three

Till Death Do Us Apart

hey y'all

T // K // M // CY // BH

 

---

Kai was alone that night. He had no idea where Taemin was after the older mysteriously walked away from the café. He wasn’t in the apartment either. He wasn’t in the kitchen, his room, even in Kai’s room. He sighed when saw a raven flew above him, dropping the all too familiar brown enveloped letter. The raven landed on his shoulder after Kai had finished reading the name,

“Make it an accident,”

The raven whispered and he sighed, “I know, otherwise you’ll give the letter to Taemin”

“Where is he anyways?” the raven said, poking on its wings

“Disgusting, don’t you drop your flees on me. Also, it’s none of your business. off” it flapped its wings, feathers falling off one or two pairs each. It landed on Kai’s head, making annoying harsh caws before flying off

“Don’t deliver those souls late again, caw caw”

“Stupid bird”

He went in his apartment and looked down on the worn out paper re-read the name once again, Song Yoon-ah, pretty women. Divorced, has a daughter in university of North Dakota school of law with her ex-father. Alone in Korea I see.

“Accident… how cruel”

“You’re becoming soft,” the image on the mirror said back to him. Kai looked up his reflection on the tall mirror. Messy white hairs, black outfit, dirty worn out combat boots. He hated that look honestly

“Shut up,”

“Becoming more human I see? Remember what they did to you; remember what they did to your precious Taemin! Humans are stupid! You, you are much superior”

For the third time that week, Kai had to buy a new tall mirror for their living room. Drops of blood fell on the clean tiled floor his wound however healed in the count of seconds, closing up like it was never there. The drops on the floor remains, quickly drying as each second pass unattended.

 

 

Taemin walked in front of a bookstore, displaying a variety of pretty people on the cover of the magazine. How he wished to be a star and someday get his face pictured in front of magazine. How he wished to be… normal. Taemin didn’t know where he was going honestly, he just wanted to get away from Kai. He walked the busy street of Myeong-dong, school kids, teenagers, couples, old couples, foreigners, its amazing to be a part of this world but at the same time he isn’t. It wasn’t like 400 years ago where people cant go out above 5PM because it was dark. Now the clock showed 9PM and people is still smiling, running around the place.

It has been a total of 5 hours then since he and Kai had parted. They have been apart, no problem, but they have never been apart for something like this. What is this? Honestly Taemin confuses himself. He sighed, unable to find the cause for his uneasiness. Kai was the only person he had ever trusts or leans on to for the past century. Minho’s presence was disturbing the chemistry between him and his brother. Bonded by a curse, damn for eternity

He hated the look Kai plastered on the café it was his signature look, the one gifted by Hades himself. Apparently, consuming more bad, tainted soul was bad for his little brother, but he couldn’t blame him really, he couldn’t even blame himself for stopping 400 years ago. They could have prevented this, all of this

But he was enjoying Kai’s hand grasping and gripping on his cold flesh that night, how the other’s lips were not leaving the junction between his jaw and shoulder. How he felt his blood boil with excitement when he whispered the dirty forbidden things he was about to do to the smaller brother.

“Oh Kai…”

 

 

Minho tapped his fingers on his laptop keyboard, desperately trying to finish his assignment for tomorrow. He had been distracted for the last six hours. He couldn’t possibly tell his sister about his newly discovered kink. Oh how he loves replying the scene in his head, over and over again. Taemin on Kai’s lap; kissing and marking him tainting his pure white as snow skin.

Minho realized the more he grew up the more ed up be became. He tried to kill himself yesterday, and how is that not ed up?!

The last straw was when he fell in love with Taemin. It goes to show him that Choi Minho apparently loves the excitement of hurting himself and not getting what he wants. Well, people got to have a hobby right.

Time had passed by it has been almost a month since the last encounter, Minho had managed to keep himself occupied with his college and was too tired to function at the evening thus going straight to bed. He hadn’t encountered much death either, actually none. Had Kai or Taemin (but most likely Kai) have somehow managed to delete his ability to see them anymore? Had completely erased the siblings from Minho’s head. Could it be Taemin and Kai is in the room as if right now?!

Minho stood up from his bed, turning on the lights and saw an empty room. It was only his erratic breathing that he could hear. He laid his head back against the soft pillow, wishing he could just die right there because he misses the dark haired male all of the sudden.

 

The next day at college was when Minho decided he had to look for Taemin again. He had finally submitted the group project and has free time to roam around the cemetery. Ok, he had gotten desperate. Despite the last hang out spot was a random café in Seoul he still hopes to find the twins on the cemetery; he wonders if they ever attended the funeral of the person they just took their lives of.

Minho opened a bottle of apple juice and sat on one of the benches. It was a little chilly that afternoon. He took a sip and his eyes wonders around the quiet park. It’s not so scary when it’s still bright out. On some places he could see the grass were over grown and needed maintenance. He stood up after a couple of minutes relaxing on his bench. Minho notices some flowers were new and fresh, some looks like it hadn’t been visited in years. Some even had the name fading already. Minho’s heart grew heavy, one day he’s going to lay here for all eternity while Taemin still walks the earth; witnessing the time changing and the world growing. 

His thoughts were brought back to earth when he heard the ringtone of his phone, the student grabbed the white Samsung and slides the green icon on the bottom, and it was his mother.

“Minho darling, where are you?”

Cemetery, mom sorry I was looking for the love of my life

“I was just hanging out with some friends, why?”

“I see, this one friend of yours came today, he said he couldn’t contact you so he immediately came to our house”

“What? Weird, I had my phone on since this morning”

“I don’t know. His name is Taemin by the way, do you know him?”

 

 

Choi Minho had never run so fast in his entire life. He’s an athlete of course being the captain of the soccer team, but hell, even the nationals couldn’t make him run like a mad man to his humble home. Reaching the front gate of his two-story home he was very glad his sister’s car was gone. She would have the suspicion as a hawk

Opening the door to the living room, his mother greeted him from the kitchen like any other day. The said beauty was no where to be seen

“M-mom, where is…”

“Your friend? He left when I told him you weren’t home, but he wants you to know he visited” he wanted too shriek in frustration. He could strangle his mother and he would be calm again, urgh again Choi Minho stop it; you’re turning dark. He sighed, thanking his mom and making his way upstairs to sulk, again.

Pushing the wooden door to his room he jumped as he saw the familiar figure standing before his work desk. He was lean wearing a tight turtleneck, with tapered pants, as equally back as his eyes.

“Kai-sshi… what are you doing here?”

“Where is Taemin, you ,”

This dude has no chill, honestly he was the one related to the angel—not that his job describe him so, but he should be asking the death god the same freaking question.

“Yo man, you need to chill. I don’t know! I haven’t seen either of you since that day in the café!” the student brought his hands up in defense, obviously afraid of the dark figure walking towards him, his half ankle combat boots making loud thud on the wooden parquetted.

“Impossible, he was here”

“Well according to my mom too, yes! He was! But I thought it was you tricking me to coming home!”

“Why would I want to do that?” the man dressed in black threw his hand up in the air, clearly not getting and reason to the idiot student’s assumption. Minho simply shrugged in response; pass his way towards the bed placing his belongings on it. He eyed the stranger currently standing in the middle of his room. He wondered if his mom heard the conversation from down stairs, would she see him if she happens to enter the room?

Today, he noticed the other figure beside him was wearing something different. It wasn’t his usual messy attire; his eyes still stand out with the intense eye shadow, hair icy white as ever. However he was rather polished with the tight turtleneck and hair styled back.

“You look different today,” the inhuman sighed, a little taken aback but he took it as and annoying dumb comment from a mere human student. He turned around, facing the figure sitting on his bed. Kai glared, eyes turning red and he chuckled at the other’s reaction, his body visibly tensing. The death god pulled out a chair by his work desk, sitting on it; crossing his legs before the owner of the room

“Well, I must say… you are definitely a hand full” he started, voice low almost threatening

“H-hand full?”

“My Taeminnie hadn’t showed up for a couples of weeks now, and now the last trace of him was from here, your place. You. What’s so special about you?”

The big question was out now; Minho would want the same answer too honestly. What was so special about him, why him? He sad been seeing death like it was normal, well death was normal people die everyday on every part of the world. It was a life cycle, unavoidable. But always being there when death betide was something else, having the ability to see death gods themselves?

“I’m not hiding anything, I swear”

“Well I don’t know that, do I?”

“Don’t you suppose to know everything?”

“ is that an insult?!” Suddenly pulling a dagger out of nowhere the god stood up knocking the chair back with force, Minho following suit standing on his two feet hands above his chest. This man was all temper and quick snaps of anger, how does Taemin deal with him. Probably a mere kiss or a on the cheek and Kai will calm down. But hey, he didn’t see Taemin doing that any time soon now. He was going to die. He finally will

“But you can’t kill me” he blurted out, unconsciously; to his luck the other lowered the silver sharp object, disappearing into thin air.  

He sighed, rubbing the temples of his head, he wanted to smash the whole room like what he did with their small apartment down town, but he got to keep his cool. He has to find Taemin, their letters had been pilling up and the other death gods on the city was doing their job and getting more chances of redemption than the both of them. He looked up at the ceiling, leaving the room; leaving traces of dark ashes before the particle vanish after him.

In the blink of an eye he was another person walking down the street, black hair styled to his favorite comma, a t-shirt and blazer replacing his dark turtleneck. He stroll the streets, busy, as always, despite it was almost sun down. The times had changed it was scary sometimes. Walking this earth for eternity and more; without Taemin. He loves Taemin and it has been 400 years in number but not a single sunrise his love had faded. He starts to think the other doesn’t love him the same way anymore.

Was it Choi Minho’s influence? He pulled the act at the café first thought, for what exactly? But he pulled it off first and the other just went on with it. It wasn’t their first time making out in the sofa of a public café like so; but it was their first time having an audience. Private audience; the rest of the customer was audience too but yeah different story. He stopped in the middle of the busy Ewha University Street; girls were eyeing him like some sort of idol, another reason why he prefers hanging out as death god. 

He noticed the same raven passing by above his head, passing by him?! That was his raven! His share of the job, if Taemin doesn’t show up anytime soon they’ll definitely have to spend an extra 200 years on this god forsaken earth, collection souls like harvesting potatoes, and that’s not fun.  

Sometimes he wanted to die, to disappear, and to cross the light like what all those people do when they collect them. After trial in the underworld and pass through the light, the large stone walls over 50 meters in height, made of cooper and engraved with pictures of the sky and hell fire.

After serving this sentence, he would go there with Taemin, hand in hand; towards the light.

 

 

To a death god like this pretty boy, days passed like minutes. His job was constant, people dying all over the world in counts of minutes to seconds. Letters and notification came from ravens like the storm. But he had been in hiding, inside the church walls of Seoul Cathedral Anglican; here Kai wouldn’t pick on his traces. Unlike him, Kai possess the ability to attract bad energy and demons only, whilst going to the church was impossible. Taemin was the ‘nice guy’ or so people had pointed out.

Death god always travels in pairs, each holding onto half of the yin and yang circle. Sometimes they were bound together by a curse, like Taemin and his other half or the great gods themselves assigned them.

The heavy door of the church opened, letting light inside the small room. People can’t see him, not even priests, probably on five year olds or under could bust death gods, but the adults would shrug off their opinion. It was eleven at night, on a Friday he figures people wouldn’t want to pray just yet, the night was young and weekend; the time to sin was still before them

“Hey,” oh it’s him, another death god assign in Seoul. Due to TaeKai’s lack of interest in their job anymore, seemingly the raven had told them off. Really he couldn’t blame the dumb bird; it was only doing its job.

“Park Chanyeol, hey,” he was a friend, damn for taking his own life after his lover’s death during the Great War. The oaf was wearing black coat that reached his mid ankle, the god was 187cm, and if the other would wear that very coat he would sink in them and never be seen again.

“Just Chanyeol, please, and I got another message from Kai” the other had been delivering message from his brother all day every day now, Kai was dead worried, of course Taemin had been selfish like what he had done 400 years ago, selfish act that cause the curse of his baby brother whom he loved dearly

“We don’t appreciate accepting the raven’s letter but you know the rules. Baekhyun had been on strike also, arguing with the bird day and night. It just doesn’t feel right, ya’know”

The tall man crouches down placing the brown letter before the owner of the name plastered on the paper. Taemin smiled appreciating the kindness the older was giving. “You’re so nice,”

He shrugged; a smile crept to his face, whilst getting off his knees, turning around and making his way back to where he came from, “Just helping out each of our kind”

Pushing the door open again he was greeted with a smaller, much shorter death god, dressed in a suit, eyes rimmed red with make up and his menacing stance hands crossed before his chest, “Done?”

“Yes, honey”

“ don’t call me that”

“You like it~”

 

 

Taemin chuckled over hearing the conversation between the two ‘lovers’ they weren’t though, but he could tell Chanyeol has he hots for Baekhyun. He took the letter and opened it, immediately he knew it was signaling Kai where he was. Shim Yo Eun, 83 years old, went to sleep two hours ago, died of a heart attack. Sighed, Taemin stood up and made his way towards the door

Kai was standing before him, his hair disbelieve, black turtleneck and track pants. He looks handsome to Taemin, and there isn’t a single thing he wants to change about that. He could tell the icy haired male wasn’t angry with him; he couldn’t even if he wants to. The older notice the fidgety finger of his brother probably itching to give him a hug. But he was still with in the church grounds

“Come here,”

“I’m sorry, I was acting stupid again,”

“I knew I’m always the smarter twin” that cracked the both of them, and Taemin went down the four steps right into the arms of his love. Hugging the day lights out of him.

---

 

[ a/n : hello! for those who are still interested in this fic, and is always waiting for me to update, I THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH!! I was losing interest but I wanted to finish all my fics and i decided to re read the whole thing and then it came to me that i wanted to atleast finish this. I'll probably cut the drama short, if there aren't much comment or love for this piece. Please leave a comment, thoughts, or even suggestion for what you want to see in the future! xoxo ]