kachooo

I can't believe that doofus dumped me

 

 

“I can’t believe that doofus dumped me!!” Baekhyun shouted. His head, that was leaning on his arm, slipped, hitting the wood of the bar counter with a bang!

 

“Ughh” He moaned into the probably horribly dirty counter before raising his head so his chin rested on the table.

 

“We were together for 11 months and he just up and drops me for that !” Baekhyun was talking about his boyfriend. Well, his ex-boyfriend.

 

“Who am I kidding, I’d drop myself for Jongin too.” He frowned when he heard the bartender with the red hair chuckle.

 

The bartender had been sitting though Baekhyun’s rants for almost an hour now, just standing there and cleaning the same glass. Lucky for both of them, the bar was almost empty for a thursday night, which meant much quieter music and the added addition of actually bonding with a stranger instead of rubbing up against their body.

 

Baekhyun turned his head so he was looking up at the bartender. His bright red hair was almost glowing in the dim light mixed with the neon signs from the alcohol companies. His face was cracked into a smile. His eyes were wide and filled with a happiness you could only find in youth. His ears were flopped out like a dog’s, which just added to his whole attractive appeal. Baekhyun let his eyes traveled down the other's face, stopping at his neck where his adam’s apple bobbed.

 

Oh lordy lord.

 

The redhead's shirt dipped low enough for Baekhyun’s eyes to catch what looked like a strong muscled chest.

 

Hot.

 

All previous thoughts about his ex slithered out of his mind as whoever the hot red head was claimed his spot, stabbing a flag with his face on it into Baekhyun’s brain.

 

“You know what? Forget Kyungsoo, he was tooo much drama for me anyways. He can go drool all over Jongin. I’m not gonna drown in my feelings for him any longer! I will get over this break up and find someone knew!” Baekhyun could feel the buzz of alcohol taking over again, he was past drunk at this point.

 

The bartender’s smile grew. “Oh yeah? Do you have someone you already have your eye on?” He winked.

 

Baekhyun caught on to what he was getting at. “There actually is someone, the only problem is I don’t know his name…”

 

“Maybe I can help you figure it out?” Baekhyun watched as the redhead leaned in closer, his mind hopelessly wishing for a hot kiss to be shared between them. But nothing was going right today.

 

Baekhyun’s smile faltered when a hand snuck between the two’s faces, before they could kiss of course, and pushed the bartender’s face back.

 

“Come on Chanyeol, you know no kissing while working.” Another bartender shorter than Chanyeol! That’s his name! Stood next to him with his arms crossed. This bartender had blonde hair that would've been attractive if Baekhyun didn’t already decide that he was in love with Chanyeol.

 

“Are you kidding Luhan?! I see you eye ing that kid with the bleach hair every second he’s here!!” Chanyeol didn’t look angry, just upset. His bottom lip was jutted out in a cute pout as he turned to face Baekhyun.

 

“I’m sorry Luhan,” He growled, “ Interrupted, let’s continue where we left off tomorrow hmm?” Chanyeol set the glass that had long ago dried and the towel down and reached into his pocket pulling out his phone.

 

“Here, put your number in,” Chanyeol slid the phone across the counter. Baekhyun picked it up the phone and typed in his number before sliding the phone back to Chanyeol.

 

--

 

The ride home Baekhyun couldn’t stop squealing over how hot CHanyeol was and how he couldn’t believe his charms worked such hot people.

 

--

 

The next morning was hell. Baekhyun had scrambled around his room before taking some painkillers for his insane hangover. But other than that it was nice-ish. He was too pukey to bother with breakfast, so he had settled in front of his crappy tv watching whatever cartoon was on. The rest of his day would’ve been spent in front of the tv if he hadn’t gotten a text from an unknown number.

 

From Unknown

Hey, this is Chanyeol, the guy with the red hair who works at the bar

 

A series of sounds that could’ve been identified as screams or cries of pain left Baekhyun’s mouth before he slapped a hand over his mouth. He had forgotten that he’d reeled in a hot guy last night so he definitely wasn’t expecting a text from him. He took a second to add Chanyeol to his contacts before responding.

 

From Baekhyun

Hey Chanyeol, I’m Baekhyun

 

“Oh my god I’m so stupid why did I say that?!!” Baekhyun screamed, probably annoying the hell out of his neighbors. He anxiously stared at his phone waiting for a response.

 

From Chanyeol

I know cutie ^^

Have you eaten yet?

We should eat together :D

 

“How is he cute and hot over the phone?” He mumbled to himself before typing a response.

 

From Baekhyun

I haven’t eaten yet so let’s meet up?

 

At this point Baekhyun was biting his lip, anxiety creeping over him at how forward he was trying to be but in real life he would be a nervous wreck.

 

From Chanyeol

Ok let’s meet at a restaurant

You pick

My treat :3

 

As soon as he finished reading the messages Baekhyun had already decided where they would eat.

 

From Baekhyun

McDonald’s

 

From Chanyeol

That’s cliche

I like it

 

From Baekhyun

XD

I'm hooked on their fries

So what time do you want to meet?

 

From Chanyeol

In thirty minutes?

Or sooner

I really want to see you and finished what we started last night ;)

 

From Baekhyun

O.o

Ill meet you there in thirty

 

Before Chanyeol could respond Baekhyun threw his phone on the couch and ran to the bathroom, taking the fastest shower he could then running to his closest. He grabbed the skinniest skinny jeans and a simple tee, squeezing into them. Baekhyun came back to the bathroom, quickly blow drying his hair and combing it to perfection. Lastly, he added a hint of eyeliner because, why not? Then before he knew it, Baekhyun was sprinting his way to the McDonalds a few blocks away.

 

--

 

The second Baekhyun arrived inside the building, he closed his eyes and deeply inhaled the delicious scent of greasy, salty food.

 

I’m gonna gain soo much weight.

 

In a trance, Baekhyun walked to the empty line and soaked in every word written on the flickering menu above the cashier’s head. All the greasy meats made him a little sick inside, but the fries. Just thinking of the fried potato made him drool, only McDonald’s new how to perfectly coat potatoes in a combo of oil, salt, and butter.

 

“Hey!” A cheerful voice came from behind. Baekhyun twisted around and saw the friendly face of Chanyeol, his red hair sticking up in random places. His hand twitched, desperately wanting to reach out and smooth down the fiery strands.

 

“Hiya,” Baekhyun smiled to cover up his loss of words. He could feel an awkwardness settling in the air, or maybe it was just his hunger blinding his feelings.

 

Chanyeol ran a hand through his hair as he looked at the menu. His hair was so fascinating…

 

“I guess I’ll order first…” Chanyeol mumbled, taking a step towards the cashier. While he ordered, Baekhyun couldn’t help but observe the other. For his tall height and long arms and legs, Chanyeol oddly didn’t look like they were too long, it was even odder how he managed to have such a laid back and relaxed posture. His voice was a deep rumble that was always kind and happy, even to strangers. All Baekhyun could say about Chanyeol was that he was perfect.

 

“Baekhyun?” Said deep voice awakened him from his trance. “You gonna order?”

 

“Right, um can I get 2 large orders of fries and a strawberry shake.” The cashier nodded before asking if that was all. Chanyeol gave him a glance, shrugging his shoulders in a way that almost seemed like he was encouraging him to order more. Baekhyun just shook his head.

 

Chanyeol said he’d wait for the food to come out, leaving Baekhyun to pick a spot. Almost all Mcdonald's were arranged the same, booths on one end, tables on the other, and tables for two/ booths with tables and chairs towards the middle. Baekhyun played it safe and chose a booth along the wall that looked the cleanest and as a bonus wasn’t being constantly penetrated by the sun.

 

He sat down on one side of the booth, setting his hands on the table to twiddle with his thumbs as he impatiently waited for Chanyeol and the food. He wasn’t sure which one he wanted more right now. A few moments passed where Baekhyun sat, his thoughts drifting from Chanyeol to food to, surprisingly Kyungsoo.

 

He grimaced as his mind tried to come up with what he was doing now. Probably flirting with Jongin, but a part of him worried that maybe Kyungsoo had been rejected. He had seen Soo making eyes at Jongin a long time ago, but who didn’t? Kim Jongin’s body should be worshiped like a god's, anyone who’s seen his chest could relate. But another part of him wanted Kyungsoo to feel the pain of rejection, because it had to be similar to the pain of being betrayed, right?

 

Baekhyun looked up in surprise when he saw someone sit down across from him, the tray of food in between them.

 

“Finally!!” He moaned, grabbing the milkshake and taking a long drink.

 

“Sorry, they had to make new fries,” Chanyeol laughed at Baekhyun’s reaction: eyes rounding and face growing into a long toothless smile. “I’ve never seen someone get so happy over food,” Chanyeol shook his head with a faint smile, opening a cardboard box that had chicken nuggets inside.

 

“I’m sure you would react the same way if you hadn’t eaten in more than twenty-four hours.” Baekhyun grabbed a fry and took a bite, just hot enough so his taste buds didn’t quite burn.

 

“Jesus, no wonder you're so skinny. You should eat more often, it’s unhealthy.”

 

“That’s why i'm eating now,” Baekhyun said over a mouthful of fries. He sipped it down with the milkshake, loving the sweet and salty combo. He began mindlessly munching on the food, too happy to care that Chanyeol was staring at him with half lidded eyes.

 

Baekhyun paused, eyes widening when a large hand grabbed his chin and tilted it so he was looking at Chanyeol. His thumb swiped across the corner of his lips, Baekhyun’s face catching fire.

 

“There was a crumb…” Chanyeol mumbled softly as he pulled back to pick up a chicken nugget. Baekhyun laughed, he didn’t think such an intimate thing could make the both of them turn into shy hermits when last night they were practically planning on making out before they’d even learned each other’s names.

 

He on the straw, watching as Chanyeol glanced at him shyly.

 

“I never took you as the shy type.” Chanyeol’s mouth dropped open as he sputtered to find a response to Baekhyun’s teasing question.  

 

“I-I’m not!!” He finally stuttered, earning a giggle from Baekhyun.

 

“Sure doesn’t seem that way,” A sparkle formed in Chanyeol’s eyes as he dropped the forgotten mcnugget and bravely leaned forwards to place a kiss on his cheek. This time Baekhyun was the one desperately clawing out for a response.

 

In the end, he just shook his head and took another drink of the pink ice cream, trying to ease his blush.

 

“Now who’s the shy one,” Chanyeol smirked.

 

“H-Hey-” Baekhyun shut up when the red head suddenly shoved a mcnugget into his mouth before patting his cheek.

 

“You should eat.”

 

Baekhyun could only chew down on the chicken nugget, smiling down at his lap when he saw Chanyeol grinning at him.

 

The finished the meal off when Baekhyun collapsed back into the booth, clutching his stomach.

 

“Baekhyun! What’s wrong!” Chanyeol was standing beside him now, his features scrunched in worry.

 

“I think I ate too much~” He groaned, opening his eyes to see Chanyeol’s dumbfounded face looking down at him. He sat up laughing as Chanyeol whacked his shoulder in fake anger.

 

Baekhyun continued to laugh as Chanyeol grumpily cleaned up their trash and threw it away, still grumbling as he took Baekhyun’s hand and pulled him outside. He squinted as the bright sun hit his face and let Chanyeol lead him to a rusty truck, blindly climbing into the passenger seat with Chanyeol behind the wheel.

 

They sat there for a moment, Baekhyun taking in the interior while Chanyeol watched Baekhyun.

 

“Now what?” He asked, curious as to why they hadn’t gone anywhere yet.

 

Chanyeol was silent before his expression turned serious. “I was hoping we could continue where we left off last night,” His voice was soft and y.

 

“So,” Baekhyun murmured, tilting his head to the right, “Why don’t we?” The suggestion was clear in his voice as he leaned forward just enough for Chanyeol to know what he wanted.

 

He met him halfway, lips soft as they slid against Baekhyun’s. He picked up the familiar flavor of mcnuggets and the heavenly fries, only making him deepen the kiss.

 

Kissing Chanyeol was much better than Kyungsoo, Baekhyun decided as he pulled back to take a breath. Their noses brushed together as they both panted for breath. Baekhyun grinned before pressing his lips to the corner of Chanyeol’s mouth.

 

Much, much better than Kyungsoo.