked at his now bashful face. He didn't realized his idiot of a friend could even be shy.

 

“You like me?” Minho nodded, “This isn’t some sort of joke or anything? You actually like me… in a more than friends kind-of way?” Minho nodded. “I thought you were straight?” Minho shrugged, “I guess I’m more biual, I’ve never really thought about it… I just know I like you. I think I have for awhile.” Kibum's looked at him in question. “You see, I thought about why Jiwon and I broke up alot after it happened. You know, I thought I was the perfect boyfriend. Took her on sweet dates, spent time and money on her, respected her and all the stuff I thought boyfriend's were supposed to do. I couldn't figure it out, and it bothered me so much that I asked her to meet me. I needed closure. It wasn't that I was still into her, but I wanted to know what could have pushed her to cheat on me,” Kibum's scoffed, “Other than her being a first-class ?”

 

Minho gave an amused smile, loving the way his friend jumped at his defense. “Yeah, other than that.” Kibum's motioned for him to continue. “so, we met at the end of the semester, while you were on that weekend of research conference thing with your professor. She… she told me that she felt like she’d been cheated on first.” Kibum’s eyes widened, “What the ? You never cheated on her, you were loyal to her the entire time you were together and didn't even look at anybody else!” He was furious, because he knew for a fact that Minho was one to give himself fully to a relationship, it was one of the things that made him like Minho so much. He admits it, he's always had a slight crush on Minho, but in the name of their friendship, he never let on that he did.

 

Minho shook his head. “I was surprised too, wondered if there was some sort of rumor...but… she said it was you. She said she knew we weren't together, but that she felt like we may as well have been. Said that the way I looked at you was incomparable to the way I looked at anybody else, including her. And then it clicked. She was right. It’s always been you, above anybody and anything else. It's you.”

 

Kibum's stood, bolted in place, wondering if this was a dream. His nearly forgotten feeling for Minho came rushing back at full force, like a tsunami swept over him. He felt both weak from emotions, but strengthened with newly renowned hope. He didn't realize just how much his crush had affected him over his lifetime. “How did you know I’d like you back?” Minho smiled warmly and began to walk towards him. “I started paying better attention, but you hide it pretty well. I wasn't entirely sure until last week. I accidentally read a convo between you and your Nicole when I was looking for my mom's new number on your phone.”

 

Ignoring the off-thought that he really should have his own mother's cell number, Kibum's nodded and looked up, his sight suddenly full of Choi Minho, who wrapped his big, warm arms around him and pulled him close. “I know I should have realized this sooner, Kibummie, but now that I have, would you please date me, and be officially mine?”

 

Kibum's let his head fall forward into his best friend’s expanse chest with a relieved sigh, and nodded. “Yea, you idiot. Took you long enough.” The swell “whoo!” that Minho screamed while lifting him and spinning him around was probably heard by the whole neighborhood. Kibum's pulled him into a proper kiss the moment they were still, falling onto the bed for their first kissy and cuddly night as a couple.

 

*Present*

 

The arm around him pulled him tighter, and Minho fully woke him up by spreading butterfly kisses all over his face. “Yah, Kim Kibum, What are you doing here, in my bed when you have your own bed, in your own room, on the other side of this apartment?” He asked, a playful look in his eye as he sat on Kibum's stomach, thinking back to that day, his lucky day. Then again, he's sure that even if he and Jiwon hadn't broken up then, he would have figured his feelings out eventually, he's just fortunate to have done it so soon. “I'm tired, Min, an eager man called Choi Minho kept me up too late last night.” The man in question chuckled loudly and swept down for a proper kiss. Kibum's pushed him away after a second, “gross, morning breath. Get off me and brush your teeth, Choi.” His crestfallen expression must have shown when Kibum pinched his thigh. “We’ll brush our teeth and then continue, ok?” Minho beamed and got up, pulling Kibum with him to the bathroom to brush their teeth, and hopefully go on sickening sweet dates after.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, my friends, this is it! It was heartwarming and lovely reading all your comments and knowing that at least some people enjoyed my writing. I hope you like this little bit as much as the first one. 

Thank You!!!!

~Luci :)