Him

That S*NY Headphone Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter

A.N: I mentioned a real university name in South Korea, so don't take it hard. I study other course, not microbiology so if you find some mistakes relating this course, can you just close your eyes and forgive this idiot? Oh, I was being too stupid by using one women's university name when I want to include Jin too lol sooooo lots of editing about place's names oh hell yeah~ Btw, I mentioned other BTS members too XD
Enjoy reading~

 

 

'I need bed now'

Mijin cursed under her breath, marking two names in her hate-list mentally — Seokjin and a guy who was in the same research lab with her named Namjoon for taking her time. It was near to ten o'clock and for her, it was quite early to go back as she usually stayed at the university until before the last train operated. 

But, she had a slight fever, so she needed her bed desperately.

Staying back at the research lab is pretty common to the Microbiology third year student like her. Especially if you're a Konkuk University student. Of course, when it comes to the final year, it's getting busier. But, less people will choose to stay there until midnight. Unlike her.

She didn't think she's a hardworking one, but she held her principle strongly which is 'once you start, do it until finish'. Blame her mother for teaching her that life lesson since she was young, but she deeply felt grateful with her sole and only parent.

When she thought like that, people around her felt otherwise. Most of them thought that there was no other people who worked harder like her, so they labelled Mijin as the most earnest yet difficult girl.

Difficult, why?

She was pretty, well, pretty enough to have a boyfriend, but because of she is Mijin, it was almost impossible to imagine she had a boyfriend. All the important things in her life evolved with studies. She wasn't neither like Mary-Sue type girl nor your gangster tough girl. She's completely an ordinary Korean girl, not complaining much, sometimes dress nicely, thinking like the other girls around her age, but only one thing that made her unavailable for this moment.

She's too much into her studies, researches and reports. As a typical student, of course she would go hang out with her best friends Seokjin and Sena, but when she was in the mood to study, nobody could enter her little world. But, don't ever dare to call her nerd because it would take just one second for her to think before punching your face.

A girl like her is indeed a girlfriend material (if you search for a normal type of girlfriend), but unfortunately she rejected all confessions from the guys. It was started from high school, during her second year when she got her first love confession. She took only thirty seconds to think about the confession before rejected deflatedly.

First, she already thought before, if she got any confession, she would judge him for the first ten seconds, consider a future with him for the second ten seconds, and the last ten seconds would be the time to contruct the rejection or acceptance sentence. Second, she was actually afraid with commitment or being tied with anyone. Third, she wanted to avoid from feeling pity with her future boyfriend because she knew that she would choose to focus on her studies 20 times more than him.

But, she was doubting herself to be an undateable girl until 25. Honestly, she wanted a boyfriend who was dependable and took care of her especially during sick. But, she also thought that having a boyfriend was quite troublesome. 

How she wished Seokjin and Sena understood her about this.

Back to her situation, Mijin felt so lucky for being able to sit the last seat near the door. So that she could lean her body to take a nap. A nap in the train was a hateful thing for her, but she had no choice. Blame the fever.

The train was approaching Jamsilsaenae station when she accidentally wake up from her nap due to the announcement. It was quite strange as the announcement before wasn't be heard but not for that time. She rubbed her eyes and realized that she had many stations more before she arrived at Sadang station which was near her house.

'Dang! I can't sleep back.'

She yawned but she couldn't sleep even after she closed her eyes. So, she chose to look at the opposite door, thinking about some stupid things so that she could eventually sleep.

Once the train arrived at Jamsilsaenae station, all doors opened and some of the passengers got off the train. In just a few minutes, the doors would close back, so many people outside ran towards the door to ride that train, making Mijin chuckled when looking at them. Then, once the doors were almost closed, she realized there was a guy sprinted towards the train, ignoring the warning from the train's station worker and hopped into the train from the door opposite her.

That guy panted furiously, bent and cupped his knees before apologizing at a man around forties for bumping into him slightly. 'That guy is so illegal'. Mijin thought as she studied him intently. Fortunately he didn't realize there was a girl bored a hole behind his head. While a hand grabbed a hanging strap, he took his headphone and put on it to listen to the music.

His expression was priceless.

That guy wore a plain white shirt with loose black slack pant. He stood with the same direction where Mijin faced to, so she could only see his back and half of his face. The more she eyed him, the better he looked. He has a quite refined jawline, black hair and pointed nose, which made him absolutely striking and attractive. Mijin blinked and doubted with her eyes. It wasn't the first time she saw a very handsome guy. Look at Seokjin, he was so handsome until some of her friends felt jealous with her for having a guy like him as a best friend. But, this time, it felt so different.

She felt that spark.

She didn't care anymore if other people realized that she was staring at him for a long time. Long enough until she realized that the train was nearing to Sadang station. She innerly groaned and grabbed her bag before slung it on her shoulder. The door which was going to open was next to her, making her groaned twice. She wished she could stand at least beside him, so that she could see his features more closer.

The announcement had been made, so she stood and went standing in front of the door. But, her eyes caught something that made her jaw dropped low.

That guy's bag wasn't zipped properly so the jacket which he tossed into his bag could be seen. One of the sleeves hang out from the bag and some parts of the jacket were exposed as well. For her standing position, she could see a thing whish marked him as 'more illegal'.

The thing which literally shouting that he's a high school student.

 

It was him again.

Mijin chose to go back early, much to Seokjin's surprise and he began to congratulate her for finally spending her time more to herself, not for studies only. Ignored Seokjin's long comment on her, she sprinted to the station just to take the train bounded to Sadang station at 9.55 pm. So that, it would be 10.05 pm when it arrived at Jamsilsaenae station.

She never felt desperate like this. He's ing high school student and she felt the spark? She could be accuse as a e if he was much younger, and actually she felt like a pedo noona already, but not in the gross way.

When the train arrived at Jamsilsaenae station, to be her surprise, that guy didn't run on that day and was queuing up to enter the train. She guessed that he wasn't coming late for the train. The train wasn't too crowded but that guy chose to stand up and held the hanging strap instead of sitting down on the vacant seat.

And to add her excitement, he stood at the same place like the day before while she sat at the same seat.

He had his school jacket inside his bag again, as his bag looked bulky. And she was sure that he wasn't putting books inside. Mijin was good in judging and profiling people, so she knew that that guy wasn't a studious one. For this time, he didn't tuck in his light blue shirt and let his tie to hang loosely. Around his neck, he got his headphone hanging, didn't bother to wear it. While putting one hand inside his pocket and threw a look outside the glass window, Mijin began to realize how young he acted judging from his outer appearance.

A high school student, indeed.

He looked very good looking and matured enough to be mistaken as an adult. But, based from her observation, Mijin found that he still acted like a younger boy. Sighing heavily, Mijin chose to give up with that guy and took out her phone before scrolling Twitter.

But, after a few minutes, she caught a ringtone which could make her melt for seconds and it was from that guy's phone.

It was Zion T's song - See Through.

'That's my jam, dammit!'

She stared him with disbelief but quickly averted her eyes, shook her head, and mentally cursed herself.

'He's ing high schooler, you idiot! He's ILLEGAL!!!'

But again, she took a glance at him.

'But, he's soooooo stunning.'

 

"Wow! A dress?" Seokjin raised an eyebrow and continued to munch his bread after making that remark. Sena almost dropped her jaw but luckily Seokjin pushed her jaw back before offending her best friend.

"What? It's not that weird." Mijin replied and took an untouched bread from Seokjin's plate.

Yes, it wasn't weird for her to wear a dress. She occasionally wore a pair of dress when they hang out together, but of course not during winter. Skirts also pretty common for her, so she couldn't find the reason why Seokjin and Sena felt surprised with her.

"But, you NEVER wear a dress to school, Mijin." Sena stated and Seokjin nodded vigorously.

"I didn't?"

Both of her best friends nodded simultaneously before eyeing her with suspicious.

"I don't know if it's the reason, but..." Sena sent a signal to Seokjin to complete her sentence. Understood with the sign, Seokjin added. "Are you getting a boyfriend without telling us?"

Mijin stared them with saucer-eyes and quickly shook her head in denial. "Are you guys sick?"

"Not us, but you are." Sena put her bread down, not planning to continue eating as their discussion was getting interesting. "Seokjin told me that you're acting weirdly nowadays. You come back early, you keep humming, and the worst thing is you don't ignore to Namjoon's ridiculous request when you always reject his."

Mijin shrugged her shoulder casually. "Well, sometimes Namjoon needs help no matter how annoying he is."

Sena rolled her eyes. "You change, do you realize that?" Sena let a groan and sighed dramatically before leaning on Seokjin's shoulder. "I wish to enter the same research lab with you guys."

Seokjin patted Sena on head and chuckled. "Don't worry. I'll keep you updating with Mijin's." He paused and narrowed his eyes, eyeing Mijin skeptically. "If you're not getting a boyfriend behind us, don't tell us that you.."

"YOU'RE IN LOVE?" Seokjin and Sena shouted in unision, enough to bring stares to them.

Mijin slapped Sena's arm, didn't realize that she was actually blushing.

"Mijin! You're blushing!" Seokjin pointed it out while Sena gasped. "So, it's true?"

How Mijin wished to shut their mouth so much. No, she couldn't share yet about that high school guy. No, she wasn't in love with that headphone guy, yet. And yes, she didn't want to be called as a pedo noona

Please log in to read the full chapter