What's Wrong

What's Wrong

He has been busy all this time. He has been filming, touring with Ikon, promoting and travelling, with not a single day off to spend with his friends. He is very pleased with all his work, he has enjoyed it very much, but he has missed them, too; the way they just play with each other, how natural and real he can be with them, the way it feels like being home.

He has been going and coming so he had has missed a lot of things. He had tried to be with them as much as possible, but it doesn't mean that their relationship hasn't changed. Sure, they still best friends, but it doesn't feel the same. 

Mino understands that after spending most of their hiatus time together, while he was out, their must had been grown up closer. And they must feel award of his full schedule, while they had had little to do, which was unfair; they all deserved it: projects, activities, some perspectives about their future as a band. But he was the chosen one, the only one with a hectic day, every day. 

Of course, his hyungs were happy for him, both Jinwoo and Seunghoon had cheered him, supported him on every new step, on every new project he was involved in. Of course, Seungyoon did the same, he even invited him to shot Flower Crew with him. So they are good, but he still feels unease, different, a little out of place. And Jinwoo isn't making it any better. 

Kim Jinwoo has always been very attentive, paying all his attention to him, been clingy and touchy with him, holding him, laughing with him. It feels just natural, familiar. Jinwoo's smiles make his burdens fly away, his soft eyes looking at him can erase all his stress, leaving just a pleasant feeling inside his heart. He is always looking for that moment, to open the door and let every bad memory outside,  because Jinwoo is greeting him, filling his empty soul with his lovely and warm presence. This is the instant that he is longing for now. 

But instead of a tight hug, he just receives a light hi. He wants to complain, but Jinwoo is practising with Seungyoon, a very lame slow dance, for the life they're going to perform later. Why he has to do it with their leader? Why they have to hold hands and embrace each other that much that seems impossible to say who is who? 

He doesn't understand it, but he lets it go anyway. It's ok, he tells himself while listening to Seunghoon hyung talking about the choreography that they will display later that day. 

He is happy again when Jinwoo smiles at him, his hands touching him for a second before he moves away from him, back to be clingy with Seungyoon who orders him around, making him turns the music down. He shouldn't do that, he is the mathyung, not his servant, but Jinwoo looks happy, because he loves to help others, to please them. It is something he likes about him, but not now. Then they sit and he is on the other extreme, back to his quiet self. He wants to make him laugh, to see his bright smile looking at him, he wants Jinwoo attention, but he is focusing on what Seunghoon is saying, giggling at him and comfortably touching his leg like it's the most common thing to do on a live show with their fans.

Mino tries hard to get his hyung's attention, making random comments and suggestions and he kind of succeed, because Jinwoo sits facing him, full concentrated on what he is talking, laughing sweetly at him. He never has looked better, Mino thinks, all black and soft, with his glasses making him look smart and much more handsome. Jinwoo is such a good-looking boy, he keeps been astonished every time he sees him, he will never get use to it, to that much beautiful and gentleness that is his favorite hyung. But then he makes fun of him, exploding in delight and Mino is embarrassed by Kim Jinwoo and it doesn't feel any right. Why is he doing that to him? They used to be a team... He used to mess about Seunghoon, not about him. 

And after that he says that he had kiss Seungyoon, as it is the most natural thing to say or do. He seems even  proud of that, does he want a kiss so bad? He can kiss him too, if Jinwoo wants. He doesn't mind, he won't laugh like Seungyoon is doing right now. He will preserve that memory forever in his heart, the sweet touch of Jinwoo's lips over him will be his new favorite flavor. What is he thinking? And why is his weird hyung asking him if he has enjoyed the accidental kiss? 

Of course, Jinwoo has to say yes. Of course, he has to do something to change the subject. That's wrong. He is wrong, he is not thinking straight. 

Nothing much happens, Seunghoon dances and they talk about this and that, answering some of their fans questions. And he gets his time to bright, been the best at tennis table, but, again, Jinwoo says something and he is back at making fun of him. It starts to annoy him. It starts to upset him too, not because someone is making some crack about him and his silliness, but because is Jinwoo and he has never done that before. It's more the other way, they messing about their hyung's antics. 

He is so happy when they finish it. The only thing he wants is to go to the dorm and forget about everything. But he feels the need to solve whatever that is not good with Jinwoo because he can't have another day like this, feeling some kind of tension between them. So he asks his hyung about it. 

"Seunghoon hyung, is Jinwoo alright? He seems a little bother lately... "

"He is fine with me" he answers, shrinking his shoulders. 

"So, you didn't notice anything? I think he is upset about me, he barely talked to me... " he keeps going because he is getting pretty concerned. What if he has done something and now Jinwoo hates him? He won't be able to handle that, he would rather die than lose him, as a friend, as a hyung. 

" Oh... I don’t think so. He supported you all this time. He even watched New Journey to the West twice. He keeps talking about you, about how you were doing and how proud he is to have you. But it's been a while, just act like always and he will be back at his own self. He had missed you a lot, give him some time to adjust. Or go and talk to him, if that's that important" he explains. And his words have such an impact on Mino; did Jinwoo support him that much? He feels so touched by that, he wants to cry. 

"Yes, it's very important to me. So, thank you Seunghoon hyung, I'm going to talk to him" and with that, he leaves him. 

He knocks softly and waits. Jinwoo is watching something on his phone - his laptop is enjoying a new life, thanks to its owner - but turn it off when he enters the room. He smiles at him and Mino is lost. How can he talk to him when he is looking so smoothly at him, his eyes gleaming, big and adorable as ever? 

"Mino-ya, can I do something for you?" he asks politely, because that's the way he is, always helpful, always ready for the rest of them; the hardworking fairy boy of Winner. 

"No, hyung, but you can talk to me" he tries to start, sitting on Jinwoo's bed, carefully avoiding to look at him, hands lightly trembling, voice deep and shaking. 

"Are you ok?" the concern in his voice make his heart melt, how can he be that sweet? And how can he steal all his thoughts? His mind is blind, there are nothing inside, just Jinwoo's voice and eyes, his perfect face filling all his brain. And he can't do that, talk to him, because his chest is beating wild, louder than his own voice, screaming the truth that he doesn't know, that he wants Jinwoo all by himself, selfish and greedy, he doesn't care. Not anymore. 

"Why did you kiss Seungyoon-ah?" he doesn't know how he manages to ask that, betrayed by his own mouth. Mino is a mess right now, of nothing and Jinwoo, his mind acting by itself, making its goal to end Mino's life on a miserable way; by making Jinwoo hates him. 

"It was an accident. There is nothing important about it" he dismisses it "Why are you asking that?" he asks, curiously. Mino is curious about it too. 

"I don't want you to kiss him... I don't want you to be kissing anybody. Please, don't do that to me, don't break my heart like that... " Mino pleads, eyes down and a serious tone on his profound voice. 

"What do you mean, Mino-ya?"

"I... I don't know, hyung. But I missed you and when I'm finally able to see you, you act as I am a stranger and it hurts... I just want you to look at me the way you used to do, with joy and glee. And I'm sorry that I'm jealous because of that accidental kiss... And because Seungyoon had slow danced with you earlier, and about how clingy you are now with them instead of with me... I know that I have been out for a long time, but I don't want things to change or to feel out of place around you. You're still my favorite hyung, and I want you to stop been touchy and lovely dovy with them, please, just be like that with me...Please? " Mino looks at him embarrassed by his own confusion, the one he wasn't planing to say, the one he didn't know he had to do. 

"It's all because of a kiss? If it's that, I will gladly kiss you too, there is no need to be like that, Mino-ya" Jinwoo cuts him with a radiant smile. 

"It won't mean anything to you, right?" he asks with fear, his heart ready to leave his chest bleeding, an empty pool of red. A kiss with him would mean the world to him, more than any song can express, more than his life can embrace. 

"I don't know, maybe it will be special because of you," he says.

And there is something in his voice, something that makes butterflies fly high on Mino's body, something that makes him weak and longing. Longing for more, longing for what is going to happen, longing for his expectations to come true. 

"Then,  it must be," he says, eyes closed, heart in a cage,  ready to been delivered to Jinwoo if his words mean what he thinks and hope that they mean. 

Jinwoo closes the space between them, his pink lips inviting him, ready to greet them, soft and sweet. And with a heartbeat he is kissing him, drinking the air that separated them, hands playing with his black hair, drawing their way to his cheeks, thumbs tracing his love for him.