Can You Feel It?

Can You Feel It?

Dahyun POV

 

Why must it be this way?
Why do you always choose others and not me? Why do you never see me as one who could date you? It's not enough for me to be just the playful friend, I can be a serious unnie or whatever you want, only you don't see that we are a perfect match, but is it that the problem is that we have so much in common? I've always loved you Chaeyoung, since when we met that summer, your short hair, tanned skin and big double-eyed eyes caught my eye, everything about you draws me. I knew it was not good to have romantic feelings for you because I might get hurt but I still had a little bit of hope. A hope that just died because you killed it, Chaeyoung, you ruined everything, you didn't see what I feel and it hurts me so much.

Flashback on

Chaeyoung and I are studying in the school library for oncoming tests, Chaeyoung seems very concentrated in her study because she didn't detach the eyes of the book. I decide to get your attention to ask what she plans to wear at the Tzuyu costume party.

"Hey, Chaeyoung, what costume are you going to the party with?" - I ask in almost a whisper and quickly she looks at me.

- White swan, since the Mina is dressed in black swan. She answers and looks back at the book. My eyes jumped in surprise, I'm a bit shocked at what I just heard.


- What? Have you two already arranged that? I say with a shocked expression on my face.

"Yeah." Chaeyoung doesn't even bother looking at me, it really hurts my heart.

"But ... But what about me?" - this time my voice grew louder because of the irritation that grew in me.

- You what? She looks at me with a confused face. She's really pretending she didn't understand. What an idiot. I don't answer her, I get up, putting my books in my backpack and I'm leaving.

Flashback off


How could you not care about me? How dare you put me off while you planned things with Mina? You don't know how it hurt to see you next to her at that damn party. Why did you choose her and not me? Don't you know I'm your pair? This is so obvious. Argh, dammit! Those are just things in my head.

I don't talk like before with Chaeyoung after what happened, I ignore and avoid her as much as I can. It's hard for me to get away from her but it's necessary because I need to forget what I feel, she sees me just as a friend and I was thinking that something was going on between us just because of our complicity and closeness.

She's been in my house these past few days because her parents traveled and she could not go because of school, even so I don't say more than necessary, I know she already noticed my change from the beginning and I know that One hour or another she'll start the conversation that I'm not in the mood for.


==== / / ====


"Dahyun unnie, what are you doing after school?" I just ignore the question and keep packing my backpack.

- Dubu? - Chaeyoung tries to make me look at her, but I just play the backpack on the back lightly tapping her as she walks away and I keep walking out of the room.

"Unnie, what did I do to you?" Please tell me why you don't want to talk to me anymore. - she holds my arm lightly bringing me back into the room, I don't want to look at her, I know what will end up happening, I remain silent staring at the floor.


"I miss the old Dahyun you used to be, the one who doesn't ignore me. Her voice came low in a sad tone.

"I can't be that way Chaeyoung, I don't know ..." I still keep my head down.


- What did I do wrong? Our friendship was perfect and suddenly you changed completely. She says as she raises my chin and makes me look at her.

I sigh and gather all the courage in me.

"Really Chaeyoung? You can't see a hand in front of your face." I push her hand away from me.

"And what am I not seeing?" She stares at me with a confused look.


"I can't take it any longer, you don't realize my true feelings for you, even if it's as clear as water. I didn't expect you would push me aside to stick with Mina, you like her, great. Things will be like this from now on." My heart feels like it's going to explode right now.

"I-I don't know what to say, unnie. I...


- You don't know anything, you never know, just leave me alone, you don't have to say anything because I don't want to talk with you. "I'm going to the door."

"I want to end this conversation, don't run away from me, why are you so mad at me?" - she pulls me making me turn and stay closer to her, I can feel her breathing now.

"I'm sad and angry because you hurts me, okay?" I love you more than a friend and probably everyone knows this except you, even with our intense looks you didn't notice anything. You better let me get away from you. "I could not hold it anymore, I throw the words all at once and cover my face with both hands, I don't want her to see me cry.

- Unnie. - she calmly grabs my right hand and guides it against the left side of her chest. Can you feel it? She wipes away my tears that were now exposed.

I just nodded as I felt her heart pounding.

"You don't know that this is what happens every time you're close to me, my heart beats hard and I don't know what to do." Chaeyoung's eyes were closed and I see a tear rolling slowly down her face. "The truth is that I love you, unnie, I didn't know how to act since I was not sure if you felt the same, you are the most incredible girl that I know and is so affectionate with all our friends. How could I think I would have chances with you? I didn't want to fool myself and then I started acting like an idiot. Unnie, please forgive me." She abruptly bends down to her knees and hugs my legs.


"Chaeng, please get up, you don't need to do this." I can hear a sob as Chaeyoung continues to hold me with her head resting on my leg.

"Will you forgive me and promise never to ignore me again?"

"Of course, how could I say no to my love?"  I lower myself and hug her making her sit on the floor next to me.

- I love you unnie, I have no eyes for anyone but you.

Her eyes didn't stray from mine and she moved closer and closer to me, my heart still pounding because it is so close to our first kiss and right here on the floor, I hope my mother doesn't come in here now, Nothing can ruin this moment.
She puts a lock of my hair behind my ear and kiss  my lips and slowly deepening the kiss, I put my arms around her neck and I pull her a little closer to me, the kiss was starting to get more and more needy, I wanted to convey all my love and affection through this, but we separated for lack of air.

Now I'm feeling my face burn a bit, I'm probably blushing as Chaeyoung is staring at the floor with an embarrassed smile. We hold hands and get up, I guide her hand up to my chest so she can feel the beating of my heart.

"Can you feel it? This is how my heart beats when I'm with you." I say with my eyes fixed on Chaeyoung's that gives a  peck on my lips.

- I'm glad things are clear between us.


"Me too, but now let's go before we get late for class." I pull Chaeyoung by the hand to get out of the house.

We walk to school because it is not too far from where I live. When we are a few feet away from arriving, Chaeyoung wraps her arms around my waist hugging me from behind, I really like when she does this.

"Now you can't deny me that ice cream after we're out of school." - she says close to my ear.


"It's ok, but whoever gets to school last, will pay." I let go of her embrace and start running.