Careless? I Daresay!

Double Trouble

"Look, look!" Nayeon nudges Jeongyeon and Mina, pointing to the fruit sticker on her apple, "I'm going to eat this!"

She grins widely, her cute protruding teeth out in the open for everyone to see. She makes sure both girls are still watching her before she opens widely and bites off the spot with the sticker.

Mina's staring in disbelief at Nayeon eating the damn sticker on the apple. Chaeyoung's busy off doing who knows what (she's currently dropping a surprise at the student’s counciling room with balloons filled confetti and shredded papers tossed everywhere), Momo's sitting across her, eating a hamburger nonchalantly while Jeongyeon suddenly buries her face into her arms. It turns out that she's sleeping, which is an unusual sight because normally, she'd be working on her legos.

"Is that edible?" Mina asks as she stabs a piece of lettuce from her Caesar salad, her appetite has disappeared due to the amount of greens sitting in front of her. She has to maintain her image as a public figure, so salad is the way to keep herself on task. She eyes Momo's hamburger which obviously tastes better than some bland salad but has heavy consequences.

"Oh, my Wikipedia said that."

Mina's about to say, 'what?' but Nayeon follows up by showing her phone screen to her, and there, Wikipedia is shown in bold letters on her phone contacts in Kakaotalk.

However, Mina notices the picture next to the name and sees that it's Jihyo who was probably frowning at Nayeon when she took a picture of her out of the blue.

"Oh."

"Who's your Wikipedia?!" Jihyo appears from afar, storming up to their table with a tray of food in her hand, suddenly slamming it down on the table in annoyance. Sana, who was getting lunch with her, sits next to the sleeping Jeongyeon while Nayeon ignores her and shows her the rest of her contact lists.

Momo's listed as Twin Pig, Chaeyoung with Chaengye West, Jeongyeon's as YooGod and finally, she meets with hers. Whiny Mina.

"...what?" She furrows her eyebrows as Nayeon suddenly notices her sudden change of expression, "What the heck? I swear I saved you as Minasus Christ.“ Mina’s arrival was like the second coming of Jesus Christ, afterall.

"Oh, I changed it." Momo says with full as she continued, "You changed everyone's name in my filp phone contacts before! It was a pain in the to figure out who was who so I gave up on using one. Dunno how they work anyways."

"So...you don't have a phone?" Mina asks, "And we have no way of contacting you?" It makes Mina slightly annoyed, that Momo is much more of a carefree bird than she believed to be.

"Uh, you can say it like that." Momo nonchalantly replies, she has a perfect sense of direction and knows where everyone would usually be anyways.

Nayeon shakes her head, "I don't trust Momo with phones," she turns to face Mina, "You know, once she tried to unlock her phone but she forgot her passcode?" At this moment, Momo tries to stop her from saying anything else by grabbing her by the collar, but Nayeon quickly breaks away from her grip.

"Don't you dare!"

Mina nods, waiting for her to continue anyway afterall, seeing Momo like this is making her giggly a bit.

"Well, she had one of those old school phones where you had buttons with three letters per number-" Nayeon swiftly dodges a flying lunch tray and continues as nothing happened, "-she kept pressing numbers but the only number combo that worked was 119."

"...119?" Mina furrows her eyebrows, something clicks in her mind at that moment. "Ah!"

"Bingo," Nayeon grins, "She called the emergency number. The firetrucks and everything showed up in minutes at school, it was hilarious!"

"Hey! Shut up, that was when I first got here and I was lost," Momo grumbles a bit, sitting back down and slightly annoyed that Nayeon is telling Mina things that she'd rather forget. "I was lucky I didn't get fined or anything."

Nayeon raises her eyebrows for a second, "Oh yeah, it's been like…more than two years since you came here?"

Mina is particularly interested in this topic, because she remembers how Momo called herself a 'special admission student' when she introduced herself to her mother, and when they first saw each other, their dean referred to her and Jeongyeon as a special student.

"I remember when Momo first got here. It was a commotion on the first day," Nayeon just looks at her smugly, "Quite the popular girl you were that day."

"I don't know what you saw that day, but they were definitely giving me death glares," The blonde shivers, she can still vividly remember the atmosphere when she found out that she had ranked on the top of the exams, but she wasn't even enrolled in the school at the time. Basically, under special circumstances she was able to bypass all the prerequisites without lifting a finger by accident. No , that was obviously unfair for the other students.

"Speaking of that, Jeongyeon was the same too, wasn't she?" Jihyo points out, "You were the luckier one out of her."

Mina waits for her to continue, but the conversation keeps changing every few minutes that it's making her feel slightly left out because she wasn't even here. She came from another school out of the blue because her mother thought it would be better for her. Understandably, she sees how the girls are happy with the present as they look back.

She is curious about Momo's past though.

"Jeongyeon's sleeping at the moment." Sana says glaring at the other girls, "Don't disturb her."

However, Momo will always be Momo.

"Say..." A light bulb pops up in Momo's mind, "Does anyone have a marker? If you have a permanent one, I'll love you forever."

A grin appears on Nayeon's face as the other girls start to feel sorry for Jeongyeon, who seems to be in a deep sleep.

"Don't you dare-" Sana continues, but eventually she gives in. The other girls seem to have joined Momo's side while Jihyo's giving off the not-my-problem vibes.

 

Why is Jeongyeon sleeping, you wonder? Well, she's exhausted to the brim....by her older sister's recklessness.

 

"ing hell," Jeongyeon mutters under her breath. She's just woke up in her bed, and right next to her on the floor is a drag queen. A mothering drag queen in her bedroom, passed out. It's not the first time that it's happened. Once when she was in middle school, she found a girl knocked out cold in her closet when she was getting her uniform out.

She gets off her bed but has to step over the drag queen to get out of her room. She needs to remember to lock the doors next time, and tell her sister that the second floor is completely off-limits to anyone of her friends.

Red cups and ping pong balls are sprawled all over the ground on the first floor, there's spilled beer on the staircase. Up ahead is a wooden table which is split in half. Wooden shards are clearly spread everywhere, indicating that someone may have accidentally jumped and slammed into the table at full force, thus causing total annihilation of it.

"What the actual ?" She mutters to herself. She’s slightly relieved that the table wasn't from their family dining room, but the one from the basement.

Jeongyeon is speechless, as she walks up to it and shifts the broken pieces of the table to the side, carefully as she doesn't want anyone walking this way to get a splinter on the sole of their feet. Looking around, it's like a storm hit the bar, if her parents were to see the sight of this, she'd no longer be able to go out of the house again.

Backpedal a bit, Jeongyeon stops in her tracks. Her parents are coming back today at eight in the morning, aren't they?! She looks at the clock and it's reading 7:13 a.m. School starts at 8 a.m. Before she knows it, she's running everywhere to get everyone awake.

“Hey! Everyone here, get up!” She abruptly yells, not caring about the fact that she didn't even know who these people were. “Wake up, you drunkards!”

Some people were groaning, others were still out cold. Jeongyeon knew she had to do something and thankfully, she wasn't the type of person to pent up her frustrations.

"Unnie, what the is this?!"

The short-haired girl half-yells as she finally finds her sister napping behind the bar table–mind you, the Yoo family runs an night bar and their parents are coming back from an overseas liquor event.

“Huh–Uh?” Seungyeon groggily grunts as she squints her eyes to look at the person disrupting the peaceful silence in her room. Her younger sister is shouting at her and everyone else, forcing her to figure out what was going on.

Her eyes blink a few times in order to register the sight in front of her. She’s not in her room. Seungyeon’s eyes jolt open as she realizes that she’s in big trouble, the whole bar is in a mess, it looks completely trashed out.

“Unnie, our parents are gonna be back soon! Hurry up and do something!” Jeongyeon’s eyes scream of panic, and it didn't take long for her to get everyone up and running to clean up the mess that they had made since last night.

“Oh shoot!”

“Eh–I don’t wanna clean up!”

“Was everyone seriously knocked out cold?! Unbelievable!”

Seungyeon's friends were certainly a rowdy bunch and she really didn't expect the high school reunion for her sister's class to get out of control.

Jeongyeon noticed the drag queen that was in her room cleaning up among the crowd of people, she awkwardly flashed a smile back when they gave her a wink. Seems like the drag queen knew that she was in a room earlier–it would be their small secret, apparently.

"Unnie, I'm finding a new job!" Jeongyeon half-yelled once they all left after less than an hour of gruesome work of hauling trash out the door and tidying up the bar back to its' normal state, leaving a few minutes before their parents would arrive home.

Seungyeon only shook her head, grabbing her younger sister by the neck in a headlock. “That’s not happening any time, dear sister!” She grinned widely, ruffling Jeongyeon's hair as she struggled to break free from her arm-lock.

Jeongyeon grunts in response, annoyed about her sister’s dependency on her to cover for her when she’s in a pinch.

“I’m supposed to be the little sister, why do I have to do this?!”

 

It’s not until Jeongyeon gets home, when she sees Seungyeon grinning to herself as she enters the bar. It seems like their parents are out again while Seungyeon prepares for the bar to open once they come back.

“What are you laughing at?” She glares, when her older sister shakes her head.

“Jeongie, you should really look at the mirror.”

That’s when it hits her–she’s been getting weird stares from everyone except her friends the whole day after lunch.

“Don’t pay much attention, people are just being weird,” Momo tells her as they’re walking to class. Jeongyeon tried to get assurance from the others as she noticed other students staring at her more than usual. Sana shrugged while Mina looked the other way. Chaeyoung and Jihyo didn't say much while Nayeon suddenly pulled her aside to take a picture together.

“Peace!” Nayeon said, as Jeongyeon didn't even get to see the picture since it was taken by Momo. She decided to take their reactions and responses as normal, when it was actually the opposite.

It was until she had finally walked into her bedroom and looked at the mirror when she found herself looking like a fool, her eyes shaded in black like a panda, Momo’s signature and some other scribbles with poop drawings–it was enough to tell her that she was not going to be able to come to school tomorrow without being embarrassed about her clueless stature.

“Argh–I should have known!