Prologue

Alternative Fault

Buo Xian clenches his shot arm and watches as Chen walks away, following Sehun and the rest of the gang. “How can you just walk away? What happened to you and me? What happened to the people that cared about? What made you turn on me? What happened to you?!”

 

Chen stops and turns around. Buo Xian was met with an evil smirk that made him shiver. Buo Xian only saw a stranger. Not the Chen he once knew.

 

Chen scoffs. “I don’t like playing games. All of the stuff I did with you were just to have fun. You don’t know who I really am. What i’m like.You don’t even know what my family does for a livin一”

 

Buo Xian cuts off Chen. “My family does the same you do! Sell illegal drugs, kill, buy illegal things!” Chen just laughs.

“Where i’m from and how I was raised... is completely different from you Baekhyun. Sure we do the same things, but babe i’m cold hearted. You were suppose to die. And right now, you’re wasting my time... so…” Chen says as he lifts his gun.

 

The distance between them was a good distance, but even with a distance that far, they both knew that Chen wouldn’t miss a shot.

 

Buo Xian widens his eyes, “Chen! No! Stop! Don’t do this. Please don’t do this to me. Don’t do this to yourself,” he begged.

 

But no matter how much he begged, Chen would only stare lifelessly and scoff. Chen’s only reason for not shooting Buo Xian was to hear his ridiculous cries.

 

Click!

 

Buo Xian heard Chen cocked back the gun and steps back.

 

J-Jongdae…” Buo Xian says as a tear falls.

 

Chen slightly stepped back, wincing and frowning at the shameful, regretful name.

 

And of course, Baekhyun being the observer he is, didn’t miss that.

 

Chen slightly lowered his gun and stared at Buo Xian. “You don’t call me that,” he growled.

 

Baekhyun scoffs and slightly smiles. “Then you don’t call me Baekhyun. If you can’t hold onto something as simple as your name and hold onto your past… than Baekhyun should be a stranger to you just like Jongdae一”

Chen interrupts him by raising his gun again, about to pull the trigger.

 

“Chen. Stop wasting your time. Come here,” Sehun said as he walks towards Chen. He looks down at Chen and tilts his head. He gently smiles as he lowers Chen’s gun.

 

“Let him suffer.”

 

Chen nods as he looks up at the taller.

 

Sehun keeps the smile on his face and grimaces at Buo Xian, then puts his arm around Chen as he turns and walks Chen into the direction where the rest of the gang were going.


 

Buo Xian slowly sits down on the ground and leans on a piece of scrap metal. He takes out his phone and tries to look for a certain person to call.

 

Buo Xian slightly smiles as he dials the number.

 

“...H-hyung... Th-the abandoned building… Help me…”


Buo Xian lowers his phone and lets it drop out of his hand. He closes his eyes and waits for him to come.