LAST

I Don't Dislike You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“SONG. MIN. HOOOOO!!!” Hayi’s high-pitched voice was thunderous as she bolted out of her room, stomping her way down to their house’s dining room as she clutched her phone tightly on her one hand. The irritation she feels was only increasing with each step she takes.


Her parents, along with Mino who was feigning ignorance as he ate a spoonful of Cap’n Crunch Berries was sitting merrily on their dining table. “Hayi! It’s seven in the morning! Why are you yelling?!” Her mother scolded, but she only pursed her lips before making her way towards Mino’s seat. She then began hitting him anywhere she could reach, pouring her frustrations out.


Mr. and Mrs. Lee could only look at each other in a frustrated manner before slowly getting up and leaving the two youngsters by themselves. Ever since Hayi and Mino had a rift because of the Acquaintance Party, it seemed as if the two had gotten closer to each other. They even suspected that something was going on between the two, but they always denied it whenever anyone asks them. However, their fights were still as chaotic as ever and their parents have learned that the best way to settle the score was to leave them alone.


“Why did you do that?!” Hayi screamed as she kept on hitting Mino who could only use his arm as a shield for himself against the girl’s blows. “Why did you ruin my life?!”


“I didn’t do anything!” Mino defended, but his pleas have fallen on deaf ears. Hayi was furious as she glared at the boy who was pitifully cradling his arms which accepted most of Hayi’s blows.


Mino quietly stood up from his seat and took Hayi’s hand in between his own, them. The girl tried to resist but he was persistent that all she could do was glare at him venomously. “What is this about, Hayi-ah?” He cooed. It usually does the trick to pacify his baby girl but today seemed to be a very bad day for him because instead of melting into his arms, Hayi only punched his arm.


“You very well know what the hell this is about, Song.” Her voice was cold, meeting Mino’s gentle eyes with her own fierce ones. “Why did you cancel my application to the Radio Club?!” She accused, and Mino could only gulp.


Being the Student Council President of their major, all applications for their college-based organizations go through him for approval. It just so happened that he chanced upon Hayi’s application form to the Radio Club. He had nothing against Hayi joining a club– in fact, he even advised it to her so she could meet other people. No, the problem lies on the Radio Club’s president, Jung Jaewon.


Jung Jaewon was also in junior year like the two of them, and his angelic voice had crooned the ladies not only in their college but also the whole of female population in their university. His good looks only added fuel to the fire, making it too easy for him to win over the females’ sympathy and love.

 

But that wasn’t the main source of Mino’s problem. The core of his difficulty was on the fact that Jung Jaewon was in two of Hayi’s classes, and the man had no qualms expressing his open admiration for his baby girl.


“Hayi-ah,” he gently started as he began drawing circles at the back of her palm. “You can pick another club of your choice. I swear I won’t do anything. Just… not the Radio Club, please, hmm?” He softly said, nuzzling her neck in an attempt to calm her down and make her succumb to his decision.

 

However, Hayi won’t be Lee Hayi if she would just let Mino have his own way without any difficulties. “Mino, you were the one who told me to join a club. I got interested in the Radio Club so I joined. And now what, you’ll cancel my application?” She pushed him off her before continuing, “Are you freaking nuts?! If Jaewon didn’t text me, I wou–”

 

“What?” He cut off, brows furrowing when he heard an unpleasant name come out of Hayi’s mouth. “Who did you say texted you?”


“Jaewon!” She repeated, louder this time. “It was a good thing that he told me–”


“So he has your number?” Mino prodded, his muscles and facial expression tensed. It was the first time he was hearing about this Jung Jaewon having his baby girl’s number and it was safe to say that it’s not sitting well with him. He thought that Hayi and Jaewon were simply acquaintances– people who knew each other. He did not expect for them to be so close that they have each other’s phone number, and they even text each other as a cherry on top of the detonating bomb called Mino.


Hayi sighed. “That’s not the point, Song.” She stressed. “It’s about you stopping me from doing what I want.”


The boy could only huff as he crossed his arms, the jealousy clouding his rational thinking. “So you want that Jung Jaewon now, huh?”


Her eyebrows twitched in annoyance. She took a deep breath to try and calm herself down. “Don’t talk about Jaewon like that.” She snapped irritably. Jaewon was her friend, and she doesn’t want Mino terrorizing the other boy just because of his childish jealousy which doesn’t even have any basis at all.


“So now it’s my fault?!” He incredulously asked, pointing a finger at himself in disbelief before raising both of his hands in the air. “Know what, I think I’ll be off first, Hayi. You take the car with appa.” He last said before grabbing his backpack and walking towards the door. The next thing she knew, she was standing all alone in their dining area, staring at the door where Mino left from and hoping that it would open again with the stupid boy’s goofy face.


--


Hayi went to school alone that day. Their parents were worried about them, since it was very uncharacteristic of either of them to leave the other alone. They had been a cross between enemies and friends since they learned to walk, but today was the first time in the MinHi history that they didn’t even bother waiting for the other.


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter