Hope & Legacy

TVXQ Ice Universe

Title: Hope & Legacy
Author: userinfo.gif?v=17080?v=145.5kyouya3/kyouya-sama
Length: Drabble
Pairing: Junsu-???
Rating: PG13
Genre: Drama, Romance, Sport
A/N: The title is credited to Yuzuru Hanyu's Free Program 2016-2017. storyline inspired by Yuri on Ice and Yuzuru obviously. This's a skating drabble, I'm no expert but ask me question/ give suggestion if you want. Also give me suggestion to pair Junsu with whom! 

Hope & Legacy

A stringed musical instrument echoed through the big venue as a lone figure slide down the edge of his pair of blade. The audience’s eyes were all into his movement as every curve he danced threw amusement toward everyone’s faces. He’s lean, yet so firm with all his movement. Confidence was true his virtue, yet that were also a mask. He had different mask every time he met the audience.

“Kim Junsu!” a high-pitched voice echoed through the air. Some hushed such disturbance to this beautiful less than five minutes program. Yet, it made Junsu smiled softly as he moved backward and did his first jump. It was a combination, triple toe loop and triple toe.

Another instrument followed the piano and made such a dramatic effect of his jumps. The audience cheered when Junsu followed with a spin combination, but Junsu’s attention was all on a certain direction. To the only man that changed him and made him whole again. He never knew such thing was possible, that man made it possible.

He flew back few meters as he danced according to the music. He had remembered every part of the routine. He could even dance with eyes closed, because his body and heart remembered. This was possibly the best feelings he had ever since he started skating when he was six.

Again, this was all thanks to that certain man that changed his life forever. That person saved him from himself.

Dancing on the ice with jump combination was tiring even for professional skater like him. However, it was almost through half the song and he wasn’t feeling tired at all. Instead, he could feel fire burning inside of him as every piece of memories he had been through came into his mind.

Training was hard, he hurt himself occasionally, his whole body was sore; yet, he could never stop because being on the ice, dancing on the ice, connected him with that person.

‘Thank you for bringing me here…’ Junsu said silently in his heart as he did a quadruple lutz. The audience cheered again as Junsu smiled. He did Ina Bauer, riding through the of his performance, followed with another quadruple salchow, his signature move. Yet, he didn’t let it end; he made it a combination with one loop and triple toe.

The audience screamed but all Junsu could hear was the music. He did all his jumps perfectly as he almost didn’t have any recollection doing them. It was like his body and mind had become one with the music. When he opened his eyes, the song ended and so was his free skating program. He bowed to the judges and to the audience, before finally met the gaze of that person.

‘Come…’ that person mouthed the words as Junsu skated toward the exit gate, into that person’s arms. Hope & Legacy was his theme for this performance because that person showed him hope and made him able to leave a legacy of his skating career.