Falling In Love With The Boss' Niece (Part 2)

Snippets of Love

 

Falling in love with the boss’ niece is very difficult. That was what Sungmin realized when he started courting Sunny after their DJ stint at Chunji Radio. Sunny told him that his uncle did not allow her to go on a date or have a boyfriend yet. She asked him to keep their relationship in secrecy from his uncle. There were a couple of times when they were almost caught by the president. Fortunately, Sunny was quick enough to make some excuses.

 

The first time was when they were talking with each other on the phone and calling each other’s pet names.

 

“Sunny-bunny…”

 

“Minnie-bun-“ Sunny suddenly stopped when her uncle came inside the room without knocking.

 

“Mini-buns, so you mean there are no available mini-buns?”

 

“Mini-buns? What are you talking about?” Sungmin asked over the phone and then he realized that maybe Lee Soo Man seonsaengnim was there.

 

The second time was when Sunny was preparing her Christmas gift for Sungmin, a pink mug with the letters LSM embedded on it. Lee Soo Man saw the mug and asked Sunny about what “LSM” stood for.

 

“Uncle, isn’t it obvious? Of course, it stands for Lee Soo Man. It’s for you…Merry Christmas!” Sunny lied. She guessed she just have to give Sungmin another gift.

 

“Why is it pink?”

 

“It’s the only color available.” She quickly said trying not to be flustered.

------------------

 

However, love will always find a way for it to be expressed. Sungmin secretly asked Kim Jungbae and Kenzie to make a song for Sunny and then they use it in Super Junior-Happy’s mini-album. In the MV shooting of Cooking? Cooking!, Sungmin convinced the members and managers to feature Sunny in the MV because she suits their concept. He even got a bonus because Sunny’s voice was also featured in the song.

 

During the Super Show 2 concert, he asked Shindong to shout her name at the end of the Sunny song just to remind her that that song was for her. As much as he wanted to do that personally, he could not. It would be way too obvious.  The other SNSD members who watched the concert nudged and and she just smiled and blushed.

 

However as time passed, the aegyo couple could sense that the president must have noticed it already for they have observed that someone seemed to be pulling the strings behind just to keep them away from each other.

 

In the SPAO photoshoot, the photographer paired them together because they thought that they were a perfect match. They took pictures of them standing close to each other with their hands in each other’s waist. However, on the next photoshoot, the staff did not put them together anymore.

 

“I thought you said we’re a perfect match,” Sungmin told one of the staff.

 

“Sorry, we’re just obeying orders…”

 

So it happened. Sunny was paired with Kyuhyun.

 

During their rehearsals for SBS collaboration, Sunny overheard the staff talking about how she should not be paired with Sungmin, no matter what. She just let it pass until the news of several Super Junior members joining WGM spread like a wildfire in the SNSD’s dorm causing restlessness everywhere.

 

Sunny could not take it anymore. She got enough of her uncle’s secret tactics. She drove her car straight to SM headquarters and stormed into his uncle’s office. Lee Soo Man was shocked when the door burst open and revealed Sunny with knitted eyebrows and her tongue poking inside her cheek, a gesture that his uncle knew very well.

 

“Uncle, what’s with this Pitty Pat Pat Shake thing?” Sunny asked.

 

“Sunkyu, it’s –“

 

“It’s Sunny,” Sunny corrected him.

 

“Anyway, the show’s name is Pit-A-Pat-Shake and will you please stop doing that?” Lee Soo Man told her.

 

“Doing what?”

 

“Stop rolling your tongue inside your cheek!!!”

 

“Are you telling me not to be angry, uncle?”

 

“Yes, and why do you need to be angry? Are you angry because Sungmin is there? Are you two dating?” Lee Soo Man asked, his eyes almost bulging out of the socket.

 

“Uncle, yes.” Sunny confessed. “Obviously this is one of your tactics to keep me away from him. For God’s sake, I am already 23. Can I have some freedom to love a man?”

 

At her confession, his uncle began his sermon and started whining his “I’m-your-father-figure-here-you-should-at-least-talk-with-me-about-it” speech. Then as his closing remark, he paged his assistant to call Lee Sungmin and ask him to come to his office, saying that they have a serious thing to talk about. He added that he must come alone.

-----------------

 

“Breathe in, breathe out,” Sungmin told himself as he stood in front of Lee Soo Man’s office.He was known as “I-can-do-anything” Sungmin because amazingly, he can do just anything in a breeze from singing, dancing, playing instruments to magic tricks, babysitting, flairtending, bubble making, and pizza turning. Now, why can’t he face the president? Why can’t he do it?

 

“Easy Sungmin, you can make it through this.”He continued to pep talk himself. Aish, why can’t he bring some backup? But he quite had a doubt if they would be a help to ease his nervousness because all that they said to him before he left were words like “Good Luck to his wrath,” “We’ll pray for your limbs. I bet he got the whole gangster by his side,” “I think it will not be as bad since you learned martial arts. You can defend yourself,” “We hope we can see you again.” Thank you members, that was very encouraging. It really lifted his spirits.

 

“For the love of Sunny, here I come,” He said determinedly as he opened the door. He found Sunny sitting in front of her uncle.

 

“Sunny, can you go out for a while. We need to talk man-to-man.”

 

“But-“

 

“Sunkyu…”

 

Sunny looked anxiously at Sungmin and he just gave her his reassuring smile. “It’ll be fine.”

 

The door behind them closed and Lee Soo Man started interrogating the Super Junior member. He motioned him to sit and Sungmin did as he was told to do.

 

“How much do you love my niece?’ LSM asked.

 

“I love her with all my heart and soul, seonsaengnim.” Sungmin replied looking straight to his eyes.

 

“No matter what happens, will you be there for her? Can you protect her?”

 

“Always, sir. I’ll protect Lee SunKyu with all that I can.”

 

“Will your love remain steadfast despite everything?”

 

“My love for Sunny will remain forever.” Sungmin answered without hesitation.

 

“Let’s see then. I’ll challenge you to prove it to me. This Pit-a-Pat Shake will be the first. If your love will stay strong and not be moved, I’ll give you my blessing. That mug over there,” he pointed at the pink mug with letters LSM on it. “I will give it to you. I know that it’s for you as my sign of officially accepting you.”

 

“I’ll accept it seonsaengnim.”

 

He opened the door and he was met by Sunny who was nervously pacing back and forth in front of the office.

 

“Sungmin-oppa, what did uncle say?”

 

“It’s fine. He just wants to be sure that I will love you and never hurt you.” Sungmin smiled while putting his arms over her shoulder. “How about let’s talk it over coffee. Let’s go to Kona Beans. I will have a private room reserved. Let’s pass at the back door.”

---------------

 Days later…

 

“Haven’t you heard? Your two favorite dongsaengs are going to be in a musical together. I heard they will be paired.” Lee Soo Man informed him teasingly as they met at the hallway of SM Entertainment.

 

Afterwards he began searching on the net and there he found out that Kyuhyun and Sunny were casted in Catch Me if You Can musical. Kyuhyun did not mention it to him. LSM really wanted to test him. But he still could not help the sudden jealousy inside him. He watched that movie and he knew how the male lead could be such a flirt and  charismatic to girls.

 

Two strikes for Kyuhyun. The first strike was during SMA where Sunny gave him the pink roses. Did he not get the hint? The roses were pink because it’s supposed to be for him. He was supposed to give it to him. But there he was head over heels searching for the SNSD’s maknae to give it to her.

 

Now, he was going to be paired with Sunny but yet he did not tell him.

 

Minutes later, Kyuhyun went to the room he shared with Sungmin. He opened it and found Sungmin practicing with his nunchucks with a deadly scary expression.

 

“Why are you practicing those?” Kyuhyun asked nervously.

 

“Who knows? I might use it to someone. By the way, I heard you have a new musical with Sunny.” Sungmin said. Now, Kyuhyun knew the reason for his cranky mood. “You’re the male lead right? So what’ is Sunny’s role?”

 

“Fe-fe-female lead,” This was the first time he stuttered in front of his hyungs (perhaps it’s because of the nunchucks) aside from Leeteuk (Leeteuk had the ability to scare and torture him with his words when he used to scold him during the first months that he joined Suju). He usually had that cool composure and he could always remain calm and could think of an immediate witty remark to counter with them.

 

“Do you have any romantic scenes together?” Sungmin asked, his tone more manly and scary than ever.

 

“I-I don’t know yet. They surely would do some adjustments to it.”

 

“Liar!!!”

 

Kyuhyun knew that he would refuse to listen to whatever he would say and he did not want to deal with an angry Sungmin with the nunchuck so he made a run for it.

 

“Hey, maknae, you evil come back here!!!” Sungmin said running after him all over the dorm.

 

“C-catch me if you can…” the maknae called back. “HYUNGS!!! Help!!!”

 

No one knows how long this could go on. As time goes by, it makes Sungmin more and more frustrated each day. Falling in love with the boss’ niece makes him go crazy.

---------------------