Wedding Bells

Wedding bells
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear Im Nayeon,

              Seeing you today made me think of the first time I saw you. It was when your family moved to town for your father's promotion. My sister was ecstatic to know that a girl her age is going to be our new neighbor. Yeah, she was a loner before you came so meeting you was the best thing that happened to her. That dinner the same day, she won't stop jabbering about you; how great you are, how nice you are, and how pretty you are. I approved of the pretty part though I've only saw you through the window that day, I won't deny your beauty but, I didn't buy the "nice" part because you really looked snobby that day. Sorry. Fast forward. You and Jisoo became best friends, you guys were inseparable.

Remember the first time she brought you to our house? The first time you met me. You greeted me with the widest smile, even your eyes were smiling. I'm sorry I was so awkward that day, and I'm sorry if I stared at you for a couple of times. Must've freaked you out. Jisoo might've noticed my staring that's why she called me to the kitchen and warned me about you. I swear, she oathed to kill me if I date you. Ooops! Maybe she just wanted to protect you because she knew how I was with girls. The way I treated girls was the main reason why she didn't have friends. Girl friends to be exact. I mean, who would want to be friends with the sister of the guy who broke your heart? Anyways, we had a good time that day just chatting about common interest and Jisoo on the side giving me death glares, mouthing "I will kill you" from time to time. But that didn't stop me, I genuinely like you. It was weird to feel that way to somebody you met the first time, but what can I say? Im Nayeon you are not a typical kind of girl, you are on a whole new level.

As time passed by, we naturally got closer and my feelings for you grew each day. I had a hard time hiding it. I remember that time when Jisoo asked us to watch a movie with her but bailed on us the last minute. We were so awkward then because it was the first time we hang out without Jisoo. I realized we were only close when she's around. Still, we decided not to waste our tickets and watched the movie, only the two of us. An awkward bubble enveloped us the whole time. It got worse when we went to buy a popcorn and the cashier lady expressed her delight at our sight. We just wanted to buy a damn popcorn but that lady won't stop talking about how good we look together and how we were the best looking couple that day. I admit, I'm confident about my looks and I know you are too. Come on, you are a goddess. Though, I was kinda pleased with the fact that she thought we were a couple, I was worried of how will you react. I was surprised that you didn't deny it and you thanked her instead. I turned to you and you winked at me as if asking me to play along. I did. And that couple acting thing earned us a free nacho. When we were already inside the theater, I admit I can't really enjoy the movie since my attention always go to you. Thank God you didn't notice. My heart almost burst when I accidentally touched your hand, trying to get some popcorn. We got so awkward again after that. The movie finished and it was pretty late then. I offered to accompany you home. I mean I should, our houses were like only 3 doors away. Silence enveloped us as we walk, It's like both of us wanted to say something but were holding back. I broke the ice and asked you about the movie. You said it was great and that was it. When we reached your house you thanked me and gave me that smile. That goddamn smile that made me fall in love.

A month passed and we need to go to school again. . I never really liked school but since you're there, it was less hateful and more bearable. I was in my last year and you were the same year as Jisoo; a junior. You two were classmates and not even surprised you were also seat-mates. I heard from my friends about the new hot student. Yes, they were talking about you. I knew that a lot of guys would hit on you. Why do you have to be such a head turner? You literally own every room you are in. Guys like you and girls don't, you were exactly like Jisoo. She's lucky though, she have someone to protect her from awful guys, but you don't. Poor you, you had to bear with those erts. You might've been shocked when those weirdos stopped coming at you. To tell you the truth it was because of me. I kinda told them you were my girl and they will get a beating if they don't stop bothering you. Fortunately they believed me. Still, a lot of guys made a move on you but you never seemed interested so you turn all of them down. I felt relieved but sad at the same time. What if you're really not interested in guys? what if you turn me down too if I made a move on you?

We've known each other for almost 6 months back then, I've liked you secretly for 6 months and nothing happened yet. That's the very first time I acted like a chicken in front of a girl. I decided to stop myself from falling for you further and started dating Eun Seo, the transferee student in my class. Everything was good. She's sweet, she's pretty, she adores me and takes care of me. She really took my mind of you. I did liked her but I noticed how much you changed ever since Eun Seo and I started going out. I thought you'd be the first person to congratulate me, but you didn't. You ignored me as if I don't exist. I remember when I took Eun Seo in our house for her to meet my mom and you happened to be there too, hanging around with Jisoo. I noticed how you acted that day. You were usually nice to every one. Not with Eun Seo though. I saw you giving her the look and how you turn down her offer to help you with your assignment. I will be honest with you, I didn't like that attitude but what can I do? Even you were giving me that attitude and you won't talk to me.

Weeks later I found out that one of my friends were courting you. You sure have good eyes. He's the best looking among my friends and I know I shouldn't worry because he is a nice guy too. I shouldn't care but I did. I felt a pang in my chest every time I saw you with him. Well, that can't be avoided, we were in the same circle of friends so eating lunch and going out is a given activity for all of us. We decided to go camping for spring break. I brought Eun Seo along and Jinyoung asked you to come too and you did. I saw how much he took care of you, giving you water, wiping your sweat, even tucking your hair behind your ears. I saw him leaning and whispering to you and I saw how much you laughed. He must've told you a joke, a very funny one. I hope I was him. I wish I could make you laugh that much, offer you water, wipe your sweat, tuck the stray strand of hair behind your ears. I wish I was the one taking care of you. I realized how crazy my thoughts were and how bad I am being to Eun Seo. She was there but all I think about is you. I completely ignored her and that was really ty of me. I decided to talk to her. We broke up. She doesn't deserve to be in a relationship with a person like me. I got home much earlier than you guys. I'm sorry I missed all the fun all of you had. Jisoo barged into my room that night, asking what happened, blah blah. She was really chatty and I was really tired so I really didn't understand the things she was saying. But her last sentence got me. She said you called her to ask about me. She even said you were really worried. Were you? Were you worried for me?

When school resumed all the students talked about was you and Jinyoung. They said you dumped him. I wouldn't know since we've not talked for almost 2 months. I asked Jinyoung but he said you never liked him, he said he already knew and it was his fault for forcing you into something you never really liked. Weird. You two really looked happy. A month before my graduation. We were still in a no talk relationship, though I see you everyday a word was still not uttered between us. I promised myself to confess to you on my graduation day. I told my self that no matter what happen I will tell you everything, how I was in love with you for almost a year.

On my graduation day I was shocked to see you with my family. Turned out my mom persuaded you to come. It was no secret that she wanted you for a daughter in law. She even made you give me the flowers when the ceremony ended. We were eating in a restaurant my dad chose when you stood up and excused yourself. I followed you like a creep and I saw you leaning on the wall as you talk to your mom on the phone. When you were done I called you. You must've been shocked. Well who wouldn't? We were in a dark alley outside the restaurant. I prepared myself for the "big confession" I'm going to make. I prepared myself for your rejection. I was about to talk but you did first. The words that you said shocked the hell out of me. I was supposed to be the one confessing but you beat me to it. You said you like me, that you've been liking me for almost a year. I can't forget how you looked that day. You're dashing. I know you were about to say more but you were cut off when I hugged you. Thank you Nayeon for making my graduation day extra memorable and for saying yes when I asked if I could court you.

We started off with meeting your parents. I already know your mom but not your dad since he was really busy with work. I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter