A Glimpse

Glimpse of A Birthday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

"Yes mum, I'm eating very well" Rose replied in a very accented english to the phone. Jung kook took his time to appreciate the slight crinkle of her nose after she replied and smiled slightly at the sight of her. 

Jung kook and Rose were at their favourite restaurant eating dinner in celebration for her birthday. Since Rose was now working full time at the travelling agency, she did not have the time to go back home to Australia to celebrate her birthday with her family. Thus here she is with her boyfriend having her birthday dinner when she had received a phone call from her mother.

She did not mind spending her birthday here in Seoul because she loves spending time with her boyfriend, and going back would mean constant pestering for her to settle down and tie the knot.

In Jung kook's point of view, its better that she spends her birthday weekend in Seoul as she always comes back tired and jet-lagged if ever she went back home. No matter if the distance were not that far.

It also does not help that if Jung kook were to follow her, to celebrate it, his communication would be limited and he would have to make Rose translate everything to him. He has been improving, that even Rose confessed to him, but until then he very much prefers listening to her own accented english. Even if he does not understand a word. 

"Yes, Jung kook is here with me." Rose said again into the phone. Jung kook looked up to her alert after hearing his name. He felt his own mouth smile wide as she made eye contact him and smiled to him. He felt his heart swell. She was too beautiful that he sometimes had to remind himself that his relationship was not a dream. 

"Yes, still handsome as ever. " Rose replied again to the phone this time her smile got wider than before. Jung kook who was utterly focused on her english, caught the word 'handsome' that she has used, that he smiled even wider and even responded with a smirk.

Rose who saw Jung kook response, bit her lower lips and rolled her eyes playfully in reply to him and said to her mother on the phone

 " Yes we just finished our meal. I will. Thank you mum. Love you two so much. Say hi to Alice for me. Alright. Bye. "

Rose was still smiling when she disconnected the phone call. Jung kook who was openly smirking asked her straight forward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter