|| "Mina"

Outcast

 

"She was every guys dream: smart, beautiful, kind,.........but untouchable.....and he, an outcast, would never be able to obtain a goddess"

Chapter 1: “Mina”

 

“Jungkook...Jungkook...Jungkook!” yelled Yein, “it's 8:00am we’re going to be late to school! GET UP!”

Jungkook jerked his head to the clock.

“Oh !” Jungkook uttered.

He dashed out of bed and stumbled to his dresser. Jungkook pulled out the first thing he saw, unfortunately the first thing he came across was a blue button up with rolled up sleeves and striped christmas pants. He examined what he had pulled out and threw the pants across his room in frustration. Jungkook then shuffled through his draw once more and pulled out a pair of tan khakis.

“Good enough,” Jungkook thought.

He slid on his pants and threw on his shirt while running down stairs.

“I’m ready Yein, let’s go!” hollered Jungkook while sprinting down the stairs.

“You forgot your backpack genius,” mumbled Yein as she chucked it at him.

“Thanks, now let's go.”

Yein and Jungkook dashed outside to his car and drove off, without realizing Jungkook had forgot something very important.

 

 

“YOU FORGOT YOUR SHOES! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!” screeched Yein.

“I’m sorry I was in a rush,” Jungkook said, “and it doesn’t help that you were yelling at me to hurry up!”

“Oh don’t blame me for this, it’s your fault you forgot to set your alarm clock and your darling little sister generously woke you up!”
“Haha very funny,” he said sarcastically.

“Well, what are you going to do now? We’ll be late if we turn around now.”

Jungkook's face went from puzzled to that ‘I have an idea’’ look.

“I just remembered! I have a pair of shoes in my gym locker!”

“Aren’t they all gross though?”

“Who cares, I'm out of options here!”

“Whatever, let's just hurry up and get to school.”



 

Jungkook drove a mile more then pulled into the driveway of the school. Yein was the first one to dash out of the car and Jungkook came right behind. Class has only started two minutes prior to their arrival. They could make it into class without being marked late if they ran. Jungkook broke away from Yein as they entered the building. Jungkook went down the 11th grade corridor and Yein went to the 10th grade corridor. He galloped down the hall toward the classrooms and scanned looking for his class. Room 137, there it was, and the door was still open. Jungkook took off toward the class and went inside.

“I’m here! I’m here!” Jungkook announced.

“Congratulations Jungkook-shi. Now sit down,”  Mr. Henderson wittily responded.

Jungkook smirked toward the teacher and sat down. The entire class had eyes on him, which was rare for him to see. He was normally lucky if even 3 people looked upon him let alone 30 people.

You see, Jungkook wasn’t very popular. He was kinda nerdy, into video games and had two close friends, Taehyung and Yoongi. From a glance, he wouldn’t come across as a geek. From his hazel like eyes to his hickory-brown colored hair, Jungkook was quite a stunning young man. The only thing that might send you the thought that he was nerdy, without knowing him, was his circle reading glasses.

“Today class, we are going to take our midterm for the 1st semester.¨ Mr. Henderson explained, ¨This test will determine your placing for classes in the next semester and may even have an effect on college so, I would recommend trying VERY hard.”

The class let out a huge puff of anger.

¨This is bull! You never told us about this test and didn’t give us any chance to study!¨ Taehyung hollered

¨That’s enough! I’m sorry for the inconvenience class, but there was nothing I could say and nothing I was allowed to do. They told me to keep it under wraps because they want to see what you really memorized without studying.¨

“This is so dumb,” Yoongi mumbled under his breath.

Mr. Henderson walked up to his desk and snatched a big pile of paper.

“Besides the fact, If you have been paying attention in my class you should do fairly well on this,” he declared, “Now, i'm about to pass out the test. No talking or looking at other papers. If you’re caught cheating you will be sent to the office and fail.”

Mr. Henderson began passing the tests out. Taehyung yanked the test out of his hand and gave him a sharp look. Mr. Henderson glared at Taehyung then kept walking. He came to Jungkook and gently placed the test down.

“Fighting,” Mr. Henderson said.

Jungkook looked up at him and gave him a fake smile. He really wanted to say something that would probably get him detention but he held himself back. He was the top of his class anyways so he should be fine. Jungkook has recently just received letters from huge colleges telling him they were interested in him coming to their school. Although this would be exciting for most, Jungkook felt very overwhelmed. He wasn’t ready to go to college! He didn’t even know what he wanted to do yet!

Jungkook peered at the test and let out a huge sigh. He looked around, scanning the room for his friends. He came across Yoongi. Yoongi was that type of person that looks quiet and once you get to know him he’s still soft spoken. But even though he's soft spoken, when he talks he is hilarious. Very witty indeed, and caring. Yoongi had somewhat long brown hair. It went about to his ears and glistened in the light. Yoongi jerked his head to the side and looked at Jungkook.

“I don’t get this,” Yoongi mouthed

Jungkook shrugged at Yoongi then looked away.

Jungkook continued to examining the room to stall the test taking. His eyes still wondering when they glance across Mina. Jungkook can’t help but to stare, her beauty to captivating to look away. Feeling Jungkook’s stare, she turns around to cast him a sweet smile that strikes Jungkook into a frozen state.

Mina, Mina Chou, captain of the dance team, girlfriend of the star soccer player, and the most beautiful person Jungkook has yet to lay eyes on. She was every guys dream: smart, beautiful, kind,.... but untouchable, especially for Jungkook. Mina was known as one of the most popular, influential kids at school. Some say it’s her warm-hearted, bubbly personality that gets everyone to love her. Others say that the combination of her calm and graceful, but mysterious aura just lures people in. Whatever it is, Jungkook is sure hooked to it, but what keeps him from approaching her is the fact that he, an outcast, will never be able to obtain the goddess herself. As the harsh reality starts to come across him, he turns his head and begins his test.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

I know this chpater is really short but it's just so you can get a feel of the character.  

I know it might sound a bit cliche right now as well but please stick with me :D

*Just a notice, I'm not sure if I will continue to go from this point of view or switch it up and go from Jungkook's pov and/or Mina's pov. I"m still deciding but please let me know what you guys think*

 Also, please comment and tell me what you think so far, it's really apprecaited! 

Until next time,

Irene~