1

The Support Group

Haneul was surprised when Minah came over to her and asked her for some help. Minah was usually independent, silent for most part and didn't attract too much attention to herself.

"Uh, Haneul, if you aren't too busy could I please talk to you about my Sociology of Art class?"

Haneul's ears perked up. As a member of the student council it was her duty to help out students in need and since Minah was her friend it was all the more reason to do so. Turning around in her seat she looked at Minah who wrung her hands and bit down on her lip.

"I heard there is a support group for people who feel personally victimised by the Aries on campus."

"Uh," Haneul cleared "I can't confirm nor deny it's existence..."

"And that you're the head of it." Minah finished quickly as Haneul's eyes widened. Had they been caught?!

"Listen, it's Bang Yongguk. He's making my life miserable in that class. It's unfair!"

Haneul paused, she'd heard this before within the group from Wonshik. Yongguk was an incredibly smart and attractive man and was a threat to the other peaceful zodiacs on campus. But, Minah...

"Please." Minah's eyes widened and filled with tears. Haneul sighed, before looking around to see if the coast was clear.

"I understand, Yongguk has caused a lot of trouble with how attractive he is. But you need to understand that you are an Aries..."

She noticed Minah rolling her eyes " I might be born in March, but nothing about me is Aries like."

"But...you're Minseok's sister."

Minah quirked her eyebrow "He took all the cool genes and left me with nothing okay? Please just...consider my proposal." She said before freezing as she felt a hand on her shoulder. Haneul froze too when she spotted Bang Yongguk towering over them.

"Hey, do you want to go work on that paper now?" He asked as Minah weakly nodded and got taken away as Haneul watched, praying for her friend's soul.

"Hey Minah!" She called to the girl walking away with Yongguk "you're in!"


***

"What do you mean Kim Minseok's sister is joining?!" Wonshik, the vice head of the support group groaned "what was her name again?"

"Kim Minah," Haneul replied "she's more Pisces than Aries. Bang Yongguk's latest victim."

Wonshik clicked his tongue in sympathy "my issue is that we have a bunch of members who are in the group because of her brother...isn't that going to be an issue?"

"But she is suffering too Wonshikkie. It would be cruel to turn her away. Plus look at her, she's harmless!" Haneul waved around to no one in particular as Wonshik sighed.

“We’ll ask the members?” Wonshik wondered out loud as the group started filing into the discussion room in the library. When Haneul put forth the question, there was a silence that filled the room.

“Who is Kim Minah again?” Yixing asked as Jongin shrugged, they had joined the support group after repeatedly being exposed to Kim Minseok in all his glory.

“Yeah, never heard of her.” Donghae said as he sat down after a gruelling afternoon with Siwon and Hyukjae, both evil Aries men.

“Isn’t she Kim Minseok’s sister?” Hakyeon asked as Sanghyuk nodded. Hongbin sighed before turning back to Haneul, squinting.

“Isn’t her birthday the same day as Kim Minseok?”

“Oh wait, I remember him saying something like that.” Jongin’s eyes widened as Yixing nodded.

“Are you saying that you want an Aries to join a group where people feel victimized by Aries?!” Hakyeon argued as Donghae nodded furiously.

“Who is Kim Minah again?” Taekwoon’s voice piped up, obviously he wasn’t listening.

“She is a girl who feels victimized by Bang Yongguk. That is all that matters.” Haneul said as Wonshik nodded, noticing a need to save Haneul’s .

“But she’s an Aries.” Taekwoon deadpanned.

“More Pisces than Aries,” Haneul countered “plus she’s as harmless as a fly.” Haneul added, when a knock on the door caused everyone’s attention to turn towards it.

“Hi, sorry I’m late. Yongguk…” Minah waved as an explanation feeling all the eyes in the room on her “Oh, I’m Kim Minah and I feel victimized by Bang Yongguk’s existence.” She said, repeated what she had seen in the movies about Alcoholics Anonymous. Taking the silence in the room as her indication to enter, stepped in, silently shutting the door behind her and setting her tennis racket down before looking up at Haneul “I have tennis practice after this?” she offered as an explanation thinking that people found her attire strange. She shrugged, she was going to stay silent through this meeting anyway.

“She’s on the tennis team?” Donghae mumbled to Hakyeon who shrugged and nodded. Yixing pulled his phone out to type in her name and find her on Facebook.

“Profile looks boring, everything is on private.” He mumbled to Jongin who was peering over into his screen.

Haneul cleared for attention “Okay everyone, let’s begin. Who wants to go first?”

“I will,” Jongin said as he took a deep breath “hey everyone, I’m Kim Jongin and I feel personally victimized by Sehun and Minseok.”

“Hi Jongin.” Everyone chorused as Minah’s eyebrow perked at the sound of her brother’s name. She looked at him intently and Jongin blinked, before sighing.

“Well, Sehun is Sehun. He’s always known he’s attractive. But he’s such a cute goof! He’s doing it on purpose I tell you. And Minseok, and his stupid smile and how helpful he is! I swear he’ll make me gay for him.” Jongin grumbled.

“I agree! This week he was helping out with the dance club and damn it, he had to do a y dance. Freaking Sehun had to join him.” Yixing frowned as Taekwoon cleared his throat.

“Have you seen him play soccer though?” 

There was a gasp in the room as it broke out into discussion about Minseok being out to ruin people’s lives. Minah blinked, baffled.

“Well, he is really passionate about it and he’s been playing since he was teeny.” she mumbled as the group turned to her and she shrugged. “Minseok has always been the good guy. You haven’t seen him being a goofy dummy though.”

“Of course I have! It’s freaking adorable!” Haneul cried out.

“I’ve seen him run around the house in a penguin suit and his underwear on his head, trust me you haven’t.”

“Well Sehun though.” Donghae began.

“Is a long stupid noodle who is scared of the bunsen burner.” Minah deadpanned as everyone gaped at her in horror.

“Really?” Wonshik whispered.

“I needed to do all his tests in the Chemistry lab because he was too scared of a tiny flame.”  she shrugged. Is this what this support group was about? She sighed looking at everyone “I’m sorry to have interrupted. Do go on.”

“Wonshik has been having trouble with Jaehwan.” Haneul said as the whole room sighed.

“Wait, didn’t you have trouble with Jaehwan?” Minah asked as Sanghyuk burst out laughing before turning to Minah.

“Lee Jaehwan is out to kill us all with how bloody cute he is.”

“If he managed to make Taekwoon want to bite him, I think he’s been successful.” Hongbin grumbled.

“That kid has far too much aegyo in him for his own good.” Donghae commented as Jongin and Yixing nodded.

“Your men have very little. But so much charisma.” Haneul nodded as Donghae wailed out.

“Hyukjae and Siwon are so damn unfair. They’re so cool!”

“But isn’t Jaehwan just naturally prone to aegyo? It’s not like he does it on purpose. If he does exaggerate it, it’s to make the people around him happy.” Minah reasoned with what she had seen of Jaehwan “Hyukjae is incredibly logical and stuff, but he’s a goof. You should know that Donghae and you also know what a weirdo Siwon is.” she added before rolling her eyes.

“You know what? I don't understand how anyone in this room feels victimised. Have you guys looked at yourselves?”


There was a silence that filled the room when Minah stood up now choosing to look at everyone. First she looked at Donghae.

“I'm sorry, but you're one of the most loved men on this campus. You're incredibly sweet and extremely good looking. Everybody, and I mean everybody is in love with you. Hyukjae and Siwon think the sun shines out of your .” She said before turning to Yixing.

“You've won awards on how sweet you are. You're the only Chinese student to be called an angel on campus. Have you seen how ridiculously talented you are? You sing, dance, and compose music. You literally have a fan following. What are you even complaining about my brother and noodle?” She groaned before turning to face Jongin.

“You have no idea how y your dances are. After the first dance club performance a large part of the female population wanted to bed you. You're humble, hardworking and passionate. Everyone can see that.” She sighed as Wonshik quivered under her gaze.

“Do you know that people call you a walking god? Of course you don't. You've ruined people's lives and you're complaining about Jaehwan being cute? Seriously?” Minah spun around to Hakyeon.

“You're the most respected senior. You have a beautiful smile. You're so much fun to talk to and you're always ready to take people under your wing. You literally have people in love with you. Jaehwan hero worships you! And you!” She looked at Hongbin.

“You're probably the most aesthetically pleasing human on this campus. And you're logical and funny when you want to be. You have a voice people would kill for and acting chops to match. Seriously, Jaehwan is the least of your problems when you're causing problems yourself.”

Sanghyuk might have been the tallest in the room but at this point he had shrunk into his seat.

“Sanghyuk, you're so damn smart and funny. You're tall and handsome. You're literally the whole package. I can't even count the number of people in our batch want to date you. Stop ruining their lives.”

“Haneul, you're a member of the student council. You're popular, friendly, beautiful and incredibly smart. I'm sure some of the men in this room are attracted to you.” She looked around as Wonshik looked down guiltily. Minah turned to Taekwoon.

“You're the football team captain. You're every girl's living Mr. Darcy. I've seen you on the field and it's damn good. You sing like a dream. You're in the MA program which means you're smart too...” she sighed “I don't understand you guys. You guys ruin lives and you're complaining about people who are just being themselves? That makes no sense. You guys are charming and popular and attractive as hell. So just... don't.” she ended as silence filled the room yet again. Minah’s phone flashed and she looked at it as her eyes widened.

“I have to go for practice now. But this was great, I just realized that Yongguk is a wonderful human being but a human being all the same. Maybe someday I will also ruin someone's life being the plain human that I am, but till then thank you guys for this!” she grinned before picking her racket up and heading out of the discussion room.

More silence.

"Well..." Haneul took a deep breath when she noticed something off.

"Donghae why are you staring at the door?"

"Why are you blushing Taekwoon?" Wonshik blinked at his friend. Or rather at the top of his head.

"Uhm," Jongin piped up as the group turned to him "can Yixing and I go now?"

"Are you guys seriously planning on going to the tennis court?" Hongbin blinked at them.

"Just casually walking to the football field." Yixing nodded.

"Which is next to the tennis court?" Hakyeon eyed them. 

"Do you mind if I join?" Donghae asked as Taekwoon looked at the group.

"Football captain will go for football practice?"

Sanghyuk shifted in his seat "well, I have assignments too.. some group stuff...need to form group..."

 

"You're going to ask Minah?" Haneul gaped at him.
 

"She's hardworking...?" He offered as Haneul sighed.

The door flew open as Yongguk stood at the entrance "I'm Bang Yongguk and I feel personally victimized by Kim Minah and Kim Himchan."


The end.

 

 

This was some crack mess.