Chapter Four: New Beginnings and Loose Ends

Mayday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today again, the weather was cold. There wasn't any snow yet the air was crisp and dry. Despite this, the atmosphere in the cafe was warm. The blue pastel colored walls, the smell of coffee drifting through the air, and the small chatter of the few people inside helped Jinyoung ease his mind as he waited for Yugyeom to arrive.

Truth to be told, Jinyoung really didn't want to do this in the first place. He thought about this real hard. He knew that he could probably trust Yugyeom but he barely knew anything about the younger except for the information he found on the internet. Something is missing. While Jinyoung kept rambling in his thoughts, he only noticed that the one he had been waiting for has arrived until his name was called.

"Earth to Jinyoung-hyung." A familiar voice called him. Looking up, he saw the same brunette from last week wave his hand in front of him. "Oh. Um. Sorry." Jinyoung apologized, flustered. "Did I make you wait for long?" Yugyeom asked. "No, I just got here like, five minutes ago." Jinyoung responded.

"I see. I'm not really used to this." The younger stated, slightly pouting. "Why?" Jinyoung asked. "You'd usually be sarcastic, or dare I say, savage towards me and everyone else except maybe for Mark-hyung." Yugyeom answered. "Who's Mark?" The older asked, thinking, 'I never really met anyone named 'Mark' before.' "Wah. Hyung. Are you seriously gonna keep this act?" Yugyeom asked, his mouth agape and eyes wide in shock. "I'm not acting though." Jinyoung stated, slightly tilting his head.

"Let's just order for now, shall we?" The older changed the topic, standing up from his seat. "Yeah, sure. I don't drink coffee though." Yugyeom informed. "I'm pretty sure they should have other stuff besides coffee here." Jinyoung reassured. "Oh okay." The younger nodded before they proceeded to the counter to get their order.

"Omo! It's Yugyeom!" The cashier exclaimed once she recognized the face of the person in front of her. "Hi." Yugyeom smiled. "Who are you with?" The cashier asked. "He's my friend." The idol simply responded. "Omo, he's so handsome too!" The cashier commented. Jinyoung at the back, who was flustered, signed Yugyeom to order quickly and get it over with.

Once they got their order, they went back to their table and put down their drinks. The two of them were silent. And it was awkward. Jinyoung stared at his own coffee, trying to think of something. "You uhh, seem to be quite famous." Jinyoung commented in attempt to break the silence. "No, it's not like that." The younger denied, shaking his head.

"Anyways, how have you been these past six years?" Yugyeom asked. "I've been studying abroa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter