Chapter 4

Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

           By six pm Alana and Billie arrived at the shop and her worker's Max the shop's manager -who was also one of Alana's best friends and Adrian the lead barista looked tired but happy.  Since it was nearing the holidays they shop was becoming busier every day. Max was the first one to call out to Alana "We Got the tree up and it's not that crooked! We were able to set it up right as the delivery man came and it's watered." Adrien then Shouted in shock as Alana took off her wrap that was covering her head." You cut your hair! It looks fantastic! I was wondering when you were going to cut it."  

            Alana laughed and looked at the tree as she removed her coat. The tree did lean marginally to the left but she decided that it was perfect. Alana then asked Billie if she would go the attic to go get down the boxes of decorations for the tree. Adrian piped up and said, "Oh we already got the boxes down for you. We were a bit slow for about twenty minutes so we both ran and decided to make your life easier."

              Billie smiled and was happy not to have to climb the ladder in her ballet pink dress shoes. She was dressed in a ballet light pink T-Shirt dress that had a thin brown belt with dark brown legging underneath, her hair was braided to the side and she had a dark brown satin ribbon tied as a headband with a tiny bow.  Alana smiled as she plugged in her iPod and began to have Christmas music play throughout the shop. Then she and her employees and Billie began to push tables together and place deep brown tablecloth over them. Billie began to place ceramic trays on the table and Alana began to place large wide glass vases on the table and place white candles of different sizes and heights within them. Billie then went and pulled the four white flower arrangements out of the fridge that had been delivered earlier that day and handed them to her mom and then began to put the chairs around the outside of the room with Max's help. Then they began to reposition the couches so that they were facing the decorated tables.

            During this time her workers began to set up tiny tasting cups and plates and napkins. Then they began to brew three new pots of the new coffee blends and pour fresh pitchers of cream and two new bowls of sugar. Alana began to steep five pots of the new flavors of loose-leaf teas after the tea was properly steeped. She then took them over to the table and placed tea cozies on them and over warmers and set out small white Japanese teacups. Max and Billie set out trays of cucumber sandwiches, tea sandwiches, a cheese tray with crackers, veggie trays and sugar cookies. The workers would make up the new secret drink specials when the guests arrived.  Soon they were done and all that was left was for Adrian and Max to change clothes and Alana to light the candles.

               Billie sat down on the couch and watched as Alana took off her soft loosely wrapped white shimmering sweater to begin lighting the candles. Alana was dressed in a deep forest green chiffon flowy blouse with a v crossed neckline the sheer sleeves that were a cross between kimono sleeve and bat wing.  She also wore a black pencil skirt that came down to her knees. She also had on a pair of sheer black tights and a pair of satin black high heels with a thick heel and a rounded toe. She wore two pairs of simple Silver pendant earrings in her double pierced ears. She also wore a few layers of silver necklaces that began with a small delicate cross necklace and each one was gradually longer till they ended with a deep pendant necklace that rested between her s.  Her makeup was simple yet made for a party with, deep plum and black eyeshadow with a touch of gold glitter with her signature black cat eye makeup. With a peachy/ pink lipstick that had a golden shimmer to it. and a bit of golden bronzer over her foundation. Her two employees emerged looking dapper and cute in a cute little black dress and a nice skinny black suit with a crisp white shirt. They all let out a sigh of relief as the other employees walked through the door dressed smartly and made themselves comfortable then they all sat and chatted while waiting for guests to arrive.

              Thirty minutes later the place was hopping. Friends and regulars were all around the shop and other merchants sipping and nibbling and chatting. The children were untangling Christmas lights and Billie was now being wrapped in the untangled lights she looked like a Pink Christmas tree as she laughed and bantered with her friends. A few minutes later Seung-hyun and his elders walked through the door. They stopped once again to look at their surroundings Max the coffee shop’s manager came up to them and offered to take their coats and scarves. They smiled and let him take them as the unwound from their scarves and jackets it was more and more apparent how good looking the five raven-haired men were.

Seungri who is the youngest was dressed in a pair of fitted dark jeans a black v neck shirt and a silver suit jacket that had a touch of shimmer to it with simple silver dollar sized pin on the lapel with black patent leather shoes. Daesung wore a dark navy blue suit with a black dress shirt buttoned almost to the top button he also had the same silver pin on his lapel and matching blue shoes. Young-bea was dressed in a pair of nice black dress pants and a fitted crisp thick white dress shirt that he had rolled the sleeves up to his elbows. He wore thin double black suspenders and attached to the suspenders was the same silver pin and black doc martin shoes. Ji-Yong had on a perfectly tailored skinny black suit with a wine red dress shirt and a thin black tie with sparkly black dress shoes and of course the same silver pin on his lapel.  Lastly Seung-hyun had on a fitted black suit with a light cherry blush pink dress shirt ed to the third button, his shoes were a deep nearly black red tone he had the same curricular pin pinned to his lapel except his was encrusted with diamonds around the rim and twice the size of the others pins.

              The talking ceased for a moment all eyes on them, then as if nothing happened everyone began to mingle again. The Head Alpha nodded to his friends and the men immediately began to disperse around the room. Seung- hyun immediately smelled his mate again, but he could not place where she was in the room at first glance. Then before he could catch his breath to begin to think about scenting out his daughter a strong scent caught his attention. He knew it immediately the scent had to be his daughter.

          His wolf zeroed in on her scent. She smelled of blackberries and vanilla with a hint of hazelnut. He began to slowly walk around the cafe to first find his daughter, then he would find his mate.  His wolf tore within him to be allowed free to find their club.  He tried to calm his wolf as his eyes began to scan every person in the room until he saw the group of children decorating the tree. He first heard a young girl's laughter then saw her long raven black hair. She looked like an angel in his eyes it was all he could do to not run up to her and tightly hug her and keep her close to him.  Ji-Yong came beside him and said it's her, isn't it?  She looks like you. He could only nod, his eyes not leaving her form for a second.

           Billie suddenly stood perfectly still her own instincts awakening. Her eyes glazed over and she suddenly began to scent the air. The scent of the deep forests and vanilla suddenly invaded her senses. Her instincts began to take over and she began to move as though in a trance.  She silently stepped out of the lights wrapped around as though she was just unwrapping from a shawl. Her movements were slow as though she was moving through water as she began to make her way to the scent that called for her.  

Just moments before Alana had been mingling with the guest.  Alana was speaking with one of her employees when she greeted Young-bea and then asked him how he was doing. Then stopped midway through her sentence and said, "Oh I'm sorry pardon my rudeness yesterday and now today, I'm Alana the owner of Secret you and your friends came into the shop yesterday I am so glad you could make it tonight." Young-bea greeted her and said, "My name is Young-bea. This is a great party I have never been to one is so friendly to strangers ."Alana smiled back at him and was about to speak again, then her eyes fell upon the pin on his suspenders it was the exact same crest that had come with her daughter.

                Alana knew the crest on sight the image of it had been seared into her soul the day she saw the crest around Billie's neck the day she first held her in her arms. Panic and fear gripped her. Her smile faded and she excused herself quickly and said to him, "I sorry but I just realized I am needed somewhere else. It was nice to meet you."  Then she went to go find her daughter as calmly as she could as she shook internally and feared for her daughter's safety.

              As Alana discreetly went to go find Billie she passed by Seung-Hyun and Ji-Yong not even noticing their presence.  The head alpha stayed where he was in the room as his daughter came slowly closer and closer to him. He could sense his daughter smelling the air cautiously. Unexpectedly his mate's scent shot by him as a woman with short ivory hair glided past him and directly over to his daughter across the room. As soon as she touched the girl, Billie suddenly woke up her eyes became unclouded and she shook her head as if to clear her mental fog away.

              Young -bea came up to the two other alphas who were standing together now and signaled to them then he pointed inconspicuously at the pair and said telepathically "That is Alana and Eun Yun. Alana is Eun Yun's adopted mother and who is the owner of this shop she was the Barista yesterday who invited us to come tonight. Alana recognized our crest immediately." The head alpha nodded and continued to watch the pair as they made their way toward him unknowingly.

During this time Alana was checking Billie out from head to toe to make sure the girl was fine she then took her under her arm and began to lead her past the group of three men. Right as she and Billie were passing by, Billie suddenly halted. Her father's scent once again overwhelmed her and she slowly turned toward him. Alana looked shocked at her daughter and then followed her movement as Billie slowly positioned herself in front of him. Young- bea and Ji-Yong stepped away from the Head Alpha allowing the three to get acquainted.

Alana whose first eyes landed on his feet slowly made her way up taking every detail of the stranger. Her eyes landed on his diamond-encrusted crest and then made his way up to his face. His face was had full lips and a strong smooth jaw line. He had high cheekbones and large Almond shaped eyes with the same golden brown that Billie shared and thick angled brows. His black hair was cut on the sides and was slicked back in a 50's pom'lar style. She took a  deep breath in and waited for him to speak. The shock of who he may be and recognition that he was that this the tall man was the intoxicating customer whose deep voice sounded like velvet from yesterday.

               He greeted the pair saying "Hello my name is Chio Seung-hyun ".  Alana quietly replied back" It is nice to meet you Mr. Chio". "My name is Alana, and this is my daughter Billie." Alana then gently nudged her daughter to greet the stranger. Her daughter timidly extended her hand to shake and slowly brought her eyes up to meet his. He gently took her hand in his and held it for a moment longer than needed. Emotion welled up in his eyes. He replied, "Billie it is a great honor to meet you." Then he took in a deep breath before asking, "Billie could I please speak to your mother in private?

               He panicked internally as his wolf screamed at him to claim his child and mate. For a moment he froze wondering if he should reveal himself this soon; but then he knew he had been absent daughter's life far too long. The sense of urgency overtook him once again and reassurance flooded his mind and his sense at coming clean to who he was to Alana.  Knowing he would be giving away his identity in moments hinged on Alana letting him speak to her.  He listened to his instinct and knew in this moment it was now the time to reveal who he was to Alana.

               Billie nodded and simply took a step back and then went back towards her friends to finish decorating the tree in front of the shop's window. He then asked Alana, "Would you be willing to step outside with me?" Alana nodded and then turned and walked to a nearby couch and grabbed her white knitted sweater wrap, and wrapped it around herself

              He gently guided her outside of the shop and walked them just a bit past the shop so that Billie could not watch them. As she moved with him she was in awe of his presence She had never been around a man that exuded this kind of power. She now knew that the group of men that she had served yesterday were somehow related to Billie's birthmother and to her daughter's father. Then as they were walking outside the internal realization that her daughter shared this man's eyes, the shape of his lips as well as his high cheekbones.  Then she thought of how showy his pin on his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter