Chapter 5

Wake me up [Daejae]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Youngjae didn't know what to do. The nightmares came back a while ago and so did the flashbacks.
He’d jolt up in the night, body drenched in sweat, tears streaming down his face.
The room became so huge, since the other wasn't in the bed beside him. After some weeks he found himself curling up in Daehyun’s bed more often until he practically only slept in that one.
9 months ago it had happened. The day that changed his life.
Emptiness, alongside sadness and forlornness, was the feeling which was daily present.

He stood up and searched in the dark for the light switch. Once he found it, he turned it on and walked over to his desk with all important things on it. He let himself fall in the comfortable seat of his gaming chair. To be honest he never was a big gamer. It was enough for him to play once in a while. Playing games or just surfing in the internet calmed him down. As soon as he had his laptop, he was in his own world, forgetting reality. In the world of gaming no one knows him and is after him. He can chat in all serenity with strangers about the game.

Youngjae put on his headset and connected to the server. In the game he was the leader and fought with his guild against others.

The others didn't know that Youngjae can speak fluent english; well, except Daehyun, who would often sit beside him and watch the battle or observe Youngjae. Little did the younger know that when the two were on their laptops at the same time, Daehyun wasn't really paying attention to his screen anymore. It became a habit to Daehyun to just listen to the brunette beside him speaking english while he faked being busy. He loved the sound of Youngjae's voice.
Sometimes he’d sneak a peek to the side to observe Youngjae's face. Youngjae never noticed, because he was too deep in the game and only concentrated on that. At some point he decided to download the game and create an account to play along with Youngjae.
Of course there was no way Youngjae could know about it. He mustn't know that Daehyun played with him.
Always, when Daehyun noticed how the other prepared for the game (putting the headset in, turning on the laptop) he quickly made his way with a little “see you later” out, his own laptop clutched tightly in his hands and rushing to Yongguk’s room. Youngjae barely entered the leaders room, so it was the perfect place to play.


Youngjae opened the game and completed some quests first, then he started to level up his monsters. He really tried to concentrate on the game, but something just bothered him in the back of his mind.

What was bothering him that he couldn't play properly?

“Hmm… maybe I should visit Daehyun again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter