Jealousy

Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kwangmin's... pretty pissed, isn't he?" Boyfriend's maknae commented as he observed the blond-haired male who was typing on his phone.

All the members noticed that their group's resident prankster has been in a bad moon since he entered the practice room without Youngmin with him. While Youngmin has always been sensitive and threw temper tantrums here and there, Kwangmin's rarely angry as he's always had a cheerful disposition despite being the quieter of the twins.

It took a lot to actually make Kwangmin mad, but when he does, it was like being at the eye of a harsh storm. All tense silence and curt answers, the exact opposite of his playful 4D personality.

Throughout the five years they'll all been together, Kwangmin's only gotten mad a handful of times and it usually was for Youngmin's sake that he's gotten angry. It's always been their golden rule about the twins, "Bother Kwangmin all you want, just not Youngmin when he's got stuff to do. Or else, you'll have to answer to Kwangmin."

"I'll go talk to him." Donghyun said, taking the role of the group's hyung and leader.

Donghyun approached Kwangmin and sat next to him by the wall. He looked at the younger male who seemed intent on breaking his phone with how he was tapping the screen.

"What's up, Kwangminnie? You don't seem too energetic today."

"Sorry, Hyung. Just got things on my mind."

"You know that you don't have to bottle it all up. I may not be Youngmin who knows what's going on your mind but I'm here to be your support. I'm all ears if you ever want to vent out."

Donghyun leaned back against the wall and waited until Kwangmin released a deep sigh and hugged his knees to his chest, letting go of his phone in favor of curling up on himself.

"I... Is it normal if... nevermind." The younger male buried his face in his arms and gripped his knees tight enough to make his knuckles turn white.

"Let out your worries, Kwangmin. It'll help a lot."

A moment of silence passed before Kwangmin mumbled.

"... I think there's something wrong with me, Hyung."

"Why do you think that?"

"It's because of Youngmin."

'When was it not about Youngmin, Kwangmin?' The leader thought as he nodded.

"You can tell me anything you want or what you want."

"Earlier, some Hyung and Noona from the staff were too close to Youngmin. They were patting him and flirting with him and although I noticed that Youngmin felt a bit awkward, he just went along with it because it might seem rude if he suddenly left.

Even though I knew Hyung was being considerate, I... whenever I see Youngmin being too close with someone else be it male or female, I... I feel horrible like my chest's so tight that it's gonna burst... like my whole body suddenly went cold and numb..."

Kwangmin heaved a deep breath and continued speaking in a defeated tone of voice.

"I thought everything would go back to normal if I distance myself from Youngmin but all that gave me was pain. Since we were almost always together and were used to being with each other, it was so painful when we don't talk and do things separately... Sure, we're comfortable with silence but there were times that I wanted to cry but I kept on feeling weird around him..."

"By weird you mean?"

"My heart beats too much and too fast. I feel warm whenever he pays attention to me. I couldn't bring
myself to act like nothing happens whenever we're together..."

The younger male's voice broke and Donghyun thought he may be crying but Kwangmin continued.

"I don't know why I feel like this, Donghyun-hyung. It was never this bad when we were younger... On top
of feeling weird, I'm also bothered whenever he gets too close to anyone..."

'Oh, could he be...'

"I think I know what's going on but I'll need you to answer something for me to confirm what I have in
mind, okay?" Donghyun said and received a small nod.

"When I tried to kiss Youngmin back then for W- Academy, how did you feel? Tell me what you honestly felt that time."

At the mention of the event, Kwangmin stiffened before burrowing his face deeper in his arms and curling into a smaller ball into himself.

"I had a brief though of punching you... but I couldn't do it. I-I wasn't able to stomach watching you attempt to kiss Youngmin."

'Aish, I would've gotten a huge bruise had he punched me that time.' The olrder male thought with a short chuckle.

"Okay, that does confirm the conclusion I had. Kwangmin, you love Youngmin, that's why you feel those emotions around him and about him."

"Of course I love Youngmin. He's my hyung." Kwangmin lifted his head and Donghyun saw the beginning of tears in his eyes. The tears prompted the older male to wipe them but more tears just followed.

"Silly, I meant that you're in love with him."

"What are you saying, Hyung? We're twins! How can I..."

"It's not as weird as you think, you know. You love Youngmin as both your older twin and as someone who can be your very own boyfriend. You wouldn't have thought of punching me otherwise. Also, the reason why you feel bothered and unsettled when you see him too close to other people is because you feel jealous.

It's not just because you feel like they're taking your brother away from you but also because it's Youngmin himself that you feel like is being taken away from you. Think of it this way, though I know it's not much of a comparison. You think of me as your hyung too, right?"

"Yeah."

"But you also don't mind me being together with Minwoo, correct?"

"Not one bit."

"Okay, then think of Youngmin having fun with someone else other than you."

"I don't wanna think of that!" came the immediate answer.

"See, my innocent Kwangmin? It's not just the brotherly aspect that you thought of. It's also the companionship of being with him. Your heart beats faster and he makes you feel warm because he makes you happy and you love him. You'll have to talk with Youngmin about it, though. I'm sure he wants you and him to be close again, if not closer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter