medicine

Snippets of Sunshine

Beep. Beep. Beep. The beeping of the heart monitor jolts Taehyung up from his nap. White walls. White curtains. Wind rattling the windows.Taehyung panics and rapidly looks around the room searching for any clues as to where he is. His gaze lands upon two empty beds to the left of the one (he now realizes) he is occupying, a flat-screen tv affixed to the wall in front of him, and a bright yellow armchair off to the other side of the room.

“Okay. Hospital. I think. I’m in a hospital. That’s normal...right?” Taehyung calms down after this observation, but panics once again because “What! Why am I in a hospital? Last thing I know, I was driving and….a car was coming towards me….huh. Did I get into an accident? That might explain the soreness...” As Taehyung continues to panic, he hears a soft knock on the door before a young, tall (but not tall as him) man dressed in a long, white coat steps in. “Ah, this must be my doctor. He'll tell me what happened."  As he stares at the approaching man, he notes that the other has sharp features, but the sharpness is softened by kind eyes and a heart-shaped smile.

In short, Taehyung realizes his doctor is very, very attractive and very, very much his type. The man finally stands right next to him and he hears "Hi, Taehyung. I’m your doctor, Jung Hoseok. How are you feeling?”. It's only been less than a minute that Hoseok has come in, but Taehyung already feels like any medicine he’ll receive will pale in comparison to the effect of Hoseok’s smile.