[B] Pick Your Poison

엄지 척! Fic Recommendations

— –  -  – 

Pick Your Poison
by: -roselynn-

Genres: adventure, angst, fantasy, romance, pirateau
Number of Chapters: 19
Status: ongoing
Rating: 5 out of 5

 

Summary:

She might as well have been a bird with broken wings. To Cirrus, "Princess" was merely a title ed upon her. Living in the shadows of her brother, she would never have the crown but is expected to suffer like someone who will all the same.

Females in the royal family are educated to be literate in Coelum, a dead language used solely for the purpose of reading ancient scriptures that describe heaven's secrets. When a mysterious map, written in a language no one understands falls into the hands of a band of pirates, the world is sent into ablaze by the pirates' fiery determination to claim the treasure.

Cirrus is abducted by Captain Baekhyun of the notorious Lux Pirates and the devilish captain has no intentions of letting her escape from him. Now a prisoner, it seems as if Cirrus's already small cage has become even smaller. She has everything he needs in order to find the lost treasure and become King of Pirates. He has nothing to offer in return, save for a glimpse at what life is like through his eyes.

But then again, pirates don't exchange; they steal.

Notes from icannotwifdis:

There we go, this is the fic that made me want to start a fic rec, because this fic is so underrated. This is the fic I have read a lot of times. This is the fic that I go back to and read and reread again. I even wanted to put a hundred thumbs up on the ratings tbh but-

There's a lot of things to learn in this fanfic. Everything in this fic is really beautiful,  the way the author wrote descriptions of each character, their background, the interaction between characters, the character development. The characters are lovable too! Everything about this fanfic is good! Like really! And it makes you solve riddles too, ISTG, April is very very smart girl! And psst, she loves puns!

PYP has slow updates though, but I assure you guys that evey chapter updates are really worth the wait!

 

— –  -  –