CHASE: The Writer's Block

(HIATUS) The Romance of Chasing: The End of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

C H A S E

The Writer's Block

Song of the Chapter: Ko Ko Bop - EXO

 

Days passed by so fast. It is my last day now at Malaysia. This whole trip gives me more strength and passion for my work. Travelling is fun especially if you know that you can share it with others by your creativity.

However, here’s something on my mind that stopping me from wandering at this beautiful resort in this country.

I can’t focus because of what happened 3 days ago.

This all-expense paid trip should have a great blog. My client is expecting me to write a fantastic review because she wants to celebrate their wedding anniversary to this place. I don’t want to ruin it just because I cannot fathom why…

LUNA KISSED ME AND LEFT ME DUMBFOUNDED?

After the kiss and told her that it was interesting, she moved away from my arms and immediately hitched in the cab. She left me wondering if I made a mistake or if kissing her was a crime.

I did not initiate it.

SHE.KISSED.ME.FIRST.

However, when she left me, why do I feel like I was the only one who tasted it like heaven?

I need answers. Especially on that move, she slightly got me.

 

I don’t push myself to any girls unless they give me reasons to hold on. Falling in love easily is a dangerous thing and that’s what keeps me from being heartbroken. You may call it a ‘habit’ but I’m a man who can easily be swayed by that kind of move. The move like what Luna did.

I did not care if I was really in love on the first time I met those girls. Each one of them became my candidate to be my wife in the future. However, it was so unfortunate that after having 20 ex-girlfriends, I am still searching for the right one.

Is Luna going to be my girlfriend? Do I have to confront her and tell her that she should be fully responsible of me now because she kissed me?

However, at the back of my mind, it’s telling me that Luna is a different woman. Her reason for inviting me for a drink and kissing me on the street does not meant that she likes me.

 

I am now at one of the best resorts in Malaysia. I cannot describe this place by simply saying, ‘wonderful.’ This is a perfect getaway for people who have true feelings for each other. After all, it’s not worthy to spend energy and time for people who can leave you hanging after invading your peaceful life.

Yes, no one should spend anything for a person who is just invading your peaceful mind.

But I am thinking of Luna.

 I can still feel her presence even if we are a plane away from each other. Consuming my whole time is making me struggle to write at least one line or paragraph.

 

 

I need to get my senses right away because with this project, everything goes back to basic.

My parents totally disagreed when I told that I want to write because for them, I have so many potentials than being a writer or a blogger. I finished an engineering degree and people around me thought that I will be following the footsteps of my father. However, even if I am capable of being an engineer, they don’t know how much I wanted to pursue something related to arts. I want to enhance my writing skill. I want to share to people that writing is powerful. You can give love, inspire and also hurt someone with a pen.

I just discovered my advance writing skill when I was in high school. I used to write on our school paper. I was part of the journalism team with the pen name, 'The Chaser'. When I got my assessment test, I excelled at both side: logic and arts.  My parents discovered it, I planned to tell them that I am going to take Literature or something related to writing. However, they already decided that I should take engineering.

Back then, I cannot say no because it will only give burden for my both parents especially my mother was still in the healing stage because of their divorce. I don’t have a voice to tell them that I don’t like it, that they were talking about my future.

I just took engineering out of favor. I finished college without having a hard time in academics only. Because I know my heart belongs to somewhere.

So, when I graduated I told them that I am not going to work where my father is working and I am going to try what my heart really wants. They debated with me but in the end, they just gave up and let me do whatever I want.

My father was the one who still convincing me to work like him. Every birthday, my gifts from him were all related to engineering. But this year was different; I think he finally realized that I cannot follow him anymore.

 

I started my writing job when my friends and I hangout almost every day because we still don’t have a proper job by that time. Yuna worked as part-timer in coffee shop, Xian was still an intern to his father’s workplace, Z just waited for the companies that he applied, to call him and me? I already started writing at the website where they produce articles about online and video games console.

With our small salaries that we got from our jobs and Z’s allowance from his parents, we sometime went out of town. I enjoyed not only with the food and booze that we got, I enjoyed capturing moments and asking the locals about the trivia or facts about that certain place. Everything I know will surely be posted on my account with an informative caption. It was Z who persuaded me to try writing a travel blog. From then on, I told them that I’ll be doing as my means of living. Yuna helped me with her skill in customizing a site for free while Xian and Z, helped me with the promotions. Everything started on a scratch; I was just blogging about nearest but awesome places around my city. It was on my 5th blog post when I got my followers and most of them were foreigners. Resort owners, cultural ambassador of a certain country, and simple travelers….all them pay me so I can give a review or write down a good itinerary.

Why my clients like me? Because I don’t only give them a blog post about what is obvious. ChasingChase.travelblog.com always gives its best to be detailed and witty at the same time. I am always curious and technical. Some find my blogs too tense but most of my clients love how I put everything whether they need it or not. I always give everything for my passion…for love.

 

However, right now, my heart and my mind cannot go on the same time. My heart goes to my passion which is travel blogging and my mind is at the humiliating-ego-wracking moment with Im Luna.

 

I should have my article before I fly back to my hometown later. This is my break after my account got hacked. This should be something that will regain again what was taken from me.

Until now, I still can’t think of any reason why my hacker is still doing it. If she is one of my ex-girlfriends, I am a hundred percent that no one from them should do it. No one should forget that they were the one who dumped me.

If it is a male, I only have few friends and I never had a bad encounter to anyone lately.

Though that hacking incident keeps bothering me each day, I am thankful that the hacker is not messaging any of my followers. He or she just keeps on posting awful things in my account.

 

“Hello.” I am writing my blog at one of the outdoor lounge chairs with umbrella around the pool. My client suddenly called with excitement on her voice. She is really waiting for the outcome. My verdict if she should spend her special day on this place.

Her questions are too difficult for me right now. After spending two hours in front of the pool, I only typed a single sentence on my laptop.

 

True love is worth spending with all that you have.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter