arrest me, officer

extra plus ordinary

notice me



It is starting to become a routine, something normal to the point that he no longer needs to do this because he can already recite the facts without looking at his notes, already memorized like the back of his hand, but he’s just following protocols of course

 

“Kim Taehyung, 22, single

 

“oh yes~ I’m definitely single and ready to mingle” the piece of crap interrupted, sending him a playful wink. “Dear God that’s so last week

 

Min Yoongi, chief officer of the Daegu police district, didn’t sign up for this bullcrap, nor does he have enough coffee in his system right now. And for the third time in one month freaking one month! This Kim Taehyung managed to land himself in his office and Yoongi doesn’t know what to make of that.

 

“shut up or I’ll lock you up in jail and leave you to rot there” Yoongi snaps, he definitely didn’t sign up for this this, meaning a certain crazy guy trying to get under his skin every single time. He doesn’t know why he’s not yet permanently locked up in jail (he does, the kid only does offenses that doesn’t warrant a major punishment) but Yoongi’s just about to reach his limit. This guy has been testing his patience and he doesn’t know why (he has a vague idea but he certainly doesn’t want to entertain the thought).

 

“By all means, officer, lock me up in here forever” Taehyung shoots him a suggestive smile, if his waggling eyebrows are anything to go by. “It’ll be my pleasure to see you every single day”

 

Well okay, maybe he wants him out of his hair. Wants him out of his station as soon as possible. Yoongi shudders because the kid’s seriously flirting with him

 

“What the hell?”

 

Okay, maybe that slipped out but Yoongi doesn’t care anymore, his patience almost nonexistent

 

“Yes, what the f

 

“Don’t” Yoongi holds up a hand to stop his sentence “I don’t wanna hear it, just, go. And don’t come back”

 

Min Yoongi, the admirable chief officer, doing an amazing job by dismissing a miscreant just because he can’t stand him.

 

“But shouldn’t you follow the proper process? Like, asking someone to bail me out? Make them sign some papers?” Taehyung tries to feign innocence, as if he’s stating the most logical thing (which is, in fact, logical), but Yoongi only adds this information to Kim Taehyung’s weird quirks, who the hell wants to go through all that?

 

“Since you became a regular visitor, I guess I would let this one slide” Yoongi thinks that’s stupid, if Taehyung’s judging look is enough proof to back up his claim

 

“But

 

“please do us a favor and just leave, and don’t” Yoongi had to emphasize that word, because he’s literally getting tired of the other’s shenanigans, get into another trouble ever again” maybe that’s enough warning to drill it into the other’s pretty little head that one more and hell’s definitely going to break loose.






 

But Yoongi had never been so wrong in his life because two weeks later, the troublesome kid is back right in front of him, looking ironically proud for someone who just got arrested again, and Yoongi wanted to punch him so bad just to remove the smirk on his face, but that would be going against the law, hell against his own damn principles as a law enforcer so he didn’t.

 

“What did I tell you, Kim Taehyung?”

 

“You really look good in that uniform, chief” Taehyung states casually, ignoring Yoongi’s question and exasperated sigh

 

“Yeah? Is that the reason why you so badly want to go here? To see my men in their uniforms? If you’ve told me sooner I would’ve already sent you tons of photos of them in it” Yep, Yoongi’s definitely going to entertain him today if it means he’ll finally get to end this crazy game with him to get him out of his hair once and for all.

 

“You kinda got it right but no” Taehyung dramatically sighs, Yoongi wants to throw something (he needs to go to anger management classes again, he absently thought) “I only want to see you in that uniform, but even more so out of it”

 

“oh effing hell!” Yep, Yoongi’s losing his cool now and he no longer cares if he even loses his job right then and there if it meant he no longer has to deal with Kim freaking Taehyung.

 

Yoongi abruptly stood up, sending the chair to topple down because of the sheer amount of force, startling some of his subordinates and earning giggles from (Yoongi suspects as) Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook, noting to get back at them later after dealing with the arsehole.

 

“You do know that I can get you arrested for stalking and harassment, no?”

 

“Oh! that would be lovely!” Taehyung literally lights up at that and Yoongi confirmed that this guy is really crazy, “hell, I thought I would have to go as far as murdering someone just so you’ll acknowledge my pining arse for you!”

 

Yoongi’s not sure what’s more disturbing, the fact that he casually stated about murdering someone or he literally admitted that he’ll go as far as that because he’s pining after him? Yoongi decides that both statements are quite disturbing in their own ways.

 

“Taehyung, watch your words or I’ll have you convicted or be put on watch” Kim Seokjin, the prosecutor, spoke up from his table. Yoongi mildly suspects that Taehyung’s somewhat related to him but he can’t be so sure unless they confirmed it themselves (Yoongi wouldn’t admit the reasoning behind it definitely not because of the good looks). What he’s aware of, however, is that Seokjin knows the kid and told him about his weird quirks; that despite being a very troublesome kid, he’s good as one. He’s just really weird, is all.

 

Yoongi sometimes ask himself why he never scolded the handsome prosecutor even if he had the opportunity to do so, or why he didn’t ask Seokjin to make the kid stop if he knows him well? (Yoongi knows he can’t do the former to the older because he respects him, and that he used to have a thing for him, which he knew was reciprocated in a way but both were just too afraid to act on it, afraid of jeopardizing their professional relationship, Yoongi would say he doesn’t regret anything though).

 

“Okay, stop” Yoongi orders, feeling done with everything “just tell me what you want, kid, and let’s stop this pining crap you got for me or whatever” he certainly reached the point where he no longer cares, he just wants his suffering to stop so that he can focus more on pressing matters.

 

“You” Taehyung said seriously. Yoongi felt something inside of him stir but he maintained his composure well, he certainly didn’t blush (an expert).

 

“Nice try, I knew you’d say that. Request denied, try again”

 

Taehyung pouts, feeling cheated. Yoongi wanted to laugh but he didn’t (he needs to be serious)

 

“Then go on a date with me”

 

Yoongi thought this over, weighing the pros and cons. If this is the only way to make Taehyung stop then so be it, he knew that Taehyung wouldn’t take no as an answer anyway if he denies this one, he’ll only cause more trouble in the future and Yoongi doesn’t want that. He believes that Taehyung’s constant visit in the police station would affect him negatively (Yoongi may find him annoying but he’s not heartless, Taehyung is still a kid and he needs to be the bigger person).

 

“Okay, but promise me that you will never pay this station a visit ever again. I’m tired of seeing your face in here.” Yoongi grumbles

 

Taehyung only smiled cheekily at him, Yoongi didn’t want to think of the meaning behind it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Going out with Taehyung is like chaperoning a kid on a field trip, Yoongi muses, minus the flirting and crude jokes. He found out that he wasn’t really a bad kid like Seokjin claims him to be so he guesses that everything’s fine, besides, the day’s about to end which means he’ll finally be free.

“Yoongi” Taehyung calls his attention

 

“You brat, I’m your hyung”

“Ewww, I call Seokjin-hyung hyung so why would I also do that to you? I mean, it would be weird to call you that if we’re in a relationship and while I’m f—“

 

“Stop right there” Yoongi shoots him a glare “who said that we’re in a relationship, hm?”

 

“Me, and because you agreed to go on a date, then that means we are”

Yoongi’s amazed by this kid’s logic, it makes him want to get a trophy and smash it on the kid’s head to make him realize that what he’s saying is pure stupidity. Yoongi huffs.

 

“No, we’re not.”

 

But Taehyung seemed to ignore this, suddenly grabbing him by the wrist to drag him somewhere, Yoongi was caught off guard that he wasn’t even able to fight back because damn, the kid’s pretty strong (and tall).

 

“Where do you think you’re taking me, huh?”

 

“Just follow me” he said quietly, Yoongi didn’t question him anymore

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Here”

 

Yoongi then directed his eyes on the wall and there, a beautiful mural of the sky awaits. Yoongi knows that it’s illegal to vandalize the wall but he cannot help but admire the beauty of it, he then noticed that there’s something written on it

 

“I’ll spread my wings and take you to the sky”

 

“Did you like it?” Taehyung asked beside him, when he looked at his way, he found the younger looking at him with intensity in his eyes, Yoongi tried not to flinch

 

“Um, yeah? but as a law enforcer, I shouldn’t because this is still vandalism”

 

“So, what you mean to say is that: you’re not allowed to appreciate beautiful things just because it’s not something you deemed as right?” Yoongi shoots Taehyung a perplexed look “where did that philosophical bullcrap come from?” Taehyung shrugs,

 

“I’m the one who made this by the way” and Yoongi wonders how many times he’ll surprise him in one day

 

“The first time I was caught doing this, it’s because I just wanted to paint this lonely wall with colors, but the moment I saw you in the police station, I suddenly found a purpose to continue this piece. Call me cliché but I knew it was love at first sight.” Taehyung’s looking at him with fondness and it’s making Yoongi nervous “then I realized, if I continue this, then that means I’ll get to see you more”

 

“If you wanted to see me so badly, then you could’ve just done it normally you brat” Yoongi pointed this out

 

“But that would be too normal, yeah? Nothing special at all! That means I wouldn’t get your attention, and you’re a busy man so if I just pay you a simple visit, I’m sure you wouldn’t spare me a glance. So why not do it this way? At least I got all your attention when you’re questioning me.”

Yeah right, you sure got my attention.

 

“You’re weird.”

 

“I’m not weird, I’m unique, just admit it”

 

Yoongi lets out a chuckle, Taehyung watches in a trance

 

“I’m an art student after all, creativity is important”

 

“Yeah right”

 

“But yeah, I continued vandalizing because I was hoping that you’ll be the one to arrest me someday. I wanted you to see this— I wanted you to know what I honestly feel for you.”

 

Now, Yoongi has nothing to reply to that. This mural is the declaration of his love for him. It’s truly beautiful, and the words rang inside his mind, reverberating towards his heart and soul. He certainly didn’t expect this. He thought that the kid was only trying to make fun of him, to get under his skin just for the sake of it.

 

Yoongi doesn’t know if it would work, besides, he never took the kid seriously before until now.

 

“You’re too troublesome” was all Yoongi managed to say

 

Taehyung grins, knowing that his message came across.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m willing to wait.”

 



A U T H O R ' S ♡ N O T E

 

how to end a story properly? lol

Anyway, Taehyung likes it the hard way~ he can pay Yoongi a normal visit but he just had to do that stuff. 

About the quote, I know, it's pretty creative... well, let's just say that Taehyung's wings are his talent & feelings for Yoongs; he was able to bring Yoongi to the sky in the form of his art. 

I think art will truly leave an impact especially if it's made for someone and by knowing the story behind its creation, it'll become much more meaningful. 

I don't know what I'm saying anymore haha hope you enjoyed this!

comments will be appreciated <3

REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT OR UPVOTE! I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACKS :)