.smile.

she greeted me with a smile (even when we said goodbye)


...

Jennie first met Jisoo on the streets and under the rain. Jennie holding an umbrella and Jisoo sitting in a sidewalk and smiling up at the dreary clouds.

Any other person would immediately conclude that Jisoo was crazy because it was abnormally freezing that day but all Jennie could see was that the girl was beautiful.

With her red hair, Jisoo was like fire burning bright. A flame that resisted the drops of rain while unknowingly suffocating Jennie just by looking at her. She was an angel in disguise, her features soft and innocent yet all powerful that lures Jennie in and traps her in a cage and she couldn't look away.

Jisoo was beautiful. An aesthetic Jennie didn't know she'd been looking for.

Of course Jennie offered her an umbrella and the first thing she says was, "Are you trying to kill yourself?"

It just slipped out of like reflex and Jennie was afraid she sounded like nosy but it seemed Jisoo didn't pay attention to it because the first thing the girl says was, "You look like a cat! A pretty cat!"


They ended up in Jennie's apartment, cups of hot coffee in their hands and something other than friendship starting.

...


The first time Jennie kissed the girl of her dreams was during detention.

It turned out that Jisoo went to the same school as she was studying at and they started spending every moment in each other's company, Jennie hoping to make up for those years she could've spent with the girl if she had known Jisoo earlier.

Jisoo was funny and hyper and nice and weird and Jennie finds her so adorable and her smile was so precious Jennie would do anything to protect it. Jennie dug herself a hole and she can't help but fall deeper into it with every single day she spends with Jisoo but she didn't mind.

Jisoo slowly became her world and she'd follow her anywhere. That included detention too which Jisoo got for bringing a dog at school and of course Jennie followed. She never regretted that and in fact it was the best decision she ever made.

Jennie never expected it but Jisoo initiated the kiss. Sweet and innocent like Jisoo and Jennie was usually hot and a mess but the kiss melted her insides and she never thought she could fall even deeper.

They got more weeks of detention after that but Jennie didn't care because Jisoo confessed after the kiss and she was adorable with flushed cheeks and that shy heart-shaped smile and Jennie couldn't be anymore happier.
 

...


Jennie thinks time spent with Jisoo was the most beautiful moment in her life. It gives her such a high no one can compare to. Euphoric. Intoxicating. She was under a trance and all she could see was Jisoo and her smile and she was incredibly in love.

Jennie cherished everything about Jisoo. She remembers everything about the girl and Jennie was confident that she knows every little thing about her.

At least that was what she thought.

...


Their last kiss was much like their first one. Sweet, innocent but it lingered and Jennie could taste tears and she wondered why Jisoo was sad and crying but the girl dismissed it almost immediately and Jennie shouldn't have let it go.

Jennie didn't know better but if she did, she would've kissed Jisoo forever if she knew that was the last time she'd kiss those lips.

...


"I hate you." Was the last thing Jennie said to Jisoo. Cold and indifferent, Jennie laid her sharp eyes on the smaller girl.

"I know." Jisoo replied.

It wasn't one of her best moments and Jennie wasn't proud of it. She didn't know what was going on Jisoo behind closed doors but that wasn't an excuse. She should've known by then that everything Jisoo does has an underlying reason. The girl never does anything she deems unnecessary. However, Jennie was never a calm person and seeing Jisoo with some guy attached to her neck she exploded.

She didn't ask for any explanation, thought what she saw was more than enough. It wounded Jennie, she was in too deep after all but she was never the selfless kind of lover and she spits fire and burns everything in her way. Jisoo wasn't that kind of person but fury got the best of Jennie and she couldn't take everything back.

Jennie should've screamed a million 'i love yous' and fought for Jisoo but instead she was weak and temperamental and she blamed Jisoo and turned her back on her.
 

...


The last time Jennie saw Jisoo was a day after their last words, sitting in the same sidewalk where they first met, drenched in the rain and staring at Jennie who holds an umbrella across the street.

Jisoo gave her a sad smile. Jennie frowned and walked away.

Jennie hated it. She hated how she never understood Jisoo. She hated how she walked away that day instead of offering her an umbrella much like the first time.

If she did maybe she was still with the girl she loved with all of her heart. Maybe Jisoo would still be standing beside her with that precious smile and maybe they could've achieved that happy ending they both desperately wanted.
 

...


Jennie loved Kim Jisoo with all of her heart but it wasn't enough.

She loved the girl but she never tried to look deeper. She was too consumed in her own feelings and what was presented in front of her that she failed to notice what was behind Jisoo's smile and laughter.

Swallowing a cry, Jennie regretted a lot of things as she stared at what was once hers now buried six feet under. If she was given another chance to change things she would. She'd look past Jisoo's facade and she'd try to understand and she would always be there for her and she'd be more observant and Jennie would not be blinded by the happiness she felt but life was not magical and all Jennie could do was curse at herself.

Sometimes just loving someone was not enough. Jennie just failed to see that.


...

 



A/N : Yo! I know I should be updating stories but hey this was already written and I just had to post it. Although I had edited some parts and I'm sorry for some mistakes since my lovely mother keeps talking to me while I was typing haha. Anyways, this could possibly become a two-shot if some wants Jisoo's perspective but I haven't written that yet. 

This fic is actually to keep me on my writing zone cause if I don't write anything at all I'll lose all motivation and the ongoing fics I posted will be updated slower. I dunno but this one-shot was kind of cliche to me or is it not? This idea rooted after reading that first and last time prompt at tumblr after all. Tell me what you think and thank you for your time!