Chapter 1~

Forgotten identity

Everything was black. He could hear whispers but could not fully make out what the whispers were. He tried to open his eyes but they were so heavy. He tried to call out, but his lips were glued shut. His body was on fire, yet he felt so cold at the same time.

 

‘What’s wrong with me?’ He thought before his conscious fell asleep again.

 

Days turned to weeks and weeks turn to months.

 

“Doctor is he ever going to get better? It has been months and he is still not waking up. “

 

“We don’t know now. He should have woken up already.”

 

“You said that he would be awake soon! You lied to me! He is still in comma and it’s all my fault! I caused him to be stuck in the darkness and coldness all alone.”

 

“It’s not your fault. Don’t blame yourself. You saved him in fact.”

 

“Please doctor I beg you…Is there any way to wake him up. Please……I need him….” He could hear a person at the side of him begging and crying. The voice was so beautiful yet it held so much pain that even he could feel it. He wanted to open his eyes to see who that beautiful yet broken belong too, yet he couldn’t. He wanted to call out to the voice but his voice failed him. He could only hear the person cry and beg. He suddenly felt someone touching his forehead gently. The touch was so soft and gentle like as though the person was afraid that if he used any more strength, it would break him. The hand was so smooth that before he knew it he fell back to the blackness again.

 

The months turned to years.

 

“We missed you… all of us missed you. We missed the way you are always there for us even when you are busy. We missed the way you laugh. It has been close to three years since the incident happen. Close to three years of suffering, lonely nights, not really smiling, not really eating and just constantly missing you… close to three years since I lost you to the darkness. When will you come back to us? When will you come back to me, my little one?” It was that voice again. The voice would always come and talk to him even though he couldn’t reply. The voice will tell him about his day, what he did and what the others did. How tired they were after practice. How they missed him. How nobody has the heart to be happy anymore.

 

‘Why can’t they be happy? Happiness is everyone’s right, why are they choosing not to be happy? What a weird bunch of people’ he thought. He wanted to ask questions. He wanted to comfort the voice but same as three years ago he couldn’t do anything at all but just listen to the voice talk. Listening to the stories told and the touches that came along luring him back to the darkness each time. Some days it was more than one voice talking to him but the voice was always there. The voice never failed to be there, never failed to be the one that lured him back to the quiet darkness that surrounds him.

 

Little did anyone know that the cycle was about to be broken. No more darkness. No more one-sided talks. But instead be greeted with a reply. However, this change will still break every heart and bring tears to every living person that was present in that room.