Struggles

Dark Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Honestly, everything in Yoongis life was perfect. Jimin and him had just celebrated their 4 year anniversary, spending the night at a fancy restaurant the older had especially picked out for that day, all dressed up and elegant. He’d even come and surprised Jimin with flowers as he had insisted to go out while the younger got ready just so that he could come pick him up for their date.

Jimin had found it silly, honestly, but the action had also been so endearing, Yoongi showing him his signature smile, all wide and with his gums showing, that Jimin simply hadn’t been able to make fun of him for it.

So he had happily played along, indulging the older male and secretly very much enjoying the attention he had been receiving all evening.

They’d known each other since college, where they had met through various, quite funny incidences and had become pretty much inseparable since then.

Now they were on their way home in the back of a cab, the driver not sparing them a single glance as they kept on giggling between themselves, Jimins smaller hand interlaced with Yoongis and comfortably resting on his thigh.

“I’m not even kidding, Jimin. Yoona had to go around all afternoon to look for the hidden stars everywhere. It was simply adorable and the kids just kept on taking the ones she found and hid them again."

Jimin smiled widely as Yoongi told him about his day at the day care. It was possibly one of the things that had intrigued him most, at least at first. How well Yoongi could act and simply be with children. His job as a kindergarten teacher was just perfect for his gentle soul.

“I’m pretty sure she noticed somewhere half way through but she kept on playing along. The kids were giggling behind her back and whenever she would turn to look at them they tried to pull a serious expression.”

His boyfriend was giggling to himself, shaking his head fondly at the memory.

Jimin just squeezed the males’ hand, knowing he didn’t really need a reply to it.

A comfortable silence fell over the cab and slowly, the young dancer could feel the day and glass of wine he had enjoyed with his dinner weigh down on his head. He scooted closer to Yoongis seat and leant down to rest his head on his boyfriends shoulder, sighing softly in content and closing his eyes.

He’d gotten up early for training again today and even though he had skipped afternoon practice he felt how his muscles were still sore from the intense morning. But Jimin relished in that feeling, to him it was proof that he worked hard.

Yoongis hand had come up to play with the boys bleached hair, running his fingertips through the fluffy strands even if the angle was slightly awkward for him.

“Baby don’t fall asleep yet. I doubt I can carry your fat up to our apartment.”

Jimin reached out to slap the older’s thigh weakly with a huff, albeit the small smile on his lips.

“Min Yoongi you take that back. I’m not fat.”

He felt a pair of lips press into his hair before a deep voice filled the silence.

“I didn’t say you were. But your muscles are heavy baby.”

He heard the soft chuckle in Yoongis voice as he spoke and Jimin simply huffed again, feigning unhappiness.

“Just for that I’ll make you carry my ‘heavy’ .”

The groan pressed into his hair was more than exaggerated and Jimin just nuzzled closer happily, letting their perfect day ring out slowly.

Granted, he felt a little drowsy as they pulled up to their apartment complex and he waited for Yoongi to pay and get out before scooting to his side of the cab and opening the door, looking up at the black haired male with a pout he knew the older couldn’t resist. Yoongi was weak to his lips. And charms. But mostly his lips.

“Carry me.”

Jimin put on his best cutesy voice, even going as far as to make grabby hands at his groaning boyfriend.

“Be a good boyfriend and carry your tired baby, hm?”

Three, Two, One…

“Fine.”

Jimin squealed in victory as his boyfriend mumbled the affirmation out grumpily and he got out of the cab, waiting for the older to turn around so that he could hop onto his back with a happy laugh. He pressed his lips to the others cheek in a wet smack, stretching out his arm and pointing at the door after.

“You’re the best. Now go.”

He swayed his legs happily beside Yoongis hip as he walked, placing soft pecks on his neck from time to time.

When they reached their apartment, Jimin helped out the other with reaching down into his own suit pocked to get out the key, leaning forward, and almost tipping them both off balance, to unlock the door and pushing it open so that they could stumble inside.

Their apartment wasn’t much, a small living room with an open kitchen, separated by the kitchen island as well as their bedroom, a bathroom and a small studio tucked away at the end of the corridor. Yoongi liked to compose in his free time, holing up in the small room packed with equipment he had acquired over the years and Jimin loved to listen to and translate his song into dances.

Their apartment wasn’t much, but for them it was home.

Yoongi stepped into their living room, letting go of Jimin without a warning and with that causing the boy to flop down on the couch with a soft huff.

Jimin whined softly at the impact, looking up at the other with big eyes and pouty lips once more. Yoongi just rolled his eyes in response and leant down to place a soft kiss onto Jimins lips before kneeling down and starting to untie the others shoes. He lifted the youngers legs by his calf, slowly pulling off the right shoe first before repeating his action with the left.

He picked them up together and headed back into their entrance, placing them down neatly before taking off his own and setting them beside. For a weird second he found it cute, their shoes standing together like that.

When he came back into the living room, Jimin had apparently decided that he was too hot, the jacked already flung over the back of the couch, his short fingers currently working on ing his dress shirt.

“Babe what are you doing?”

Yoongi approached the other warily, his eyes running over the slowly exposing skin with interest.

“It was hot in here. Or is that just you?”

Yoongi rolled his eyes at the terrible pickup line as Jimin giggled softly and finally reached out for the older again to pull him to his side, the shirt only prevented from falling down because it had caught on the crock of his elbow.

“Pretty sure that’s just the heater, Chim.”

He shook his head slightly, rolling his eyes at the others silliness. That didn’t stop him from wrapping his arm around his boyfriends’ shoulders however and his fingers found their way to the nape of Jimins neck, though the short hair there.

 

“Do you wanna watch a movie or something?”

Jimin had moved, his head pressing up against Yoongis chest as he made himself comfortable, soft hums of appreciation leaving his lips as the older massaged his scalp softly.

“’M kinda tired… I just wanna cuddle.”

Yoongi smiled at the cute sound of his voice, leaning down to press a soft kiss into grapefruit scented hair before he got up and tugged the boy along gently.

“Let’s get you to bed then.”

He dragged the male into their bathroom, sitting him down on their toilet before he turned to prepare his toothbrush for him. He reached out with one hand to pull down Jimins jaw, the other pushing in the minty bristles.

“Be a good boy and brush your teeth.”

Yoongi quickly prepared his own, leaning against the counter with his hip as he watched the younger lazily brush his teeth, his eyes slipping shut for elongated periods of time until it looked like he was dozing off on their toilet, toothbrush stuck between his teeth and a small drop of foam running down his chin.

The sight was so endearing, Yoongi had to supress the urge to coo at the other. Sometimes he really felt like he had to punch a wall because his boyfriend was so adorable. He guessed it evened out his grumpiness in the relationship.

They were soul mates after all, or at least that was what Jimin liked to call them. And Yoongi was prone to agreeing.

Spitting out into the sink he quickly rinsed his mouth before turning to the blonde, reaching out to ruffle his hair softly to rustle him from his half-sleep. He smiled slightly at the other when he blinked his eyes open at him, tugging him to get up before waiting for the other to finish.

He took his hand as they went back to their bedroom, the happy feeling never fading as he felt Jimin nuzzle into his shoulder blade. When they reached their bed, Jimin just flopped down unceremoniously and Yoongi took it as his job to undress the other completely, pulling off his sock and black jeans with a few tugs. His own clothes were discarded soon and he joined the other in their bed in his underwear, pulling Jimin up until he was resting on the pillow. When he had the blankets tugged around their bodies he curled his arms around Jimins torso, hugging him to his chest tightly.

 

When he woke up the next morning, legs tangled and bodies pressed together flush, Yoongi was sure he wanted to spend the rest of his life like this, waking up to soft kisses pressed to his hot skin and a sleepy but happy Jimin smiling at him as soon as he opened his eyes.

Jimin was a ball of sunshine any time of the day. Even now, eyes still puffy from sleep and hair tousled in an adorable bedhead. Yoongi wasn’t exactly sure how he did it, he could smile so easily and carefree all the time, how he could act so selflessly and make sure everyone was fine around him first. Jimin was an angel and he’d fight anyone that said otherwise.

“Good morning, sunshine.”

Yoongis voice was still gruff from sleep and deep, the sound rumbling from within his chest. Jimin just graced him with an eye-blinding smile, his eyes scrunching up into cute crescents and disappearing completely, his baby-fat cheeks bunching up.

Another quick peck was placed on his lips before Jimin wriggled out from his hold and slipped out of their bed. The soft morning sun enhanced the dancers perfect body, the soft light making his skin glow like honey. Yoongi couldn’t keep his eyes off of him and it seemed like Jimin noticed that too, turning his head to wink at the other with a soft giggle. Then he was gone.

The raven lifted his hands to rub over his face with a groan or two, indulging himself in just five more minutes before he too thought of facing the day head on. At least it was a Sunday, both of them didn’t have to work and they could just enjoy the day together. Maybe they’d finally watch that movie. Maybe they’d just sleep and cuddle all day. Who knew, really.

When Yoongi stumbled out into their small living room, now clad in comfortable sweats and a loose shirt, he saw Jimin working on some breakfast for them both already, the sweet scent of pancakes lying heavily in the air. The older nearly tripped over a pillow, for some weird reason carelessly thrown on the floor, as he tried to make his way with almost-closed eyes. As soon as he entered the kitchen Jimin held out a cup of coffee towards him without a word, knowing that Yoongi could only wake up with his daily fix of caffeine.

The raven took it gratefully, lifting the steaming black liquid and burning his tongue with the first sip right away. Not that he cared too much. Coffee was his life source. His sole reason to live. Save for Jimin of course.

The man flopped down on one of the chairs on their small kitchen table, watching the younger tatter around their kitchen through half lidded eyes. Jimin would look back at him from time to time, gracing him with one of his eye blinding smiles and just lifting his mood each single time.

Once his mug was empty and a plate full of pancakes drenched in syrup before him he finally didn’t look like he’d murder anyone in his path and Yoongi hummer appreciatively before he started to dig in.

Jimins soft giggle almost got lost under the sound of Yoongis happy munching. After that they ate in comfortable silence, a few adoring gazes shared between them from time to time. Somewhere after his third pancake, just because he was small didn’t mean he couldn’t eat a lot, thank you very much, Yoongi reached out to squeeze Jimins hand in thanks, a bright gummy smile on his lips, decorated with a few splotches of syrup and pancake crumbs.

Jimin leant over, his fork falling onto the plate in a soft clatter, steadying Yoongis chin with his now free hand and leaning in to press a soft kiss to his lips. The touch didn’t remain innocent for long, Jimins warm tongue darting out to away the food smear with a cheeky grin.

For once Yoongi was quick to react, his hand coming up to hold the younger in place with a firm but careful hold on his neck, tilting his head slightly to turn the teasing into a lazy but deep kiss.

Jimin had to stabilize himself on the table as the kiss continued, his, in Yoongis mind, perfect body bend over the table to savour each moment. The kiss tasted sweet, like syrup and Jimin and Yoongi hummed in appreciation once more, only reluctantly letting go when Jimin whined in discomfort from his position.

The raven leant up to press one last peck to the tip of the youngers nose, basking in the soft giggle that he was rewarded with. Jimins laugh was the most adorable thing. He could listen to it all day.

Pushing his plate away with a low huff, Yoongi stretched, his muscles and joints cracking satisfyingly before he pat his flat tummy with a happy sigh. Leaning over he grabbed the others plate and stacked them together before bringing them to the sink to wash them, batting Jimins hands away as he tried to help.

“You cooked, I clean. That’s the deal. Go on, sit your pretty but down on the couch and choose a movie or something.”

“But only because you asked so nicely…”

Jimin slowly retreated out of the kitchen, not with a teasing wriggle send towards a staring Yoongi, before he flopped down and started to scroll through Netflix.

“Are you thinking Netflix and chill or something you really want to watch?”

“Chim, just choose something, I really don’t care. If I want to touch your I will, ain’t no movie stopping me to.”

Ah, once again that angelic sound. Yoongi made quick work of the pan and bowl, washing them first before rinsing off their plates to stack them in the dishwasher. On second thought, glancing over at his lover might have been a tad too distracting and Yoongi found himself scrambling to catch the plate, knocking his forehead against the counter, rather ungracefully, in the process and himself almost out, the ceramic smashing into tiny pieces on the floor.

“Oh for s sake.”

Soft swears spilled out of his lips as he started to gather the pieces, shooing away a worried Jimin that had perked up on the couch.

The raven was careful to avoid cuts, he didn’t want to, couldn’t, bleed.

And then the first drop fell to the ground, right in between his hands, the contrast stark against the white tiles of their kitchen floor. His blood. Black blood. Seemed like he’d split his head when he hit the counter.

. . .

His hand slapped to his forehead so fast and hard, he groaned out in pain. He’d managed to avoid any cuts or bleeding for the five years he’d known the younger. Why did this have to happen now. Jimin didn’t know. Jimin COULDN’T know. The man was a saint. Yoongi once had to bandage his wrist when he’d cut himself while cooking and he doubted he’d ever seen such white blood in his life.

Of course he felt horrible for keeping this from Jimin. Of course he should have told him. Of course he was an for not doing so. But he couldn’t loose him. He wasn’t that guy from ten-fifteen years ago that cared about no one but himself and did anything just to feel like he was superior and get what he wanted.

During his small mental breakdown he hadn’t noticed how Jimin had gotten up, standing in the kitchens entrance with a clearly worried look on his face.

“Yoongi are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?”

His voice was so soft and honest concern dripping from it, Yoongi had to squeeze his eyes shut to not throw up right then and there from the guilt crashing through his body. He needed to get away.

With his hand still plastered firmly to his forehead, feeling a warm trickle down his hairline, he stood and pushed past the oblivious, confused and worried younger.

Out. He needed to get out.

Having half the mind to grab his coat on his stumble to the door, his feet slipping into the first best thing that resembled shoes, Jimins bunny eared slippers, he ran out of their apartment in a frenzy, ignoring his lovers worried calls following down the hallway.

He raced down the stairs, not having enough patience to wait for the elevator and then out of the building into the cold winter air, his feet slipping on the frozen sidewalk. But Yoongi didn’t stop. Instead, he just pressed on and on, running until his lungs were burning from the freezing air and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter