The Night Is Young

How Can You Chase Someone Who Isn't Really Running?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fil woke up feeling a little groggy. It feels like she was lying on a reclining seat, stuffed with the softest foam. Her head started to ache and she can feel the hangover sinking in. She stood up and still with eyes closed. Then it started to get shaky, like turbulence in a plane. Then after 15 seconds it happened again. She flew her eyes open and surveyed the area.

She was sitting on a very comfortable reclining seat and saw Chase in the other side sleeping with same kind of chair. It was a lazy boy. They were in a small elongated room. The seats were positioned on the walls. There are two sets of same chair behind them. There is a door on the far end with a small peeping window. It's the same as those in a private airplane. The room was white and the pathways in between them are covered with a brownish carpet. Their seats are like half meter apart. She saw a curtain on her side and didn't think twice of looking outside. She saw blue and smoky white. She instantaneously closed it and still trying to understand what she saw. She peeped on the curtains again, moved it for a little view outside. She saw clouds. They were passing through massive clouds and she saw the bright blue sky.

"Are we flying?" she asked herself. She looked down and she saw a large city and a big body of water encircling it. "Oh glob we are, !! What happened last night?"

She was in shock and she slowly pulled her hair and leaned back to her seat. With eyes closed, she was trying to remember what happened.

>Flashback Last Night...

"The night is young," she said and tapped Chase's shoulder.

Chase walked forward following the trails of petals upstairs. She motioned to where he was going. They stopped at a double door and Chase turned the doorknobs and pushed it open.

"This was supposed to be our bedroom. I was the one who designed this romantic welcome." he said while showing her the room," but feel free to trash it for me. I have a bar upstairs, that's where I'm taking you. So don't hit me, in thinking that I'm asking you to go to bed with me."

She still hasn't reacted. She was just focused on how the bedroom was romantically set. The king sized bed has pillars that supports the canopy with red and gold drapery. The bed was filled with petals and there were two red lava lamps on both sides of the bed. It was making a gloomy red light in the entire room. There was a bottle of champagne and two wine glasses on the glass table in the balcony across the bed. And on the other side was a fireplace with a big cozy carpet in front of it and two love seat, set of both walls facing each other. It's very classy and romantic. The bedroom was like an L shape.

"As if I'm going to bed with you. Your taste !" she defended. She finds the place very heart warming. If she was the girl, she would jump and give this guy a reward. There are like a handful of men, who will do such things.

She doesn't want to give any wrong impression to this guy, so she ushered herself to the bed and held the end of the comforter and flung all the petals off the bed, making it all flying in the entire room. It was like raining flowers. She extended her arms and let the petals flow over. It's like in a wedding where everyone tosses petals at the newlyweds as they walk out of the church. 

It was late when she noticed Chase infront of her and his arms in both side of his pockets and smiling at her. He already removed his jacket, vest and tie, leaving him with his long sleeves shirt. She noticed how beautifully formed his chest was, underneath the shirt. He also ed the top three buttons on his shirt.

"Well, you're making a lot of mess." he said. He no longer has those drunken face, maybe the cocktail already wore off.

"At least you experienced being showered by petals, even though no wedding happened." she mocked.

"HAHA," he laughed sarcastically, "Come, I'll show you my bar."

"You have your own bar?" she fidgeted. Sound of alcohol really excites her.

"I do but it's just for display. I never like drinking alcohol." he said.

"Why bother putting one if you don't really drink?"

"For some occasions, like this one, I guess. And for my boys when they visit."

"Let you're boys bring their own drink."

"Ahahaha,  also for some business meetings. Alcohol makes every business transaction easier.  You just have to show them a set of expensive drinks, and then you're on your way to victory."

"So, that's how you do your monkey business."

"Make it, a great tycoon tactics," he opened a hidden door on the side of a fireplace and looked at her, "Come, this is a shortcut to the bar."

She followed him to the hidden door and there was a curving stairs that leads to series of doors. He started to ascend and she followed him. He stopped on the fourth door from the right and he pressed a code and pushed the door open.

When they entered the room it was like a gameroom with a bar. The door were they entered was like invisible behind a large vintage jukebox. There was a big pool table, a dart board, foosball, table tennis, racks with expensive drinks, bar tables and stool bars. There was also a very comfortable couch on the far end.

"Do you always have secret doors?" she asked while salivating on the expensive brands of alcohol infront of her.

There were three big racks of alcohol in the room. The racks were almost ceiling high, like a bookshelf. It occupies one entire wall. He has like 5-10 bottles of each brand. It's like she was in a Liquor Store. He was like an alcohol hoarder that never drinks.

"Pick anything you want. I will get some ice and glasses." he didn't answer her question but it didn't bother her.

Her eyes twinkled on every bottle. Different bottle shapes and sized. She remembered the time when they received a very expensive bottle of scotch from one of their fan from Scotland. They didn't want anyone to have more share than the other. So they divided it in five equal share excluding their roadie and manager. They love alcohol so much they have a checklist of the priciest alcohols. And tick it off the list when they are able to drink it. Some really cost a thousand and even a million dollar and they don't splurge their earnings in buying those. They have their piggy bank for it or sometimes lure their fans to buy it for them, as a gift. But this guy has all of those alcohols from their checklist; he has more than five bottles per brand. Some brands are not familiar but she bet they were also expensive.

He got back with two glasses with ice in both hands, "We're you able to choose?"

"It's hard, like you making me choose to live in hell or die to go to heaven."

He cackled, "You are funny, my friend told me that one, is one of the best," He was pointing on the bottle with a brand she never heard before but the label was so appealing.

"Okay, if you say so," She tiptoed to reach it coz it's placed on the highest part. She almost lost her balance but Chase was able to catch her. She was tipsy already.

"Here hold these and let me get it," he said while handing her the glasses and getting the bottle on the top portion.

"You're going to drink right?"

"Yeah, this is one occasion that I will try getting drunk."

They were sitting on the couch almost close to each other and holding their glass and their own bottle of alcohol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter