Protect You

Protect You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He tapped his foot again and looked at his watch. He actually lost count at how many times he did this. All he wanted was to get home as soon as possible.

He and his group just came from the first stop of their world tour. He couldn’t imagine how anything unexpected like this to happen while he was away.

Good thing he learned about the news after the concert or he would’ve been too distracted to perform.

He heaved a deep sigh and looked at his watch again. He felt a pat on his shoulder so he looked to the side to see who it was.

He saw a sincere smile from the youngest of their group, trying to cheer him up.  He returned a smile. Of course, he should be strong! I’ll be there soon! He whispered as he watched the clouds by the plane window.

 

 

 

It was almost midnight when they set foot on their motherland. He breathed deeply, the smell was always comforting. This was how he identified his home from all the other countries he’d been to.

“Hyung, I’ll leave first,” he asked permission from his manager.

“Arayo, I’ll take you there,” the manager told him, he nodded.

“Hyung, I’ll go with you,” the youngest told him, he nodded again.

He couldn’t slow down the unending thumps of his heart. He was beyond nervous, more of it came from the worry he was feeling.

As soon as they reached the place he had been wanting to go to, he immediately got off their van, “kamsahamnida hyung,” he thanked his manager while running off.

He pressed the doorbell, once, twice. He was in a sweater, with a beanie and a facemask. He knew no one would recognize him. He looked around, no one was outide the unit.

“Why didn’t you wait for me?” their youngest complained.

He just pushed back his specs, getting impatient. Aren’t they here? He pressed the doorbell again.

He sighed as he heard the door open. The tall, pretty youngest member opened for them.

“How’s she?” he asked, concern all over his voice. The girl just shook her head, loneliness all over her face.

The girl opened the door widely for them. He immediately got inside. He took his shoes off and was ready to greet the people living here.

No one was in the living room. It was unusually quiet, this got him more worried. He would usually visit here from time to time and it would always be cheerful but today wasn’t one of those days.

He then decided to go to her room. He knocked, someone had opened for him. It was one of her roommates.

He bowed to greet and so did her roommate. He raised his brows, asking how she was. Her roommate just gave a sad, lopsided smile. She pointed to her and signaled him to go in.

He got in and all the other members were just inside. Seeing him, they then went out of the room quietly.

What he was seeing broke his heart. This was one state he never pictured out to see her in.

She was lying on her bed, head on the headrest, facing the wall. He slowly sat at the foot of her bed but she didn’t seem to feel his presence. He could see that she was awake.

“You girls can leave me, I’m fine,” she stated, voice cracking, probably thinking her members were still in the room. He knew she had been crying.

She turned to the other side, “girls” she started. She stopped from talking, eyes widened as she saw him.

“I’m not dreaming, right?” she asked, her tears were starting to fall. He shook his head to answer her question.

Right at that moment, he pulled her for a hug. It felt like a year since he last saw her when in fact it hasn’t been a week yet.

“It’s not true,” she stated in between sobs. He knew she was trying to clarify the rumors to him.

“Ssshhh, I know,” he tried to calm her down.

She just kept on crying in his arms. He knew that she had been hiding her emotions and trying to be strong until she finally broke down.

After almost half an hour, she has quieted down. He could hear her uneven breathing, tired of all the crying.

He slowly laid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter