Our Wings Will Fly Together

Our Wings Will Fly Together

Jeon Jungkook always loved how his boyfriend would slip his small pinky around the younger's whenever he wanted to hold his hand. The older, despite being two years older then Jungkook, was very submissive, never wanting to be the first to make a move and was always scared of losing the younger. Jungkook could not count the number of times on his hands that he assured Park Jimin that he loved him and wanted no one else, but the older suffered with self esteem issues that even Jungkook couldn't fix. 

Jungkook was now twenty four years old, enjoying his youth with the love of his life, but he had just gotten a very official letter in the mail. After reading it over Jungkook looked to his boyfriend, his shook expression, that Jimin loved so much, painted his face. Jimin stood up from the couch, grabbing the paper from Jungkook's hand to see his mandatory military service was to start Monday, and it was now Friday. 

"It's really not that bad, I did mine and survived, but what am I gonna do without you?" Jimin had tears threatening to escape his eyes, but he still held his smile, wanting to assure the younger that everything was going to be fine.

"I know I'll be okay, coming home to you is too important to me. I'm gonna get Yoongi and Hoseok to keep an eye on you while I'm gone, I need you here and healthy when I come home." Jungkook gave the older a smile, and then a few sweet kisses just because he could.

The whole weekend Jungkook and Jimin never held hands, instead they took to intertwining pinkies, it was all Jimin asked for, and Jungkook was happy to oblige because it made the older happy. They spent every moment they could together, not wanting the weekend to end. The two went to fancy dinners those three nights, Jungkook took Jimin to a water park, and they even went to see both Jungkook's and Jimin's parents. Jungkook's mother obviously cried, while his father made sure that his son was ready to honor their family name. Jimin's parents basically did the same, which was a little weirder for Jungkook. Jungkook had also proposed to Jimin that weekend, it was Sunday night, at a fancy restaurant, and of course Jimin said yes, which lead to a very eventful night in their bedroom, Jimin figured it was a good way to send Jungkook off to the military.

It was now Monday and Jungkook was leaving for two years. "I'm really gonna miss you baby." Jungkook spoke as Jimin intertwined their pinkies one last time. Jungkook leaned forward, kissing Jimin with so much passion it was like the first time their lips had ever met. "I have to go now, please be safe. I promise I will come home. I love you." Jimin was sobbing, loudly, as he stood with Yoongi and watched Jungkook walk away. 

"I love you too." Jimin shouted back as Jungkook turned to give him a bright smile and blew him a kiss, which Jimin returned. Then it hit him, Jimin had just let Jungkook walk away from him for two years.


It was a sunny summer day in July, and it was now only two months until Jungkook was to come home, and Jimin could not be happier. The older did everything he could to stay busy, hoping time would go faster, but it never did. He was cleaning their small one bedroom apartment when he heard a knock on his front door, figuring it was Yoongi checking in on him, Jimin skipped happily to the door. 

Jimin's heart dropped, along with his smile, when he opened the door to see two army men, in full uniform, with a folded up flag in their hands. "Mr. Park Jimin, I'm sorry but Mr. Jeon Jungkook was killed out on the field. We assure you he died with honor and put no disgrace to his family name, but he won't be returning home." Jimin fell to his knees, tears staining his cheeks, and his whole body was shaking. Every thought in his head was something about the five and a half years him and Jungkook had been dating. Their first meeting, their first date, their first kiss, their first time in bed, the moment Jungkook got down on one knee and proposed to him, and then his thoughts went simply to Jungkook. Jungkook's smile, Jungkook's bunny teeth, Jungkook's chocolate brown eyes, Jungkook's shook expression, Jungkook's pinky intertwined with his, even Jungkook's habit of teasing the older about his height. 

Jimin never thought that he would lose his Jungkookie, his protection shield, his life, his everything, the other half to their little pinky holds. Jimin did the only thing he could do that night, with a gun in his hand, he ended his pain.