OUR OWN STORY

what is love? [Hiatus]

Hakyeon-ah where are we going?" Jiyeon asked.

The school was ended earlier than usual as a reward for the basketball team as they had won the match between Victory High School and Shinhwa High School by 30-27. They had gained their dignity back through the game. Shinhwa High School's students once dared them to beat them in basketball game and now they did. It was the dignity between two elite school in Seoul.

Hakyeon and Jiyeon is walking together to the school main entrance.

" Hakyeon-ah please say something! I'm talking to you. How dare you ignore me?" Jiyeon continued with annoying voice that deserves anyone's fist.

Hakyeon suddenly stopped. His eyes caught on something. It was a 'boy' with blonde hair being bullied by a group of girls. Based on 'his' uniform color, 'he' is a year junior than him. However, he didn’t have interest to interfere their business.

Jiyeon keeps disturbing Hakyeon. " Hakyeon-ah~~~'" she pouted.

" you just wait for you driver to fetch you. Leave me alone. I hate it to death!" powerful words that came out of his mouth that enough to stop Jiyeon from clinging with him...oops at least for this time being!!

Hakyeon walked through the main entrance leaving Jiyeon behind. He took the path home. Actually he supposed to wait for his driver to fetch him but he decided to walk home. He doesn't even inform his driver that his school ended earlier.

Hakyeon carefully walk step by step while observing everyone around him. There are a lot of more unfortunate people who live a hard life struggling for their love ones by selling food or goods. He had almost everything but he couldn't gain happiness from whatever he did. Without noticing he slightly smiles while looking at them.

" Huh?", he saw a tteokbeokki stall across the road.

Carefully he looked left and right before across the road safely.

" Hyung! how much ?"

"3000 won " the hawker replied with a wide smile.

" Can I have it?"

" Okay !"

After three minutes...

" It is cold...take this egg soup to keep your body warm" the warm-heart hawker passed him a cup of hot egg soup.

Hakyeon just nodded politely and smiled, "thank you, Hyung!"

" Here's the money" Hakyeon left 10000won to the hawker and ran away.

" Student! Hey!! Your balance money," The hawker called him a few times but Hakyeon keeps running. He just smiled widely as he knew Hakyeon's pure heart intention.

"Hyung. What happened?, the hawker's younger brother Minhyuk who is in the same school as Hakyeon greet him after school.

" Hmm that student left 10000won without taking his balance money back and ran away" he pouted his mouth to point at Hakyeon who is running .

" Huh? Hakyeon?" Minhyuk mumbled.

"You know him? " his brother asked.

"Yes...but..." Minhyuk hesitated.

" But what?"

" Huh? Nothing!"

Suddenly a luxurious black car across their stall and stopped beside Hakyeon.

Hakyeon knew it is his mother‘s car. He took a glance and fasten up his steps to avoid her. Not too far from the car Hakyeon stopped once his mother stepped out of the car.

A lady with soft pink winter coat and red high heels got out of the car. Indeed it was his mother.

“What are you doing?” she asked him harshly. She put off his sunglasses while lifting up her right eyebrow with an arrogant face looking at her only son.

Hakyeon just gave her a blank look.

She noticed that Hakyeon is holding a bowl of street tteokbeokki and egg soup in his hand. She stared at the food as it looks so disgusting,

She took the food and threw onto the ground.

“ Eomma!”

“ You’re in no place to eat this rubbish! Get in the car!”

Hakyeon startled. The smile that had drawn on his face few minutes ago disappeared in seconds.

Minhyuk and his brother still there watching everything.

“ Minhyuk-ah he’s a rich boy. But… I’m curious …just because…hmmm…what kind of person he at school.? You know not every unfortunate people are unfortunate and fortunate people are fortunate. You got what I mean…after seeing what just happened…”, Minhyuk’s brother asked. He shrugged.

Minhyuk hesitated for a while…

“ He… never smile …and…now I know why!”

He just gave Minhyuk a blank look as he is trying to digest his younger brother’s words.

Time flew fast. It is almost 4:30pm. Minhyuk had to go home.

“ Hyung! I’ll go home first. I’m going to prepare for dinner”, he slapped softly his brother’s shoulder and smiles,

“Got to go! See ya!”

As Minhyuk parents passed away long ago when he was a little, his brother Minki had to support both their life. Minhyuk did everything that moms did such as managing the laundry, cooking and many others house chores. While his brother act like a father non-stop working to support their life. This is include to pay for Minhyuk’s study fees that really expensive. As he wants his younger to become successful he’s willing to sacrifice everything.

Absolutely Minhyuk did not waste of his brother effort. He’s a top student in Victory High School. Not only that he also good at sports. In fact he’s in the same basketball team as Hakyeon. He’s a good brother indeed.

*****

Jiyeon is in front of the mirror in her room. She may have the looks but she likes to look down at poor people.

She touched her bare face while smiling as she is so confident with her look. However, she keeps blabbering about what just happened that afternoon.

“Hakyeon-ah! You’re so bad! Really bad!”

“ I’m pretty enough to be a goddess ! What’s wrong with him. Annoying!

“Okay…okay…don’t worry! Be patient… love required sacrifice right?” she giggled.

Someone is knocking the door.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

“ Come in! uh mum?”

“Jiyeon-ah! Remember tomorrow you have piano lesson honey?” her mother said.

“ Mum, but tomorrow is Sunday can’t I skip this time please?”

“ No! No! No! I’ve registered you in an international competition in French in three months. You have to practice harder. You know how hard to reach this level right?”

“ okay! “ Jiyeon had nothing to say. She just nodded.

*****

Noisy alarm woke Hakyeon up. It is exactly 8:30am Sunday’s morning.

He opened his eyes slowly and sat for a while. He stretched his body to loosen up his body’s muscle.

Slowly he approached the door and straight away to the down stair.

“ Mum! Dad!”

The house is empty again. He sighed. As he is very thirsty he approached the fridge and took out plain water.

He gulped down the water slowly and put the bottle back at his place in the fridge.

“Huh?” he found a sticky note on the fridge.

Hakyeon-ah , mum and dad went to Jiyeon’s house. Behave yourself at home okay. Take care my dear

Mum , dad

“Again? Early in the morning!” he sighed. He crumpled the note and threw it into the dustbin. He was about to leave the kitchen as he saw something in the dustbin he took a glance and saw a flyer.

“Sauna?” Hakyeon slightly smiles.

 

P/S: please let me know how was the story!!