Final

Flowers.

Hoseok’s liked flowers for as long as he can remember; he was also that kid in class that always got bullied for being gay. So, it was a given that he’d like flowers. The gay boys always do. However, Hoseok’s best friend, Yoongi, hated flowers. He hated the very being, the very word of flowers, so hanging out with Hoseok was like hell, basically.

 

“Why do you even like them so much?” Yoongi questions Hoseok, and the other boy just stares at him, expecting him to go on, “I mean, they’re pretty, sure, but there’s things that look better.”

 

“Like me?”

 

“No,” Yoongi chews his lip, “Well, yeah, but other things. Like, the sun.”

 

“I am the sun.”

 

“Not quite.” Yoongi corrects him, “Anyway, what I’m saying is - flowers aren’t all that great.”

 

“Yeah, sure.” Hoseok grins; because it’s going to be his job to make Yoongi like flowers, whatever he does. It’ll be a challenge, but he believes he can do it.

 

“And don’t even try and get me to like them,” Yoongi tells him, “I’m an emo. Emos don’t like flowers,” He says, running his fingers through his black hair, making sure it covers his face, before saying, “Flowers are gay.”

 

Hoseok stares at him. “No.” He rejects what Yoongi’s trying to say and instead, goes to explain why they’re not. “Flowers are not living beings. Therefore, cannot express attraction. Therefore, not being able to be heteroual, nor homoual.” Hoseok explains with a smirk, “So - flowers aren’t gay. They’re pretty.”

 

“No need to be a smartass.” Yoongi growls, “Besides, flowers aren’t that great - just accept it.” Yoongi says before leaving their table.

 

-

 

It’s 3:00pm. Hoseok’s out in the park by his house. Of course, he’s staring at the flowers. Specifically, the sunflowers. His friend, Jimin, always tells him his smile reminds him of the sun. And thus, Hoseok came to like the sun. Much like Hoseok is planning to make Yoongi like flowers.

 

Hoseok looks at many flowers, deciding on which one to pick for Yoongi. Which one would he like, is the question. There’s no black flowers, which is tragic, since Yoongi doesn’t like bright, flamboyant colours very much. He complains that they “hurt his eyes”. It’s not true, but that’s what he says. It’s just an excuse, Hoseok tells himself.

 

Suddenly, Hoseok picks a flower that’s yellow in colour, and it’s quite tall. Yoongi isn’t that tall, he’s only 1cm or so taller than Jimin, but he’s not that short, either. Hoseok’s met much shorter people, like Yoojung and Boram. Once he decides that’s the one he’s getting, he walks off with it, trying not to act like he just stole a flower.

 

And once he got home, he practiced what he was going to say to Min Yoongi - his crush of 2 years.

 

-

 

“Yoongi-hyung!” Hoseok’s loud voice booms through the corridor and into Yoongi’s ears, causing the black haired male to turn around, “I’ve got something for you!” Yoongi lets out a small huff, before looking at what it is. It’s a flower. Yoongi sighs and messes up his hair.

 

“It’s-”

 

“Before you say anything,” Hoseok starts, “I picked it because it’s pretty. It’s attractive, like you.”

 

Jeongguk, the boy Yoongi was talking to, starts clapping. Yoongi gives him a glare before turning to Hoseok, “Really?” Hoseok nods. “I can’t believe you’d do this. Really, Hoseok, you shouldn’t’ve. Y’know, I don’t like flowers.”

 

“Which is why I picked a pretty one.” Hoseok explains with a wide smile, “To make you appreciate art.”

 

‘But you’re the art.’ Yoongi says in his mind, yet says, “Thanks, it’s nice, I guess.”

 

“Really? Is that all I get?”


“What do you want?” Yoongi teases, but when Hoseok says he wants a kiss, Yoongi’s no longer laughing. “No chance.”

 

“Awh.” Hoseok frowns, “Please?”

 

“I don’t even like flowers, why am I doing this?” Yoongi complains, but when Hosoek grabs his face, he immediately shuts up and kisses back.

 

“Like them now?” Hoseok teases, yet Yoongi’s glaring at him.

 

“,” Yoongi says outloud, “Now I like you.”

 

“You’re not complaining.” Hoseok smirks.

 

“True,” Yoongi tells him before kissing him again. “And, I’ll start liking flowers if this is what I get.”

 

-

 

Indeed this is short but like ??? i’m terrible at writing fluff


Stan loona kbye