Heart's Racing

Up All Night

Baekhyun was incredulous. He has never seen their principal in such an unruly state, in contrast to her usually strict and composed appearance.

Just as he was going to tell Jongin about what he saw, his eyes were drawn to the stage. And boy, did he realize how wrong he was about questioning his principal's actions. Their principal had every right to act that way.

Chanyeol was breathtaking.

He looked like a completely different person, and the fact that he was staring at Baekhyun wasn't helping him smother his emotions.

"Hello everyone. Today I'll be performing a shorter rendition of "That XX" by G-Dragon." Chanyeol said, his deep voice resounding through the room. Soft cheers were heard thereafter. 

 

"I was walking down the street when I saw your man.

I saw that my predictions were right.

He took off the ring you gave him, 

and linked his arm around someone,

I'll just leave it at that.

 

But you actually get mad at me,

saying that there's no way he'd do that.

I noticed you were upset so I said I must

have seen someone else.

Yes, I'll lie for you.

 

Oh, I hate you for not knowing me,

I hate this waiting,

please let go of his hand now.

When you are sad, I feel like I could die, baby."

 

Chanyeol delivered well, playing the guitar with finesse and managing to capture the hearts of everyone in the room. The song had an upbeat tune which opposed its lyrics. 

 

"What does that bastard have that I don't,

exactly why can't I have you?

That bastard doesn't love you,

until when are you going to cry

like a fool?

 

You look happy when you talk

about him.

You look good since you are laughing

like this.

 

You say that you really love him,

that it's going to last forever.

You believe in this and

 I don't know what to say no more.

 

All of your friends know him well.

Why are you the only one who can't see

what everyone else sees?

 

They say love is blind, oh baby, you so blind.

I really hope you will break up.

 

Oh, I hate you for not knowing me,

I hate this waiting,

please let go of his hand now.

When you are sad, I feel like I could die, baby.

 

What does that bastard have that I don't,

exactly why can't I have you?

That bastard doesn't love you,

until when are you going to cry

like a fool?"

 

The performance ceased with the final strum of Chanyeol's guitar. The song was bittersweet. Chanyeol's voice complemented the song so well, and he sang as if he shared sentiments with the song's composer. 

Baekhyun felt his heart beating at breakneck speed. Was he imagining things or was Chanyeol looking at him the whole time? I mean, he did look away and glance around from time to time.

Baekhyun was thankful no one seemed to notice, too engrossed in Chanyeol's performance to care about where he was looking.

However, Jongin wasn't one of those people.

"What the hell was that?!" He shrieked in a hushed tone. 

"W-what was what? What are you talking ab--" 

"Byun Baekhyun, you have a ton of explaining to do." Jongin said as he dragged Baekhyun out of the room.


 

"Hey! Where are we going?" Baekhyun said, Jongin taking a halt thereafter.

"We are not going anywhere until you tell me about what just happened." It didn't take a genius to figure out what Jongin was talking about. 

"I don't know either!"

"I swear, if there are things you haven't been telling me, I'm going to behead you."

"You don't need to resort to violent options, I'm legitimately clueless as to why that happened."

With a few seconds of pondering, Jongin replied.

"Okay. I'm letting that pass as long as you treat me with some samgyeopsal, is it a deal?"

"Fine." Baekhyun said as they exited the building.