Chapter 3

Heaven To Hell

“Jaeyoon you need to be more careful when dealing with the demons. They obviously are stronger than we all thought. Your shoulders crushed too!” Chani was whispering softly towards his elder who wasn’t paying attention as he stared at Taeyang’s back.

“What about Tae. They obviously have corrupted his mind. He has no place in staying in Heaven if he still will obey a demon.” Jaeyoon whispered back. Chani looked up and noticed how far away Taeyang had been from them.

“He’s still the same, at least in my opinion. Don’t judge him for being confused. He is half demon after all.” Chani whispered back so only Jaeyoon could hear. Taeyang sighed to himself as he had heard the whole conversation, yet he didn’t feel betrayed like how he usually would. Almost like someone was blocking his emotions. Just as Chani was about to open his mouth again, a black shadow casted over Taeyang and the said boy vanished.

“What was that?” Jaeyoon asked Chani with wide eyes. The young angel sighed with a sad look.

“Someone from the holy church. They’ve been watching us all along I guess.” Chani frowned just as Jaeyoon started to speed up. “What is it Jae?” Chani asked as he kept up with the elder.

“If they took Taeyang, they might take Inseong too!” Jaeyoon said in a hurry as they sprinted to the nurse’s offices where they saw Inseong and Zuho talking as Hwiyoung and Rowoon spoke to the nurse sweetly. Just as the nurse walked out the two angels came running in.

“InSeong! They took Taeyang back to Heaven!” Chani yelled after Jaeyoon closed the door and locked it. InSeong stood up quickly as the demons looked amongst each other.

“You mean to be…” InSeong could finish his question because Youngbin and Dawon appeared in front of Hwiyoung.

“I saw them flying to heaven with Taeyang.” Dawon said casually as the Angels all gasped. Zuho could feel the tension growing.

“Why?” Zuho demanded sternly as he gave Dawon a glare.

“Because he's given you power over him. Which means he's accepted his demon side making him a threat to the church.” InSeong spoke slowly as he looked at his hands. “But if he's being taken… Then I should be taken too.” InSeong spoke quietly as he looked up at Jaeyoon and Chani. Zuho’s glare became intense as he looked between the Angels and his generals.

“We could help…” Youngbin whispered into Rowoon’s ear who nodded with a blank stare.

“Sire. I say we go to Heaven and retrieve Taeyang from them. He’s our responsibility now anyways.” Rowoon spoke towards Zuho but refused to cast his eyes towards the devil. “He's your own now.” Rowoon looked up, right into Zuho’s eyes and frowned. “Or do you think it doesn't matter.” It wasn't said as a question more as a statement making Hwiyoung glare at the general as the devil frowned.

“We’ll retrieve him.” Zuho spoke with authority just as another black shadow over casted the room blocking all windows and doors leading in or out of the room.

A man that looked far older than anyone the demons have ever seen stood in front of Jaeyoon and Chani as he scanned over the whole room and his eyes landed on Inseong who was frozen.

“Sir Simon!” Jaeyoon squeaked as he and Chani both bowed to the second highest ranking priest in the holy church. The priest gave a soft smile to the angel.

“Hello my boys. Inseong… I’m sorry, but the officials wish to speak with you and Taeyang.” Sir Simon sighed as he knew of the great guardian’s future.

“If I may interrupt.” Dawon spoke with ease as he appeared in front of the priest with a wicked smile. Sir Simon was taken back by the demon’s behavior and nodded. “What do you think will happen to Taeyang and Inseong?” Sir Simon could feel all eyes on him, but they felt demonic almost ghostly as he tried to calm himself.

“They will most likely find Taeyang as guilty of dishonor while, honestly I don’t know what they’ll do with Inseong. He is the highest ranking angel to ever live, I would hope they would be smart enough to not throw that away.” Sir Simon sighed, but was then greeted by a completely black canvas as he stared into Zuho’s eyes. The devil had transported to be right in the priest face. Sir Simon shivered and tried his best not to show weakness even though he knows of the hatred the new king of hell held for the heavens.

“You wish to explain what would happen if they do find MY Inseong guilty?” Zuho asked with a deep, demonic voice as he stared down the old priest. Inseong tugged on the Demon King’s wrist turning him around.

“They will burn me on a stake. Just like they will do to Taeyang. We have ruined the trust of the Heavens.” Inseong spoke softly as he felt Zuho’s arms hold him tightly in a hug. Sir Simon watched the scene play out and just shook his head.

“Takes us all back to Heaven, I want to speak with your officials. I won’t do anything drastic, I swear.” Zuho spoke towards the priest with his eyes glowing a soft yellow ashe held Inseong closely. Sir Simon nodded slowly as he teleported all the boys to the Holy Church.

“I’m going to regret this.” Sir Simon spoke nervously as he watched all the creatures walk into the officials hall where Taeyang was cuffed and hanged on a wall being judged by the ten officials.

“Excuse me, but I have a few questions for you.” Zuho spoke with confidence which shocked all the angels and made Taeyang look up even though he was in tremendous pain. Rowoon and Youngbin looked around them as they surveyed the area making notes of certain places. The officials all gasped as they caught sight of the Demon king.

“I never thought we’d be able to kill all the high ranks so soon!” one of the officials laughed  manically causing all the generals to surround their king protectively who was squinting.

“May I see who said that?” Zuho asked kindly as he continued to look at the row of officials who all started to whisper to one another before just staying quiet.

“It’s okay I know who said it.” Taeyang spoke weakly from his chains causing Rowoon to look towards the boy and felt rage overcome him but he stay calm.

“Shut him up!” One of the other officials demanded as an electrical shock was sent through the chains and shocked the half breed causing the him to cough up blood.

“And you say we’re cold hearted.” Hwiyoung spoke with distaste as Jaeyoon and Chani watched their close friend being electrocuted.

“This wouldn’t of happened if the boy had just agreed to our terms and stayed away from you.” Another official spoke sternly as everyone heard the scream that erupted from Taeyang who was still suffering.

“Stop! I was the one who had let him overstep his boundaries! Punish me instead!” Inseong screamed at the officials who all stared down at the great guardian.

“You, Inseong the Great Guardian of the Heavens, have been guilty of his own punishment and will only be able to take his own. You are sentenced the death by the state of the Heavens. We remove your title as the great guardian and we will remove you wings.” The officials said in unison as the guards had come out to capture Inseong.

“No!” Inseong screamed as he sent all the guards flying as he spread his wings flew towards the ceiling. He gave a look towards Zuho who smiled sweetly as he shot a flaming beam at Taeyang burning the chains and releasing the half breed. The official were screamed for more guards as the demon generals all burned the others. Rowoon had picked up Taeyang and carried the fallen boy tightly on his back as he stood behind the others. Hwiyoung and Youngbin where destroying anyone who were brave enough to come near as Dawon played with his prey before ripping off their heads. Jaeyoon and Chani watched as other less powerful angels came into the hall trying to take down Inseong who was struggling to fight the massive amount.

“Jaeyoon, I’m sorry.” Chani spoke softly as he squeezed the elders shoulder tightly before spreading his wings and flying up to help Inseong by blasting them with his wings gust. Jaeyoon noticed how there was a guard closing on to Youngbin as the other was fighting another guard. Jaeyoon sighed.

“We’re a team, we fight together and die together.” Jaeyoon burned the guard alive as he grabbed the others neck and setting him on fire while grinning. Youngbin grinned at the angel.

“You sure you’re not a demon?” Youngbin laughed as Jaeyoon smacked his arm playfully. Zuho flew up to protect Inseong and Chani as the amount of lower ranking angels increased.

“It’s sad to see someone own kind trying to kill them.” Hwiyoung spoke sadly as he watched Zuho encircle the two angels in his wings as he burned all the other angels to death sending them to their deaths. “Zuho! We must leave!” Hwiyoung yelled as he could tell the officials wanted to kill them all as soon as possible. Zuho nodded and un folded his wings and turned to the angels.

“We must leave to a safe place where they can’t come near you four.” Zuho spoke seriously as Inseong nodded desperately while Chani gave the demon king a scared look. “We’re going to Hell.” Zuho spoke sternly as he grabbed the two and disappeared. Jaeyoon shook his head.

“I’m not going there!” Jaeyoon yelled as he was being pulled by Youngbin with Rowoon standing next to them. Taeyang was watching Jaeyoon with tired eyes as he rested on Rowoon’s back.

“Jae. You’ll die here, just come.” Taeyang asked sweetly making Jaeyoon sighed and let the demons disappear with them. As they entered Hell, they were all transported into different room without any other angel. Jaeyoon stared at Youngbin with distrust.

“We don’t have guest rooms. We will build them later. You have to stay in my room for now.” Youngbin spoke with a sigh as he knew he had the worst one of the angels. Jaeyoon surprisingly just nodded and sat down on the rather large bed and took in the large room.

“Are we sharing the bed?” Jaeyoon asked as he saw no other place to sleep except the recliner chairs that sat in front of a TV in the middle of the room. “You guys have TV here? How?” Jaeyoon questioned again as Youngbin laid on his bed.

“Yes we have to share the bed and yes we have TV here. It’s our own actually. We used to just have the human’s TV but they are boring so we decided to put people in charge of making a new version TV to fit our taste.” Youngbin coughed slightly as he realized the amount of injuries he had gathered from the fight before.

“Are you okay?” Jaeyoon asked quietly as Youngbin gave the other a look.

“Yes I’m fine. Are you the same person?” Youngbin asked seriously as he was very confused. Jaeyoon frowned.

“I am. I just figured fighting now would be pointless. And trying to protect the Heavens is worthless if they want to kill me now.” Jaeyoon spoke slowly as he laid down beside the demon. “I’m also just very tired.” Jaeyoon had let his eyes close. Youngbin closed his eyes knowing very well he will need to rest for his injuries to heal so he drifts into sleep.

-in Rowoon’s room-

“Taeyang they’re fine. Jaeyoon is with Youngbin, Chani is with Hwiyoung and of course Zuho has Inseong. Just please rest.” Rowoon spoke softly as he placed a damp towel on the angels forehead.

“I’m just worried. I feel like this is all my fault.” Taeyang spoke quietly as he observed Rowoon.

“You know, it wasn’t your fault nor was it anyone’s. You have it in you DNA to bow to Zuho. He’s your king.” Rowoon smiled. “Actually here you will be well liked, the others as well. But you will be the people’s favorite since you are of demon descent.” Rowoon smiled as sweetly as he possibly could as Taeyang looked up at him with wide eyes.

“Will I be able to see my parents again?” Taeyang asked cutely while Rowoon healed the others burn marks from the chains.

“I would say most likely, yes. But I would have to go with you. It’s for safety purposes obviously, but also the fact that we can’t bring anyone in here unless accepted by the royal family, as in Hwiyoung, Zuho and their great grandmother.” Rowoon frowned. Taeyang gave him a sideways look.

“Why do you all resort back to a frown after having such a sweet smile on, at least for a demon.” Taeyang giggled as Rowoon frowned deeply.

“It’s how our facial features relax. The humans call it a resting face. I say it’s the most suitable for us to have since you know we’re supposed to be these horrible creatures that kill millions every year.” Rowoon was speaking with a smile on his face but had venium on his tongue as he continued to heal the half breed.

-Hwiyoung’s room-

“Um… Hwiyoung sir?” Chani asked softly as he was hugging his knees to his chest as he watched Hwiyoung move and rearrange his room for Chani to be able to feel comfortable.

“Hm?” Hwiyoung answered the angel with little interest. Chani sighed.

“Does this mean we have to stay here for the rest of our lives?” Chani asked softly and noticed how Hwiyoung refused to look at him.

“Well I guess so, as long as the officials want to kill you. Zuho will want to protect you at all costs so…” Hwiyoung sighed as he noticed how Chani sat uncomfortably on the large bed.

“You know… I kind of wished I had more time to get to know others so I wouldn't feel so left out with my friends.” Chani whispered as he clutched the sheets. Hwiyoung frowned and walked over to the Angel.

“What do you mean by you feel left out?” Hwiyoung asked as the younger froze slightly.

“Well I don't know if you knew this or not but I'm the youngest of all the Angels to have been a guardian. No one has wer had the amount of traditional power as I have at such a young age. Which meant I was brought into this field and was with the strongest Angels. I was feared and no one would really confront me or speak to me except my friends and the higher ups. InSeong, Taeyang, and Jaeyoon have all done… Stuff… And I haven't even really experienced anything along the lines of that.” Chani spoke quickly and hoped to have been ignored or misunderstood by the demon king's brother. Hwiyoung frowned deeper.

“You've never even kissed someone? Wait. The other Angels have all had !” Hwiyoung asked surprisingly shocked. Chani looked at the demon with wide eyes and nodded.

“Haven't you all?” Chani asked softly. Hwiyoung laughed loudly.

“Of course but we never would of thought Angels of such a high statue was allowed to .” Hwiyoung was laughing so hard he snorted making Chani giggle. “But it's whatever anyways. At least now I don't need to worry about the Angels being taken advantage of.” Chani raised an eyebrow. “Don't worry. But have you ever even liked someone enough to want to do anything with them, since you know, you are young.” Hwiyoung asked with a smirk on his face.

“Well…” Chani gave Hwiyoung a longing look before the young angel lowered his gaze to the demon's lips. “I did have one person I wanted to at least kiss. He was a lower ranked angel, and I tried to speak to him but he was terrified and ran away.” Chani looked down. Hwiyoung’s eyes turned green as he watched the Angels face contort into a pained look  as he held back tears.

“Well he wasn't worth your time them.” Hwiyoung smiled. Chani was now staring at Hwiyoung’s eyes.

“Why does only yours and Zuho’s eyes change color?” Chani asked weakly. Hwiyoung pursed his lips and frowned.

“It was a trait passed down by our father. He was the offspring of a mix breed. Our grandfather had him with an angel but our grandmother was killed by your church. Now so was our mom and our dad must be dead by now as well. Our eyes change with our moods. Black means angry, purple means love or admiration, red means lust, pink means trust, green means sympathy, gray means sad,  white means happy or mischievous, blue means… Well you don't need to know that.” Hwiyoung grinned as Chanu took notes of the different meaning.

“So you feel sympathy for me?” Chani asked smiling. Hwiyoung’s eyes sparkled as they turned to white and he grinned.

“Well I would say I feel no sympathy towards you but more towards your lack of experience. It's a shame, you are an adorable little toy.” Hwiyoung grinned as he turned around to walk away, but was stopped by a small hand grabbing his elbow.

“If you feel that way about it, why don't you help me with my lack of experience, you seem rather skilled from what I have gathered.” Chani stated with a glint in his eye. Hwiyoung just stared at the angel for a minute contemplating.

“I would have to warn you though. Demon’s have rather big packages, and when they're in it's horrible to pull out after the deed is almost done. You know how werewolves have knots we have a similar thing that we can't move for a while after until ours goes back to regular size. It's painful and I wouldn't want to hurt you.” Hwiyoung spoke cautiously. Chani just smiled cutely.

“I'm okay with that. Just stretch me out.” Hwiyoung's eyes widen. Chani giggled. “Think about it okay? Go back to whatever you were doing before.” Chani pushed the demon away as Hwiyoung nodded dumbly before going back to cleaning and making space for the angel.

-Zuho’s room-

“Zuho… I understand you like me but I don't think ripping my clothes off and pinning me to the bed was the best thing to do.” InSeong giggled as the scene in front of him was quite a sight.

Zuho had brought InSeong to his room after escaping Heaven. He had been sitting on his bed watching InSeong look around before he had lost his self control and grabbed InSeong by his waist and kissed the angel deeply. He had then taken off all of the Angels clothing and had thrown him towards the bed and pinned him down.

“I'm sorry,” Zuho whispered as he continued to and the Angel's neck. “You were just so distracting and enticing that I just wanted a bite.” Inseong rolled his eyes and giggled.

“Well at least take your clothes off too.” Inseong grabbed the devil’s shirt tightly and tried to pull it up but a knock on the door caused him to freeze while Zuho growled.

“I ing told them to leave me the alone for the rest of the day.” Zuho was grunting as he opened the door just to see one of the higher ranking warriors standing sheepishly in front of his door with blood stained across his face. Inseong looked up from his spot on the bed and frowned. The devil just stared down the warrior.

“Hello Sire,” The warrior got down onto his knees and bowed. He looked back up at the devil and sighed. “The humans are demanding to know why the Heavens are declaring war. When our high warriors told them we were fighting no war with the Heavens they attacked causing us to have to murder over thousands of humans without your command. It was either we die or fight, and they had killed warrior ZhouMi… so we decided to take revenge.” The warrior quickly told his lord. Zuho’s expression hardened at the mention of deaths. The warrior heard the sound of someone inside the room and took a glance past his sire and saw the basically angel. The warrior’s eyes bugged out of his head as he backed up slightly.

“Inseong come here please.” Zuho spoke softly even though the warrior could tell the devil was not pleased. Inseong approached the devil calmly and wrapped his arms around the devil’s chest.

“Hmm?” Inseong hummed cutely even though he could see the warrior’s reddening cheeks because of lack of clothing.

“You should wear this, cover yourself. Wearing only underwear is only for in front of me. Okay baby?” Zuho asked sweetly as he took off his own shirt and put it on Inseong’s tiny body. The shirt hung like a rather short dress on the angel.

“Of course.” Inseong giggled. Zuho then looked back at the warrior.

“So you are saying the humans feel the need to get involved with something that they have no part in anyways? And they decided to kill my father’s most loyal warrior. No one else died?” Zuho asked as the warrior quickly nodded. “Good. did you kill all the humans who were there?” Zuho asked again but this time the warrior hesitated.

“Only three escaped. All were boys and were moderately teenagers, but the fact that they had the audacity to summon us and fight was unnerving. Like these humans seem to think they have some upper hand when we’re the ones that could kill them in an instant.” The warrior explained with an angered expression. Inseong frowned.

“Humans are really like that? Huh, you see angels never actually got that close to humans. The closest I got was for the trio to earth to watch over you.” Inseong poked Zuho’s cheek. Zuho smiled fondly at Inseong.

“Humans are disgusting creatures and don’t understand what they are doing. They have killed so many beautiful things. And the Heavens know this and that’s most likely why they hide their angels from them. But luckily if we do have to fight the Heavens and the humans we have our power and now the four strongest angels to help us.” Zuho held Inseong tightly. The warrior bowed again.

“You must be the great guardian angel, Inseong. You are so strong that even the demons of this realm would love to just see you. They admire your abilities.” The warrior smiled happily while seeing Inseong giggle. Zuho smirked.

“They better, he’s my other half, the Queen of Hell. He deserves respect and adoration everywhere he goes. Or else. And let everyone know.” Zuho spoke sternly but not rudely to the warrior who smiled and bowed before standing up and leaving.

“You’re surprisingly a whole lot nicer to your kind than the officials are to us.” Inseong sighed as he rested his small frame on the devil’s back. Zuho smiled and lifted the angel onto his back and carried him back inside the room, closing the door.