Evanescent (1/1)

Evanescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her tears fell as she slowly closed the box full of memories. His memories. Their memories.

 

Drrrrng…

 

Suddenly, the phone lit up to announce an interruption in her train of thoughts.

 

Drrrrng…

 

She picked up the phone to see who the hell was awake at 3 in the morning to disrupt her moment.

 

Drrrrng…

 

The phone continued to buzz but her world seemingly stopped at the number in the screen that she’s so familiar with.

 

Drrrrng…

 

Her mind is a mess. Her hand is shaking.

 

Drrrrng…

 

The second to the last buzz. Another buzz and the call will be missed.

 

...

 

“How are you?” A familiar voice was transmitted through her phone.

 

Her lips quivered as she fought the urge to burst out in emotions upon hearing the voice she longed to hear for days. She shook her head, as if, to sort the mess inside.

 

The voice on the other line softly called out to her. Her name that sounds so right when the right person calls it out. Oh, how she missed the sound of his voice calling out to her.

 

“I’m…” The lump in seems to grow bigger at each passing tick of the clock.

 

“I’m fine.” She told him although, she’s anywhere near “fine”. She’s hurt. Broken. Wounded. All because of the person on the other line.

 

“…Good…”

 

She knows, by the tone of his voice, that he did not believe her. In the back of her mind, she can hear him say, “Whatever helps you sleep at night”, with that sassy mouth of his. She smiled. He still hasn’t changed.

 

“Why’d you call at 3am?” She asked softly. She was sure she heard a hitch in his breathing as if, he was caught in something he should not be doing.

 

There was a pause. A long pause.

 

“Why are you awake at 3am?” He finally spoke. This time, it was her who found it hard to breathe.

 

I miss you and I couldn’t sleep. Oh, how she wanted to say those words so badly but she knows where the line is. She knows where she stands. Where they stand.

 

“I asked the question first, Baekhyun.” She sighed, tired of the conversation she’s having to the man who’s not supposed to contact her this soon.

 

“I…” He trailed off and all she could hear was his unstable breathing. She wanted to tell him that she misses her as much as he does but it’s over. They are over. They shouldn’t be having this conversation at 3am when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter