Nine

To Mend a Broken Heart

Finally managed to finish this chapter. I love writing this story. And also, I am writing the 2nd part to my NamJin "Let Me Give You a Hand" fic, but it's going to take some time.


“ Oh hey, why don’t you invite Jin Hyung with us, as well? I think he told me once that he was into video games?”

Yoongi tried to avoid looking into Hoseok’s eyes, instead busying himself by pretending to look for something in his backpack as he casually answered, “ I think that he told me this morning that he has some plans later in the afternoon. Anyways, shouldn’t we get going? I only have about 2 hours of spare time, before my next lecture.”

“ Too bad. I wanted to look at something beautiful today instead of having to stare at your expressionless face for the nth time.”

Hoseok said in a regretful voice which earned him a glare from Yoongi along with a “ Oh, yeah? Well, your horse-like face isn’t really a treat for me, either, and yet you don’t hear me complaining.” remark which effectively made his friend narrow his eyes at him.

After exchanging such affections as always, the walk to the arcade was pretty much uneventful with the two of them bantering about music and latest quality hip-hop albums which came out recently.

However, at the back of Yoongi’s mind was the feeling of guilt about the lie he had just told Hoseok.

He tried not to pay attention to it, but he felt guiltier with each passing second about lying how Jin had some plans in the afternoon and couldn’t come with them.

The truth was, however, completely the opposite.

He knew for a fact that today Jin had no lectures, and moreover, he was sure that his roommate was going to spend the whole day lounging around the house, since Jin himself had told him that yesterday night.

Not to mention the fact that Jin was in fact into video games.

Actually, that was an understatement.

He was a total nerd when it came to video games and Yoongi even once called him out on his obsession, but Jin couldn’t even take a moment to look away from his Nintendo DS to properly deny that accusation, so he just grunted in response, confirming Yoongi’s remark.

So, he was pretty sure that if he had sent a text to Jin, asking him if he wanted to join them in the arcade that his roommate would materialize in front of them in a matter of minutes.

But, Yoongi really couldn’t allow that to happen.

He wasn’t even that much in the mood to go to the arcade and all he wanted to do at that moment was become one with his bed, but he couldn’t go back to the apartment.

Not when he knew that he would run into his roommate there, who might suggest that they do something together on his day off and Yoongi knew that he would cave in and end up doing whatever Jin wanted to do.

He really couldn’t let that happen.

Especially not when he was still in this state of confusion which clouded his mind every day, ever since that Christmas trip and Namjoon’s remark about how he was glad that Yoongi had moved on and then even went on to imply that he harbored some romantic feelings towards Jin.

Exactly 2 weeks had passed since that day, but Yoongi still couldn’t get Namjoon’s words out of his head.

So, until he figures things out, he decided to try and secure a lot of alone time to allow himself to think everything through.

But, he had to do it carefully.

He didn’t want Jin to think that he was avoiding him.

So, he tried his best to act normal around the elder, but that proved to be hard lately.

Because, even though Jin never mentioned their kiss, or the fact that they slept in the same bed during that trip, something changed.

Something in the way Jin acted around him.

Or maybe it was just that Yoongi changed and started paying more attention to every little thing Jin did whenever they interacted.

He was still the same as usual, preparing him coffee and food whenever he could, waking him up for lectures and chatting with him whenever he deemed that Yoongi was awake enough to actually have a proper conversation with him, but…

But, there was the question of “skinship”.

His roommate knew that Yoongi wasn’t a really touchy person and he always respected that, but ever since they got back from the trip, he seemed to have forgotten that.

Or maybe Yoongi just hasn’t given much significance to those casual touches before, but lately he couldn’t help but notice them, since they made him feel all tingly and weird.

And the most confusing part was that Yoongi was not sure if Jin was doing it on purpose, or unconsciously, since he was so ing subtle about.

And if Yoongi hadn’t started paying attention to everything concerning his roommate ever since that ski trip then he wouldn’t have even noticed those moments when Jin’s hand sometimes lingered on his shoulder a bit longer than necessary after telling him something he thought was interesting.

Or how when his roommate started laughing about something, he would always lean towards him and somehow lean onto Yoongi while his body trembled from those sweet giggles leaving his lips, causing Yoongi’s whole body to become filled with some inexplicable warmth.

But, the worst of all was definitely whenever his roommate unconsciously slapped his thigh during some passionate speech about a new recipe he had found, making Yoongi flinch in surprise every time he did that.

And then, instead of removing his hand, it would just linger there for a while with Jin rubbing small circles on his thigh while talking excitedly about food with stupid stars in his large, warm eyes, not even noticing how every hair on Yoongi’s body stood up with the way the elder’s fingers traced patterns over the thin fabric of his jeans.

Yoongi wanted to jump out of his skin every time Jin did that, but he couldn’t.

He needed to pretend that his roommate’s touches had no effect on him.

He had to stop himself from shuddering every time his roommate’s skin came in contact with his, leaving him to think about it for hours during night as he lied on the bed in his room.

He had so many questions and there was no one to provide him with answers which irritated him to no end.

Well, maybe Jin had answers to some questions, but what he needed to figure out was why he felt different about his roommate after the trip.

Okay, the knowledge of how it felt to have his tongue shoved down the elder’s mouth along with how it felt to wake up next to the said-roommate and witness his breathtaking visuals along with the sensation of the warm body pressed against his, definitely played a large role in why he felt on edge every time he was near Jin.

But, there was something else.

Even when Jin did nothing at all, just eating at the dining table, or sitting at the sofa in the living room and watching TV, Yoongi would find his gaze being inevitably drawn to the pink-haired male.

It was usually followed by a warm feeling spreading through his guts along with the weird itch in his chest that just wouldn’t go away, no matter how much Yoongi scratched at that area.

He was getting worried, because that wasn’t an unfamiliar feeling.

He had experienced it before.

Once.

And he wasn’t sure that he wanted to go through that again, so he couldn’t allow himself to feel like that about his roommate.

That is why he did everything in his power to spend less time around the elder in hopes that those feelings would gradually go away.

His logic was that if he wasn’t near the elder, if he didn’t stare into his gentle eyes every day, or if he didn’t hear his soft voice, or his lame jokes or the squeaky little sounds that left his mouth every time he found something incredibly funny ( usually his own dad jokes which amused him to no extent-and ONLY him, since Yoongi never showed any sign of approval when it came those jokes), then maybe, just maybe-these unwanted feelings would go away.

However, he still felt guilty about lying to Hoseok and not inviting Jin with them.

After all, they were more than just roommates now.

They were friends.

And that just made things more complicated for Yoongi.

.

(︺︹︺)

He thought a lot about how he felt these days.

Unfortunately, that also brought unwanted memories of that person since he had to compare how he feels now about Jin to how he felt before towards Jimin.

He kept telling himself that it was logical that he felt confused, because after all who wouldn’t be slightly baffled after kissing and sleeping in the same bed as someone you considered close to you?

It didn’t necessarily have to mean that he actually felt something more than friendship towards the elder.

Also, the trouble was that he wasn’t really experienced in the whole “love” department.

In high school he had a couple of meaningless flings and the only real relationship was the one he had with Jimin.

So, naturally he had to think about how he used to feel about Jimin, so as to see if what he felt about Jin could be classified as something more than just a platonic relationship.

The problem was that it was Jimin who made the first move and took the initiative.

Before Jimin took things into his own hands, Yoongi wasn’t even aware that he was in love with the younger boy.

He knew that he was attracted to him, but he didn’t know that he also liked Jimin and wanted something more.

Or maybe, on some level he knew it, but was too afraid to do anything about it, since he was sure that Jimin didn’t feel the same about him.

Oh, how wrong was he.

“Soooo?”

“ So what?” Yoongi grunted as he took his ice Americano and headed towards the nearest table in Starbucks.

Or at least tried to, if only Hoseok hadn’t been blocking his way while looking at him with a mischievous glint in his eyes while raising his eyebrows at him.

“ Do you have some twitch, or what?” Yoongi stopped and asked his friend with an impassive face.

His friend frowned and slapped his shoulder, muttering, “ Rude.”

Yoongi shrugged his shoulders, before making his way towards the table in a secluded corner with Hoseok following after him like some puppy.

More like an annoying mut, actually.

Once Yoongi finally sat down and started drinking his bitter, amazing caffeine, Hoseok just had to sit down across him, open his big, stupid mouth and say, “ So, did you finally declare your undying love towards Jimin?” causing Yoongi to splutter and spit out most of his coffee.

He lamented the wasted liquid, but not all of it was in vain.

Some landed on Hoseok’s white T-Shirt and face which earned Yoongi a disgusted look and a loud whine from his friend.

“ Duuuude! Seriously?! This is a limited edition T-Shirt…”

Yoongi couldn’t sympathise with his friend, since he brought it upon himself by asking the most ridiculous questions.

And he let Hoseok know that as well.

“ Serves you right for asking such nonsense. Where do you get those weird ideas? Probably in those K-dramas that you and Tae watch every damned weekend.” Yoongi stated while rolling his eyes and wiping the spilled Americano on the table with a napkin.

“ For your information, the love between Si-jin and Mo-yeon is what true love should be and don’t you dare insult our guide to true love!” Hoseok dramatically gasped, earning him another eye-roll from Yoongi at his exaggerated acting.

“ Anyways, I don’t need K-dramas to see how your eyes turn into hearts every time Jimin says something, laughs, or simply breathes. And it has already been 4 months since you have started sharing a dorm, and spending most of the time together, so it’s only natural for me to ask you that. Because, Jimin is very cute and hot at the same time with that dancer body, not to mention his godlike thighs. So, as a good friend, I am telling you to just confess already, before someone beats you to it.”

What irritated Yoongi the most was how dead-serious Hoseok was when he said this.

He couldn’t even deny any of the things Hoseok said, although he was positive that he did not have ‘heart eyes’ for Jimin.

Maybe just a little.

But, whatever.

Anyone who had met Jimin had to be at least a bit infatuated with him, since he really was special.

Sweet.

Caring.

Talented.

Beautiful on the outside and on the inside.

.

Maybe, Hoseok was right.

He really had it bad for his roommate.

All this time he tried to convince himself that it was only attraction that he felt towards the younger boy, but now…

If others started noticing as well how he looked at Jimin then it must be that his true feelings were transparent.

But, he was sure that Jimin didn’t like him like that and just treated him nicely and endured all of his mood-changes and grumpiness just because he was a naturally tolerant and kind person and not because he felt the same way about Yoongi the way Yoongi felt about him.

“ Whatever. You don’t know what you are saying.” Yoongi had said then coldly and left Starbucks, thinking how he had no chance with Jimin.

Well, about a week later, it turned out that he was wrong.

After a Halloween celebration, Jimin came back to the dorm, slightly tipsy and finally snapped at him.

Yoongi was taken aback at first when Jimin barged into the room and started yelling at him out of the blue, how “he was so unfair” and “how could he torment him like that”, only to claim Yoongi’s lips in a surprise kiss a few moments later.

After the initial shock, Yoongi responded and well, they spent the night cuddling, kissing and talking about how they have been two idiots all those months.

It turned out that Jimin actually heard of him even before he got assigned to the same dorm room as him.

He heard many students praising his song that had placed number 1 in his music production class and Jimin managed to find the song on the University site.

He confessed to Yoongi that the moment he heard his voice, he was a goner.

And that when he finally had a face to match to that voice, he barely contained himself from squealing in front of Yoongi like a crazed fanboy.

It was all new to Yoongi, since Jimin claimed that it was love at first sight for him while Yoongi knew that for him it took some time to fall for Jimin.

He didn’t believe in love at first sight.

He believed in spending time with someone, getting to know each other and then gradually falling in love.

And that is how it happened with them.

So yes, now that he thinks about it, he did realize his feelings for Jimin even before Jimin confessed to him.

But, with Jin, it wasn’t like that.

Sure, they have lived together for a while.

And they clicked instantly as roommates from day one.

But!

Yoongi felt no attraction at first sight.

And he wasn’t sure if he even felt it now as well, or if he was imagining it because of the kissing and stuff.

God, if only they hadn’t gone on that trip then none of this would have happened and he could have continued living his life rather peacefully without worrying if he was developing a crush on his roommate.

He really didn’t want history to repeat itself.

He didn’t need to have his heart broken again when it still hasn’t healed from the last time.

He unlocked the door to his apartment, throwing his bag on the couch without looking and heading towards his bedroom.

A loud “Ow!” stopped him in his tracks and he looked at the sofa where that sound came from.

There he saw his roommate with a slightly pained expression as he struggled to get rid of Yoongi’s heavy bag which landed directly on his face.

.

Yoongi widened his eyes when Jin sat up on the sofa while rubbing his forehead with his hand.

“ ! I am so sorry, I had no idea you were there and I wasn’t looking. I am such an idiot!” Yoongi started saying in a flustered and apologetic voice as he quickly approached the sofa and sat next to his roommate.

“ It’s fine. I was just surprised.” the elder said, offering a small smile to show Yoongi that he wasn’t mad and Yoongi was sure that if the roles were reversed, he would be pretty pissed that something so heavy landed on his face.

He stared at his roommate’s forehead, and damn, it was already slightly red.

He felt so ty.

Not only was he trying to avoid spending time with his roommate these days, but now he even managed to cause him physical pain as well.

He was so not an , he thought ironically.

“ Hey, are you okay?”

his roommate’s soft voice snapped him out of his thoughts and when he looked into Jin’s eyes, he noticed the crease between his eyebrows and how worried the elder looked.

His heart skipped a beat and he forced himself to look away and grumble, “ I should be the one asking you that.”

What followed was that precious giggle which sounded like the most adorable case of hiccups and he just had to look at Jin once again, who was now laughing and covering his mouth with his hand.

“ Oh come on, I am not made of glass. I will survive.” the pink-haired male teased and Yoongi felt as if he was out of breath.

It was only then that he noticed how close he and Jin were sitting when he could even count his eyelashes, or see the tiny mole near his lip which he never noticed before.

Jin was wearing jeans, a plain white T-Shirt and a pink-and-white striped cardigan over it. His hair was silky and it fell over his forehead. He was also bare-faced and he seemed so…

Soft.

And all Yoongi wanted to do in that moment was cuddle up next to him on that sofa and not move for hours.

His heart raced at the thought and he realized with horror that this was definitely not a proper way to get rid of these unnecessary feelings towards his roommate.

He got up abruptly, causing the elder to stop laughing and look at him in confusion.

“ Yoongi?”

Jin said with a puzzled look, but Yoongi just chuckled nervously, before saying, “ Ah, I just remembered that I forgot something at Namjoon’s for tomorrow’s class. I have to go and get it.”

“ Oh, okay.” Jin said, but he didn’t seem convinced.

However, Yoongi took his bag and quickly started retreating towards the door.

As he was about to exit, he heard Jin yelling after him, “ Don’t forget the party at Hobi’s and Tae’s new apartment! It starts at 9 p.m.!”

.

He forgot that those two moved to a bigger apartment in Myeongdong from the tiny one in Hongdae after Hoseok’s cousin made some calls and got them that 2 bedroom apartment at an awesome price that even they could afford.

And of course, he couldn’t ditch this party.

Not when all of their friends would be there.

Unfortunately, that included Jin as well.

“ Y-yeah, see you!” he managed to yell back while almost slamming the apartment door behind him and rushing through the hallway.

This was going to be a long day.

(︺︹︺)

Yoongi did indeed spent most of the day at Namjoon’s place although he did not really forget anything there.

But, after coming up with that excuse, he needed a place to stay for a while, or at least until the party.

Luckily, Namjoon knew him long enough to know that whenever Yoongi was in this sullen mood, it was best to not ask any questions and just leave him be.

That was precisely what Namjoon did when Yoongi settled on the sofa of his and Jackson’s dorm room, taking out his laptop and headphones in order to do arrangements on one of his tracks.

Thankfully, Jackson was already at Hobi’s and Tae’s new place, helping them organize stuff for the party ( a.k.a. buying ton of alcohol for them to get wasted since he was ‘wild and y’ after all) which provided a much needed peace in Namjoon’s dorm room.

He knew that Jin was usually punctual, so he just stopped by his apartment when he was sure that Jin had already left.

Namjoon waited for him as he took a quick shower and changed his clothes and they walked silently to the subway.

It was only once they were in Myeongdong, searching for the address of the building that Hoseok gave them that Namjoon decided to speak.

“ Is it about Jin-Hyung?”

Yoongi wasn’t completely surprised that Namjoon figured out what was on his mind, since his best friend knew him too well, but he still tried to sound nonchalant when he said, “ Yeah, but it’s no big deal.”

He really didn’t want to talk about it with anyone.

However, it seemed that Namjoon did not share his opinion as he hummed thoughtfully and said, “ I know that after Jimin you are afraid of falling for someone, so as to not get hurt again, but you are only hurting yourself like this. After all, nobody said love was easy. And you should take Jin Hyung’s feelings into consideration as well. Because, you are really dense if you think Hyung is an idiot who hasn’t noticed that you have been avoiding him lately.”

Yoongi who had been walking next to his friend while looking at the ground and kicking invisible pebbles in front of him, stopped at that moment.

He looked at Namjoon with slightly wider eyes and asked in a quiet voice, “ Jin knows?”

Namjoon offered him a sympathetic smile and said, “ I don’t know if he knows how you feel about him, but he definitely realized that you have been avoiding him. He even asked me a few days ago if he had done something wrong and if I knew about it, so that he could try to fix things right.”

Yoongi swallowed a lump that formed in his throat while rubbing his temples.

.

The last thing he wanted to do was make his roommate feel like that.

He looked up and met his best friend’s gaze when a hand patted his shoulder.

Namjoon was looking at him with those gentle eyes as he said, “ Yoongi, you deserve to be happy. And I really think Jin Hyung is different than Jimin. In many ways. Also, you should see the way Hyung looks at you sometimes and then you wouldn’t give your feelings a second thought.”

And with one comforting squeeze of his shoulder, Namjoon flashed him that dimpled smile and said, “ Now, come on. We don’t want to keep Jin Hyung and the others waiting.”

As they rode the elevator to the 5th floor where their friend’s new apartment was located, Yoongi thought about everything that Namjoon had said.

But, what he thought most about was Namjoon’s comment about the way Jin looked at him.

What did that mean?

Could it be that his roommate liked him in a romantic way?

He didn’t have much time to ponder on it, because the moment Namjoon had said “ We are here.” and entered the apartment at the end of the hallway, they were greeted by music loud enough to deafen the whole floor.

Yoongi winced at the sound of the music blasting and he couldn’t believe the crowd of people that was already there.

Half of them he had no idea who they were, but judging by the funky way of dressing they were probably Taehyung’s friends.

“ What took you s so long?!!!!” somebody Hoseok had screamed in his ear as he squeezed in between him and Namjoon, throwing his hands over their shoulders.

“  We wanted to be fashionably late!” Namjoon yelled as a response, over the loud music causing Hoseok to laugh heartily while Yoongi just wanted to be somewhere where it was quiet.

No such luck, because Hoseok wanted to show them the apartment.

However, all Yoongi managed to see of the apartment were sweaty people, drunk people and more people.

When Hoseok finished showing them the “kitchen” a.k.a. a small room where there were drinks on the table and a few people sitting on the tiles with dilated eyes and heads thrown back, Yoongi wondered if there would be anything left of this apartment in the morning.

“ Here! Enjoy, see ya later!” Hoseok exclaimed, before shoving cans of beer in their hands and then got swallowed by the crowd of people in the living room.

Yoongi already had a headache and it had only been 15 minutes since he had entered the apartment.

He wondered where Jin was since he hadn’t seen him and he was about to ask Namjoon if he had spotted the elder somewhere when he noticed some girl standing  awfully close to Namjoon and talking to him in a hushed voice while flipping her hair more than necessary.

And his best friend was no better, as he leaned closer to her with his killer smile and even though the music was loud he still heard the flirty voice Namjoon used.

Oh God, he really wasn’t in the mood to watch his best friend hooking up with some girl, which, judging by how close they were standing and how they were eye-ing, was going to happen any minute now.

Maybe he lost a part of his hearing because of the intensity of the music, but he didn’t need to be blinded as well by disgusting scenes, so he took his leave from the kitchen and headed somewhere.

Anywhere where he wouldn’t feel like throwing up.

He had been elbowing through the crowd which seemed to be getting bigger as time passed for a solid 10 minutes and was just about to give up when he noticed a way out.

He pushed the glass door and suddenly he was able to breathe.

He closed his eyes and inhaled the fresh air.

“ Yoongi?”

He thought that he was dreaming when he heard that soft, angelic voice and once he opened his eyes and looked to his right, he couldn’t breathe once again.

Instead of the soft cardigan he had worn this afternoon, now Jin was wearing a black long sleeved t-shirt which clung to his body, perfectly outlining his broad shoulders and slender waist. In combination with his black distressed skinny jeans, pink hair pushed to one side and smudged eyeliner in the corners of his eyes, he was currently the epitome of smoking hot.

It was a look Yoongi wasn’t used to when it came to his roommate and it did things to him.

Suddenly he felt as if it had become incredibly hot even though they were on the terrace and it was in fact chilly.

“ When did you get here?” the sound of Jin’s voice and his questioning look made Yoongi snap out of his trance as he cleared his throat and said, “ About 15 minutes ago. What are you doing here all alone?”

The elder sighed and said, “ It’s just too wild in there for my taste. I arrived among the first ones and actually got a decent tour of the apartment, before it got swamped with all sorts of people. I had no idea Hoseok and Taehyung knew so many…”

Yoongi watched as Jin searched his brain for an appropriate word and settled on a “ colourful characters.”

Yoongi chuckled at the elder’s choice of words.

“ Colourful is too generous of a term for some of those people.” Yoongi added and when Jin giggled, Yoongi couldn’t help, but grin widely at his roommate.

(︺︹︺)

“ Their view is so much better than ours.”

“ We have a terrace?”

“ You…” Jin gaped at him, before bursting into loud laughter, “ Seriously, you are one of a kind ahahahha! God of course we have a terrace! What did you think that door next to the curtain in the living room was? A portal to Narnia?!”

“ Oh…So that’s what it was for…I just thought it was some artistic attempt of the interior designer.” Yoongi said with a sheepish expression, and added in a superior voice, “ And a portal to Narnia was a wardrobe and not a door. Seriously.” causing Jin’s body to tremble from how hard he was laughing now.

Once he had calmed down a bit, wiping the tears from the corners of his eyes, he looked at Yoongi and said, “ You know, for someone who claims to be a genius, you sure are stupid sometimes.”

“ Hey!!!” Yoongi exclaimed in an offended tone of voice.

“ For your information, I am a genius in things that matter!” he added smugly, but Jin obviously wasn’t taking him seriously since he was grinning at him.

“ Sure, sure.” Jin said in a teasing voice and Yoongi huffed in annoyance, muttering, “ You’ll see when I am rich and famous and then you are going to regret for not believing me.”

“ Awww, don’t sulk. I am sure I will eat my words.” Jin cooed and it was hard for Yoongi to stay mad at him, although he wasn’t really mad in the first place at the elder’s teasing.

He just stuck his tongue out at his roommate who chuckled earnestly.

Yoongi felt so at ease, talking and kidding with Jin like this and he realized that he actually missed his roommate and their interactions.

They had been at the terrace for about half an hour already and he had no desire to come back inside the apartment.

However, his body disagreed when a breeze blew and his whole body shuddered visibly.

That elicited a worried, “ Hey, are you cold? Why didn’t you say so?” from his roommate who was standing next to him.

“ Nah, it’s nothing I can’t handle. Besides, I’d rather be cold then go back in there.” Yoongi stated off-handedly, although it was really getting freezing.

But, he kind of didn’t want to ruin this moment between him and Jin, so he preferred to stay here and joke around with his roommate, or just talk, even though it might earn him a cold the next day.

But, his roommate seemed to be intent on not letting that happen.

He was startled as soon as an arm was thrown over his shoulders and when he looked next to him, he saw Jin staring at him with a small smile as he said in a determined voice,“ Nonsense. I won’t let you freeze.”

Yoongi just stared at the elder without uttering a word of response, too busy trying to force his fast beating heart to go back to its original rhythm.

But then, Jin just had to go and drag his hand up and down his arm to warm him up, and he just had to smell so ing good and be so ing close with his stupid body radiating heat and making Yoongi’s heart beat like crazy.

Yoongi chose to stare straight ahead, drinking in that beautiful view that Jin praised a few moments ago in order to forget about the tingles currently running through his body.

But then another gust of cold wind slammed into his body and he shivered violently causing Jin to pull him into his embrace.

Yoongi widened his eyes as his nose was now buried in Jin’s shoulder while the elder now rubbed his back with both of his hands over the thin fabric of his white T-Shirt.

Yoongi tried so hard not to shudder whenever he felt Jin’s hands tracing patterns across his back and it was so hard not to bury his nose completely into Jin’s shoulder and just inhale the scent of his deodorant mixed with that fabric softener which Jin used to wash his clothes and which smelled so ing amazing.

He could feel his cheeks getting warmer, but then Jin just had to whisper in his ear, making him almost whimper when he felt Jin’s breath on the shell of his ear.

“ Ah, this brings back memories. Although the bed in Jackson’s cottage that we shared was much more comfortable, but still, this isn’t bad either.”

At that, Yoongi’s whole body went rigid.

Namjoon’s words about how Jin looked at him, and now this comment from the elder just made his mind a chaotic place of various thoughts.

And he wasn’t sure that he could deal with it.

So, he reluctantly pulled away, immediately lamenting the loss of warmth when he wasn’t anymore in Jin’s embrace.

He saw Jin’s questioning look, but before his roommate could say something to make his mind even more of a mess than it was at that moment, he just said curtly, “ I need a drink.”

And just like that he got inside of the stuffy apartment, barely able to breathe with what had just happened and due to the lack of air in the crowded room.

But, he made his way to the kitchen, grabbed a few beers and headed out of the apartment.

And then he continued walking.

He needed to leave.

He couldn’t be anywhere near his roommate.

He couldn’t go through all of it again.

So he opened a can of beer and kept on walking.

(︺︹︺)

Yoongi had no idea how long he had been sitting on the sofa in their apartment.

All he knew was that it was still late, since it was still dark outside.

He had just finished the last can of beer that he brought with him from Hoseok’s and Tae’s party and now he was feeling pleasantly buzzed.

He wasn’t drunk since he had good alcohol tolerance, but he was slightly tipsy.

That’s why he didn’t even hear when his roommate got back and closed the door behind him.

He didn’t even hear his steps until Jin was standing in front of him with an expression which was mix of anger, worry and something else.

He looked up and said with a small smile, “ Oh, hey.”

However, Jin didn’t seem amused by his greeting, crossing his arm over his chest and saying in a strained voice, “ That’s all you have to say? What the hell, Yoongi? You can’t just disappear on me like that and leave without a word. Do you know how worried I was??!”

Yoongi stared at his roommate who was looking at him sternly, but mostly he seemed worried and relieved.

Yoongi was always blunt, and many have said that that was one of his best and worst traits.

This time it was probably when it was a bad trait as he responded, “ I didn’t know that I had to inform you about everything I do.” and immediately regretted it when he saw the shock and hurt in Jin’s large orbs.

“ No…Of course you don’t. How stupid of me to be so worried about you when clearly you don’t even consider me important enough to at least let me know if you have arrived home alive, or not.” Jin said in a tight voice and he sounded so sad that Yoongi felt an unfamiliar aching in his chest.

“ Sorry. I won’t disturb you anymore.” Jin said without looking at him, and Yoongi saw him clenching his fists as he turned around to go to his bedroom.

And despite the slight cloud in his mind caused by so many beers he had drank, Yoongi knew that if he lets Jin walk away from him thinking that Yoongi didn’t care about him that that would be something which would cause a crack in their relationship.

And Yoongi couldn’t allow that.

So without much thinking, he got up and grabbed Jin’s wrist, saying hurriedly, “ Jin, wait!”

However, he used a bit too much force when he got up and pulled Jin’s wrist that they both stumbled and fell on the sofa.

“Ugh.” Yoongi grunted when his back hit the sofa and when he felt a weight on top of him.

As soon as he opened his eyes he was met with Jin’s wide eyes, staring at him in wonder and shock.

It was then that Yoongi realized how close they were with Jin lying on top of him, his hands sprawled on Yoongi’s chest as if leaving burning marks through the fabric of his T-Shirt.

He could feel Jin’s breath, concluding that the elder was completely sober since his breath smelled of blueberry juice.

How cute.

What was even cuter was the way Jin’s ears were turning pink as he stared at Yoongi shyly.

And in a moment of insanity, or maybe complete sanity, Yoongi embraced his feelings for a moment and whispered, “ You are wrong. You are important to me.”

And before Jin could respond, Yoongi placed his hand at the back of Jin’s neck and pulled him closer.

When his lips ghosted over Jin’s, he heard the gasp that left the elder’s mouth, but he paid no attention to it as he finally connected their lips.

It was amazing how Jin immediately melted into him, parting his lips so easily and allowing Yoongi to nibble at his bottom lip, eliciting a soft gasp from the pink-haired male.

How could he ever think that he wasn’t attracted to his roommate, or even worse-not to notice how cute his roommate was, Yoongi wondered as he moved his lips against Jin’s equally eager ones, enjoying the sweet little whimpers leaving the elder’s mouth when Yoongi used his other hand to slip it underneath Jin’s shirt and to lightly scratch the skin on his back with his nails.

After a slightly louder whimper which left Jin’s mouth, Yoongi used that chance to deepen the kiss.

He could barely contain himself from bucking his hips when he inserted his tongue in Jin’s warm mouth, the sensitive spots in Jin’s mouth and causing the elder to tremble in his arms while .

Yoongi would rather not say in which part of his body those sounds went to, but instead he moved his hand from the back of Jin’s neck to his silky locks, carding his fingers through it while Jin clutched desperately to the front of his shirt.

He pulled Jin’s hair slightly to reveal his neck and get better access as he moved down from Jin’s lips to a particularly dark hickey on Jin’s neck.

“ AH!”

Jin moaned loudly as Yoongi abused that spot on his neck by on it harshly and then soothing the pain with his tongue.

After peppering the skin around the purple spot with butterfly kisses, he started trailing them up his neck, then along his jawline, before joining their lips together in a long kiss once again.

He was so high on the feeling of Jin’s warm body pressed against his own, of Jin’s needy little whimpers, his dizzying scent and his addictive taste that he couldn’t think straight, just led by lust in that moment.

But when Jin broke the kiss to get some air, Yoongi opened his eyes and his breath hitched at the way Jin was staring at him.

His pink strands were now falling into his eyes while his lips were swollen and littered in Yoongi’s bite marks.

But, the way Jin was looking at him, so gently and so full of affection was what made Yoongi’s guts twist unpleasantly.

“ Yoongi, I…” Jin started in a breathless voice and Yoongi couldn’t bear to hear the words that would leave the elder’s mouth next.

Because he knew that if Jin finished that sentence then he wouldn’t be able to resist him.

Not now when he finally realized and admitted to himself that yes-he was indeed an idiot who let himself fall for his roommate again.

But, he wasn’t again going to be an idiot who is going to have his heart broken.

He swore to himself that after Jimin, he was never going to let his defences down.

And now this man, managed to almost break them all down so easily.

Now, when he was thinking more rationally, he was able to regain his senses and he knew that he needed to prevent his walls that he had so carefully built from being broken.

So, he gently pushed Jin away.

It hurt to see how Jin looked at him with those doe-eyes, but it would hurt even more if he let this continue.

So, he lied.

“ I am sorry. This shouldn’t have happened. I had too much to drink and I just forced myself on you. Please, can we just forget about this? I don’t want us to ruin our roommate relationship.”

Yoongi had pleaded earnestly and he saw the struggle in Jin’s eyes.

It was painful to watch all the emotions that flickered in the elder’s eyes.

Confusion, sadness, along with pain.

But also, there was realization of something.

Yoongi desperately hoped that Jin would just humour his request, because if he didn’t then Yoongi knew he wouldn’t have enough willpower to resist his beautiful roommate.

However, his judgment of Jin’s character proved to be accurate as the elder sighed in defeat and weakly said, “ Sure. If that’s what you want.”

It was a statement, but also a question.

Jin needed confirmation and with heavy heart Yoongi swallowed hard and gave him one as he said, “ It is.”

Jin looked at him with eyes filled with sorrow and with a sad smile he said, “ Okay, then. It’s forgotten, Yoongi. I hope you are happy.” and retreated to his room.

When the door to Jin’s bedroom closed with a soft click and Yoongi was left sitting on the sofa in an empty room with an even emptier feeling in his chest he knew that he wasn’t happy.