All this Time

All This Time

“Hurry up!” Jimin grabbed your arm and dragged you to the back of his car.

“Alright what is it?” You tried to match his pace.

He popped the trunk and you looked at him “So.. what do you think?” His eyes eager for an answer.

You stepped back a little “Wow, Jimin.. I’m speechless. It's.. it’s—“

“Beautiful. I know.” He cut you off. “I know what my girl wants..” he smirked mischievously.

“Wow, Jimin you really.. stepped up your game this time” you said as he locked the trunk.

“Come on, get dressed, we'll be late” he ushered you back to your doorstep.

“Aw come on, I barely got sleep today” you complained

“Please Y/N!” Jimin looked at you with his puppy eyes and that was it, who could resist Jimin? Not even the members.

You sighed. “Ughhh, alright.” You turned and obliged, but before you got in he called your attention.

“Hey, do you think.. uhmm” his eyes were nervous.

“What?” You added pressure

“Do you think, this time.. she’ll like it? No, do you think she'll realize now?” His face turned serious.

“With all your efforts, Jimin, those bouquets of flowers, the chocolates, and this whole surprise?” You looked at his soft features “I hope she would, Jimin”

He smiled heartily. A smile you can't call yours. It was a mix of delight and pain seeing your bestfriend pursue the girl he likes. You were happy for him, but there wasn’t a time you didn’t wished it was you.

 

 

“So, why am I here again?” You asked him

“I just want you to be there when it happens” he smiled, not taking his eyes off the road.

“Do you ever think, that maybe.. because I'm always with you, that they reject you?”

“Are you saying that you look like my girlfriend?” He glanced at you and giggled, his ears getting red. “But we'd make a pretty good couple, don't you think?” His voice low, almost like talking to himself.

“W-what are you saying?! ha-ha” you slapped his arm in defense. He caught you off guard

“What? We get along pretty well, If I was you, I would date me.” He flashed you a smile that went up to his eyes.

“Really?” You rolled your eyes. “Seriously, don't take me with you next time.” You said on a serious thought.

His smile went down and his brows furrowed “what's wrong with bringing you?”

“I don't know, it's weird! You can't take another girl to ask a girl out, I mean what am I? Can you tell me why I'm here?” You raised your voice, trying to understand what Jimin is trying to do “I can't always be here with you Jimin! I'm not your chaperone.” You let out a sigh.

Jimin was quiet, his face free from expression, but at the same time he had this cold aura that surrounded him.

That was it. You ed up.

.

“All I'm saying is that you need to approach her without me. Jimin, I'm just your bestfriend, women are very easy to misunderstand, and I don't want to ruin that for you and the girl you like.” You explained calmly

Jimin made a hard turn and you hit your head on the window

“Oh my god Jimin calm down!” You seated properly and held on to your seatbelt, soon enough you realized you were headed back to your house.

That's it.

 

“Get out.” It was the only thing he said before he drove away from your house.

Is he that upset?

You were just trying to save yourself from further pain, you can't get the jealous feeling out of you, you didn't want to have such dishonest feelings.

His jokes were too much for you

You can't help but feel envious that he loves someone else when you believed that you were there first.

You were mad that you didn't make the first move

You were upset that you were always there to support

You were upset that you lied to yourself

Now you end up being alone, with your own sadness you dwell.

 

It pained you to see Jimin smiling with someone else.

 

 

 

You choked on your last spoon of ice cream as your phone rang, you set the ice cream tub aside and picked up the phone.

Who could be calling at 2 am?

 

“Hello?”

“Hmm.. I'm guessing it went well?” You recognized Namjoon’s voice

“What?”

“So.. how are you guys?” You can hear namjoon's smirk from the other line

“What are you talking about namjoon? Are you sure you're calling the right person?”

“Uhh.. this is Y/N right? Yes I am correct.”

“Then, what are you going on about?” Annoyance laced your voice

“You mean.. wh-what? Then- what!? You are not with Jimin right now?” The panic evident from his voice

“He hasn't come back? Maybe she stayed with the girl!” You suggested

“W-what girl?” You hear scrambling from the other line

“You know, the one he was supposed to surprise today?”

You heard silence for a minute “Still there?”

“Aishh really Y/N! How can you be so clueless?”

“What?” You were confused

“I'll go look for him, aish really.” He ended the call

 

He's missing?

What the hell are you doing Jimin

Where the hell are you?

You scrambled to get your things and head straight to where he was meeting with the girl.

You were nervous the moment you stepped out of the bus

Was he rejected again?

How dare she reject Jimin

Jimin If you come crying to me again I will drag that girl back to you.

I swear to god if he's crying..

Your thoughts stopped when you saw the park lit with lights, you felt like you were walking in a dream, the lights twinkled like stars did.

You followed the pathway of petals that led to a bench.

You saw Jimin, surrounded by dozens of flowers, alone.

Jimin was slouched and his head was resting on the back rest of the bench, his back facing you.

Your heart broke seeing him broken like this, you hesitated to approach him.

 

You breathed deeply

 

You approached him slowly, you looked at his inverted face

The surprise in his face quickly ensued, he stood up.

“Y-Y/N.. why are you here?” His eyes and nose were red from crying, and you wouldn't miss his cheeks that were stained pink.

“N-namjoon called..” you looked down and sighed “okay, I'm sorry.”

“I'm sorry too.” His voice was soft, he sat down and returned to his original position.

“Hey, that's okay. There are people who'll love you as much as you love them, don't hurry, they'll come soon” you talked as if you were some love expert

“I just don't get it. I've given all these hints for the past months and she still doesn't get it. Why can't she see that I love her more than what she thinks?” Jimin adjusted his head to face you, he looked deep into your eyes.

You couldn't keep staring at him, you averted your eyes from him

“Then why don't you just tell her directly?” You looked at the distance

“What if she doesn't accept me? What if I lose her forever?”

“I'm sure she won't, Jimin you're the sweetest guy I know. Have you even tried telling her?” You looked at him

“Well.. no.”

“Then that's your problem.” You got up from your seat and grabbed two bouquets from the ground “I'll take these, just so it won't go to waste. You should go home and think.” You turned around to go home, you couldn't handle the pain anymore.

You fought back the tears that were starting to form. you walked faster.

“Take them, it's for you.” You heard Jimin

“Ah, yeah. Just like old times. I'll take your rejected flowers with me” you said without looking back, you started walking faster when you felt him approaching

“I mean it. It's for you.”

You stopped your tracks

“I love you, Y/N”

You felt his trembling hands on your shoulders as he spun you to face him

“It's you I'm stressing about. It’s you. All of those restaurant reservations was for you, I waited for you to come to me eventually. All the flowers I have bought were really meant for you, you didn’t realize you’re taking your own rejected flowers. All of it was for you. And you never realized.”

Your tears overflowed, you didn't believe what he's saying, you thought you were dreaming. He wiped the tears from your cheeks.

“S-since when has it been me?” You looked at his loving eyes

“All this time.” He cupped your face and kissed you gently, holding you like a fragile glass. “Can you be mine?” His eyes full of honesty

“You ask that after kissing me?”

He giggled and held you close to him “so you won't be able to resist me, so what's your answer?”

“Do I have to answer?”

“Come on”

“Of course.”