Final

What is that noise!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chanyeol considered himself as a calm person. He was never angry or annoyed. But there are limits to everything... He loved his job. It was creative, interesting and ...well noisy. But that’s what you get when you work as a musical director in a theatre.

Although Chanyeol loved his job, he truly treasured those few hours at home which he can spend reading a book in total silence.

Unfortunately everything changed two weeks ago. Everyday at exactly 9 pm, just when Chanyeol settles on a sofa with a hot cup of tea in one hand and a book in other, the tapping begins.

It was only tapping at first then scratching, cutting and whispering have contributed. Chanyeol tried to ignore it, he even tried using ear plugs and  earmuffs but nothing helped. It was so irritating.

 

WHAT IS THAT NOISE!?

 

On the other side of the wall, Baekhyun was startled hearing his neighbour shouting. One of the main reason he moved here was a quiet neighbourhood, with quiet neighbours. Thus he really did not expect to hear someone shouting at 9 o'clock in the evening.

Groaning Baekhyun put down the wooden brush he was holding "Now I need to start again".

He quickly adjusted the camera and microphone, looked through his script and whispered “Hi....this is Hyunie’s A...S...M...R… “

“Today I’m back with a trigger video to help you sleep”  he says, smiling innocently to the camera.

“ To start off we’re gonna do some tapping…I really love how tapping sounds” Baekhyun takes the wooden brush and starts tapping on it’s handle.

An hour has passed and there’s only one trigger left, the scissors.

“For our last trigger, I want you to sit back and relax” he carefully takes scissors from the box in front of him, smiles and starts cutting the air around the camera, imitating what you’d experience at the hairdressers.

 

 

 

A sigh leaves Chanyeol’s mouth as he re-reads the same page again.

*snip, snip, snip*

The noise again. Chanyeol can’t take it anymore. He takes off his earmuffs and runs straight through the exit.

He starts banging on the door,  thinking about all the things he’s going to yell at his neighbour. Then suddenly the door opens and presents him with a sight of a very confused, cute, puppy like boy holding scissors in his hands.

“How can I help you?” the puppy says, pointing scissor at the intruder.

Chanyeol’s mind goes blank. All he can think about it the boy in front of him and how cute he looks with his eyes squinting at him.

“ Aam..um…I’m Cha..Chanyeol. Your neighbour”  great, Chanyeol thinks, I just had to stammer.

“ Ok, I’m Baekhyun and I have a door bell you know” Baekhyun said demonstrating his Pokémon theme song door bell.

“ Umm right…anyway I came here to ask you to keep the noise down, it’s unbearably irritating” Chanyeol said while nervously tapping his foot.

“ Did you just called my work irritating!? For your information ‘the noise’ you’re referring to is called ASMR and 1,2 million of my subscribers would love to trade places with you “ said Baekhyun while pouting.

Before Chanyeol got a chance to reply, he was dragged into his neighbors flat and seated on a sofa.

 

 

 

He looked around, to his left there was a shelf full of strange, random things: jars wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter