Start

Losing Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Look at her! It's just terrible..." A group of friends was sitting on the grass in the campus at their break time.

"We're taking the same class almost 3 years now but I have never talked with her! Has anyone did it?" One of the boys asked. Others just shaked their head as a no.

"I tried once but she just glared at me and I just walked away!" Someone came to them while they were still gossiping.

"Who are you talking about?"

"Oh? Jong Kook-ah...come and sit!" Kim Jong Kook sat with them.

"So?" Jong Kook asked.

"That girl! I think her name was Song Ji Hyo?" His friend pointed to a girl sitting under a tree with her headphone and closed eyes.She was wearing an old hoodie, she looked so pale but nevertless there was no makeup on her face. 

"What about her?" Jong Kook asked.

"We were saying she looks like a pyscho oppa! She's poor anyway! You know she's in this school with scholarship!" One of the girl said to Jong Kook in a flirty manner.

"Who cares? I bet she's no different from other girls! I think she's trying to be cool! She looks easy! I can get into her skin in....about 5 minutes!" Anyway what are you doing tonight baby?" Jong Kook asked to girl.

"Nothing I'm free!"

"Then you're with me tonight okay?" He winked.

"Wait a minute! Sorry to interrupt your flirting but I have something on my mind! Let's make a bet!"

"A bet?"

"Yep! You said you can pick her up in only 5 minutes? Don't worry I will not be cruel and give you more time! Your wish is my command if you decieve her to sleep with you!"

Jong Kook just looked at him without saying anything.

"But it's understandable if you think you can't do it!"

"No..no! It's sounds fun actually! It's easy anyway!"

"No..oppa! What about me?" The girl saucily said.

"Look...we could hang out together but you know I don't like serious thing okay? Anyway I would say wish me luck but I dont' need it so I'm just gonna go and get over it!"

"Right now?" His friend asked.

"The sooner the better! Look at me and learn something! I'll be back in a minute!" Then Jong Kook walked toward to the Ji Hyo. He approached to the tree that she's sitting under. He sat beside her and suddenly he pulled her headphone. He put it it to his ears while Ji Hyo was looking at him without any emotion on her face.

"Ahh...so you're listening it! It's trash you know!" He pulled to the earphone and give it to her.  Ji Hyo put her stuff in her bag and wanted to stood up without saying anything but Jong Kook grabbed her arm.

"Where are you going? Anyway, you see that car right? It's mine!" He asked but she was still in silence without any expression.

"I'm not going to ask if you want to ride it or not because I know you're gonna want it! I mean who wouldn't? Let's go huh? After a little drive we can go to my house where no one can bother us..." He winked to her. Ji Hyo stood up. She was searching from her bag something. After a while she pulled out something like bottle and opened it lid. There was coffee in there -not so hot- and suddenly poured it over his head. Jong Kook was shocked.

"YAH! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" He was so angry. He stood up and grabbed her arm tightly. She glared at him coldly.

"If you want to entartain yourself go and find someone else!" She finally talked in a calm manner but her voice was soulles like her eyes. She roughly pulled her arm from his grip and walked away from there. Jong Kook went to the his friend which is laughing at him because of the what happened.

"Jong Kook-ah...as you said...I watched and learned it! Know I know how to not to approach to a woman! Thanks for this unforgettable experence!" He said while laughing.

"Go to hell!...It's not the end! I'm gonna make her pay! Once she get in to my bed...all university gonna watch it!"

                                   ❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

Ji Hyo went to his home, rather it was just a room. There was a small kitchen, a floor bed beside the wall, a few books and just a photo frame. She directly went to her bed and just sat there while looking at the frame. After a while she lay down and fell asleep. It was evening when she woke up. She stood up and got dressed for work. After a while she left the home. She went to her work place. She was working as a bartender in a night club. She entered the club and began to her job.

It was a busy night but she didn't care because she could keep her mind from thinking if she was busy.

"Two vodka..." Someone ordered.

She prepared it and gave to the man without looking at him face.

"Oh? Wait a minute! Song Ji Hyo? So you're working here!"  Ji Hyo lifted her head to see his face. It was Kim Jong Kook. She didn't show any expression, just looked at him then back to her work but Jong Kook sat in front of the bar counter and kept looking at her.

After a while she finished the orders and began to wipe glasses.

"Hey! Look at here!" Jong Kook called for Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo went to take his order.

"Yes?"

"One beer!" He ordered while intensly looking at her.

"Here..." She put it in front of him and back to the wiping the glasses. While she was wiping she saw someone approached to Jong Kook. He whispred something to man then the man left. After a while Jong Kook stood up.

"See you tomorrow baby!" He said and just left like that. Ji Hyo just sighed.

After her shift Ji Hyo went to her home. It was 4 a.m. She entered her home. After chancing she sat her bed and leaned to the wall. She began to looking at photo frame again with a unreadable expression. Her soulles eyes started to fill with tears.

"I'm sorry! It was all my fault, I'm sorry!" She murmured and kept looking at the photo.

                                   ❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

Jong Kook was in the campus and sitting with his friends.

"So...how it's going Jong Kook-ah? Am I winning or...?"

"No...you said you will give me some time but I have a plan tonight and it's probably going to work so...be ready!"

"But oppa....you promised to be with me tonight!" She said while trying to hold his hand.

"Ahhh! Seriously...don't be clingy! After I win the bet...it's means tonight...I will spent the night with you okay?"

"Okay oppa!" She answered him like a spoiled child.

"Now I gotta go!"

                                   ❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

As always Ji Hyo woke up from her sleep. She wore her old hoodie and put it's hood as left the home for work. After a while she arrived and enter to the pub but for her suprise there was nobody inside expect one person. He was sitting in front of the bar counter. Her boss came to the her.

"Ji Hyo-ah...you're suprised right? Anyway, see this man? He shut down the whole place for tonight and he wanted only you to serve...so....do well okay? He's a really important person!"

"Yes..." She answered in a silence voice. Then she went to the bar counter and passed to the back of the counter without looking the man's face.

"You're here? I was waiting for you!" With a familiar voice she lifted her head. The coldness was still in her eyes.

"What would you like to drink sir?" She said while showing any emotion.

"Yah! Are you going to pretend like you don't know me? It's me, Kim Jong Kook..."

"So?"

"Wow! You're a walking freezer...anyway...just give me a beer!" She brought his order and put it in front of him.

"Anything else?"

"Yes...I would like you to sit with me!"

"It's not my job so I'll be in the back...if you need anything else just call for me!" She didn't care what he said and answered as turned around to walk from there.

"Stop there! I paid for it so it's mean I also paid for you too...you will do what I say!" Ji Hyo turned to him and just lookig at him without a expression.

"For God's sake..can you show some expression? It's annoying! Are you a robot or something?" Jong Kook suddenly said in anger.

"Why do you even care? What do you want from me?" She said with a calm voice but really cold eyes.

'Finally she talked..it's gonna be easy!" He thought.

"Maybe....I care for you!" He lied. He expect her to smile to him but she approached to him without chancing expression.

"Do I look stupid to you?  All of a sudden....rich, spoiled, smug Kim Jong Kook started to care a poor and an ugly person like me...Yeah...sure..It's really does make sense! Look, I don't know your purpose... but just leave me alone okay? I'm lived like a ghost for 5 years...nobody cared for me...they don't even notice me so you should do it too! If you want to have fun...there's plently opportunity for you to satify yourself okay? But not me... Now do you have any order?" She never raised her voice, she calmly spoke as always.

"Still...you're gonna stand here...you can't go to back!" He had taken a back a little bit but still managed to say. She went to the counter again without saying anything.

"Why?" He seriously asked suddenly forgetting about the bet and everything.

"What?"

"What happened five years ago? Why are you like this?"

"Nothing happened! Don't ask personal questions...actually don't ask me anything! I really don't like to talk!"

"Yeah...I can see that..."

He looked at her big eyes. They were brown. It was nothing special but at the same time he felt like those eyes were the most beautiful eyes he ever saw. He suddenly shooked his head and back to the reality.

' What am I thinking? This girl affecting me really bad but I have to win this bet!' He thought.

"You're really not fun at all! I'm leaving! I shut down to whole place but...what am I getting? A walking freezer!" He stood up.

" You can also go to home early tonight! Probably your family waiting for you....tough girl!" He said and went out. He got in his car He wanted to leave but he couldn't. He just sat inside of his car.

Before long she also left to the pub. Jong Kook saw her. He got off the car and began to follow her.  She  was walking in the street like a ghost. After walking a little more she stopped at a park and sat on a bench. She wasn't doing anything but looking blankly in front of her.

"Isn't she crazy? She should've go to her home!" Then he also sat somewhere she can't see and watched her.

It was almost morning. Ji Hyo was still there and looking at the same place while Jong Kook drowse off. He rubbed his eyes and looked around. At that moment she stood up and began to walk.

"Finally! She's so weird!" He kept following her until her home. "So this is her....is this even a home? It seems like she's living alone! Anyway...." He pulled his phone and called his driver.

                                   ❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

1 Week Later

 Jong Kook entered to the class and suddenly saw Ji Hyo back of the class. Her eyes was close.

"It's right....we have the same class today!" He murmured. His friend saw Jong Kook.

"Jong Kook-ah....why are you standing there?" Jong Kook approached to his friends.

"Oppa...sit beside me!"

"No, I'm sorry...I'm gonna sit with Ji Hyo!"

"What? Jong Kook-ah...I know we made a bet but you don't have do that...you know..."

"You're afraid I'm gonna win right?" Jong Kook grinned.

"Aigoo! Do what you want!" Then Jong Kook went to the Ji Hyo and sat beside her but she didn't realize because her eyes was close. Lesson was about to start but her eyes were still close. Jong Kook slowly touched her shoulder but there was no movement from her. He slowly shaked her but still no movement.

"Song Ji Hyo...wake up! Are you dead or something?" This time he shocked her harshly. Ji Hyo finally lifted her head and looked at him with a cold eyes as always.

"What do you want?"

"Lesson is about to start! You can't sleep!" He said but Ji Hyo didn't say anything and closed her eyes again. Jong Kook was shocked.

"Yah! I said wake up!" He kept shaking her.

"Seriously!" She angrily looked at him.

"Oh my God! It's an emotion! I was starting to think you're a robot..." He teased.

"What do you want from me? Seriously! I'll give it to you! Just leave me alone okay?"

"Then...will you go out a dinner with me?" He smiled naughtily.

"Okay! Here's my number...send me the address! Now leave me alone okay?"

"Really?" He asked in suprise but Ji Hyo was already closing her eyes. "But still you can't sleep...you need to listen to lesson!"

"I don't know if you realize it but my notes better than all class...now be quiet!"

"You don't need to show off!" He said. 'Is she a genius or she's real robot? Anyway...Come my sweet revenge tonight!' He thought. He slowly stood up and went to his friends and told them what happened.

"Tonight...I'm gonna win the bet! "

"Jong Kook-ah...you said it when we first made this bet then you said the same thing one week ago and now you're saying the same thing...I'm not sure!"

"It will work this time...I know she's not gonna come to my home but I'm sure after a few drinks she probably won't remember anything! I'll send you to photos!" He smiled devilishly.

 

                                   ❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

Jong Kook sent her to adress and wanted meet at 7 but it was already 8.

"Where's she seriously?" Then decided to wait a little bit more. It was 9 pm. He pulled out his phone and tried to call her. After a few rang the the phone opened.

"Finally! Where are you baby?" Jong talked without hearing the other person voice.

"Who the hell are you? Why are you calling my wife and calling her baby?" It was a man voice.

"What? I...I was...looking for Song Ji Hyo!"

"There's no Song Ji Hyo or whatever here you jerk!" Then phone just hung up.

"No way...no way...she gave me the wrong number...no way! Song Ji Hyo...Song Ji Hyo...You're gonna pay for it! How can she deceive me?" He angrily stood up and left the place. He drove his car to her place.  After a heated he drive arrived to her place and got off the car as went to in front of her home door. He began to knock the door really hard but there was no one in the home.  Suddenly he hit his own head.

"This girl makes me crazy...seriously! She's working...stupid Jong Kook!"

                                   ❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

It was almost morning. Ji Hyo finished her work and went back to her home. She entered her home.She was about to go to her bed but someone knocked the door. She opened the door.

"What the hell!" It was the only sentence came out of after saw who was it. Jong Kook was in front of her with a smile on his face.

"Good morning...my tough princess! Can I come in?" He asked but entered the home without waiting her answer.

"Get out Kim Jong Kook!" She said but he ignored her and examined inside of the room.

" Are you moving or something? Why there's almost no stuff?" He looked at her for an answer but she just coldly stared at him back.

"Don't tell me you're staying here like this?"

"Get the hell out of here!"

"You know that I won't do that....especially after what you did to me last night! He sat on the floor next to her bed. Ji Hyo just sat on the her bed without talking. Jong Kook looked at her.Her eyes were looking tired.

"Are you gonna tell me why did you give me the wrong number and why didn't you come?"

"I didn't think you would actually believe what I say! You know what I can't understand you! You have a lot of girls to play with but you're choosing me...People didn't know I was exist until you talk to me!"

"There's nothing to understand maybe...it's just I care for you!"

"Don't lie to me! I really know when people are lying..." She said while looking in front of him. He turned his head and saw a photo frame. There was a man photo in the frame.

"Oh my God!" He said in suprise and stood up. He took the frame and smiled. After saw what he did Ji Hyo was so shocked and she was getting angry.

"Give it to me!" She seriously said.

"Wow! So our tough princess has a boyfriend! Then...you're not as tough as I think! But he's not handsome like me...you better broke up with him.." He teased. Everythig happened so fast. Jong Kook felt a pain on his cheek because Ji Hyo slapped him. He was so shocked and turned his head to told her something but he meet with a unexpected image. Her eyes were filled with tears. It hit him so hard. He felt some kind of pain in his heart. Suddenly Ji Hyo took the frame harsly in his hand.

"GET OUT! GET OUT!" She shouted.

"I'm...I'm....I.." He couldn't say anything.  Ji Hyo pushed him to outside and after she closed the door.

"Who was he? More importantly...why am I feeling like this? What did you do to me Song Ji Hyo?"

One week already passed. After that innicent at her home he never saw Ji Hyo again. She didn't come to the school neither pub. He couldn't go to her home. He was always thinking about her.

As always he was sitting with his friends on the campus. His friends were talking but he was in silence.

"Yes..yes...I think it's good! What do you think about it Jong Kook-ah?" One of his friend asked to him.

"Huh? What?"

"What's wrong with you? What are you looking at Jong Kook-ah?"

"It's just.....I was wondering if anyone had seen Ji Hyo in this week..."

"Ji Hyo? Wild girl? Why do you even care? " One of his friend said with a sniffy way.

"Baecause we made a bet but he's taking it so serious! I don't know if he just want to taste a wild girl or something!" He said while laughing. Jong Kook looked at them with a pissed expression.

"You know what? Just go and keep talking about your father money! I'm going!" He said them co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter