Chapter 2

Forgotten Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


****


 Jaejoong received a call after 2 weeks that he got the job at the coffee shop. Though the owner did not guarantee him that he will be a regular, still jaejoong is thankful and says that he will do his best. He had also made friends with all the employees of the shop. He had made friends with Ken a dorky guy who loves to imitate anyone and Leo who is a certified introvert latte addict. He was so thankful that he had found himself some friends. He had treated Heechul outside, saying that he had owe it to his hyung. 


Finally he had some money he can save for Seohyeon's enrollment and get some for his mother check up as soon as possible. 


Though it's not a problem for him about Changmin's enrollment since he is a scholar, he still need to save something for his little brother just in case the brat would ask for something. 


He never thought about himself at all. Sometimes he think that life is so unfair. He sometimes questions himself if he was born to suffer? He is alive to experience life's bitter treatment to his family. He just shrugged at that thought and think that as long as he can, he will support and provide his family. 


"Jaejoong hyung? Let's eat first." Jaejoong turn around to see Ken making face at him like he's about to swallow a whole pie Jaejoong can't help but to chuckle at his friend's antic. 


"Are you hungry?" 


"Uhmm." Nodded Ken. Slinging his right arm to Jaejoong keeping him out of the kitchen. 


"Okay. Okay I got it. I am going now."


"Let's go before Leo stuff all the food into his mouth." They walk towards the coffee shop's little pantry. Jaejoong took out his lunchbox and Ken huddled into his side staring at his lunchbox. 


"What do you have hyung?" 


"I have egg roll and kimchijijigae." Ken's eyes widen and stick his nose into the air the moment Jaejoong open his lunchbox. Leo stare at them silently and slowly eat his own bento box. 


"Leo yah,  you want some?" Ken took some egg roll from jaejoong's lunchbox and aim his chopstick to leo's mouth, Leo was about to stuff the food aim at him when the mischievous Ken turn the chopstick back into his mouth and gobbled the egg roll himself,  he grin at Leo. 


"Yah!!! Don't tease Leo like that. You'll be so much getting yourself in trouble later." Jaejoong smack the youngster as poor Leo sip his latte with a straight face. 


Jaejoong took some portion of kimjijigae and share it with Leo. Leo's face lighten up and nodded to Jaejoong as a sign of his gratefulness. 


He barely see Leo smiling or laughing. Despite of Ken being loud and dorky, leo barely laugh at his jokes. He has a timid smile whenever he feels like smiling. He understood Leo,  that's why he always make sure that these two are separate in any cases since Leo has a tendency of hitting Ken whenever he's annoyed. Might as well separate them before they kill each other. 


"Jeajoong hyung. I will make some latte for you." Jaejoong smiled as Leo stood up to make his promising latte. 


"He become so sweet, when you don't annoy him." Ken pout and Stare at Leo's back. 


"He's weird and silent but it's okay. I understand him hyung, you don't have to worry about me. I just want some reactions from him that's why I constantly annoy him."


Jaejoong nodded and pat Ken's head. "You should know that Leo has limitations as well." Ken smiled and state at Leo. He's still weird,  He thought.


*****


"Umma?" Jaejoong found his mother scrubbing the floor. It looks like the old stain wouldn't even budge from its position. He sighed. As he stare at his mother he can't help but to clench his fist. He hates that his mom is trying so hard not to be a burden to him. Even though she's clearly sick from the way her weak body move and she cough several times and she's still trying to make it less obvious by covering , jaejoong can tell the difference of a healthy woman and not. And his mom is really sick. His mother had even tried getting up at night and stare at nowhere in their kitchen table like she has all the problem in the world. Jaejoong's heart constricted at the sight of his mom trying to survive every thing layed out in front of her. It looks like his mother can no longer endure the pain she was long suffering. Jaejoong bit his lip. His mom doesn't know that every night jaejoong get up as well to witness how his mother sat on their worn out wooden chair and stare at nothing. He heard another cough. 


"Umma, that's enough. Let me finish that. You should try to rest. You remember we will have to visit a doctor tomorrow?" He crouch down and held his mom, and guide her to her small room. He made sure that she was rested enough so she can bring her tomorrow to the nearest clinic for check up. 


"Jaejoongie, you must be tired from your shift. I have some soup for you in the kitchen. You have to eat that." His mother finally took the blanket and cover herself as she lie down. She stare at his son. 


"I will Umma. Now you have to rest here, while I pick up Changmin. Where is Seohyeon by the way?"


His mother smiled and nodded her head to the house next to them. 

"She got herself some friends in the neighborhood. She's been there since you left earlier." Her features lighten up and jaejoong wished he could see that smile often. 


"It's good to know Seohyeon is getting some friends. I will check on her later once I pick up changmin from school." He stood up and kiss his mom on her forehead. He strode towards the door. 


"Jaejoongie?" Jaejoong turn around to see his mother sitting on bed. 


"Yes, Umma?"


"Thank you for being a good son."


He smiled and nodded. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter