♡ First ♡

Just Right (A Mina x Jackson Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was hard for Mina to adjust to her new life as a member of one of the most successful new generation girl groups in Korea. Often branded as the new "nation's girl group", Twice enjoyed success more than other groups who debuted much earlier than they did. It did help that they belonged to one of the big 3 entertainment companies in the country but each of the girls had talents that collectively caught the attention of the masses. Even after only a year of training, Mina was lucky that she got picked to be part of this group. Her Korean was average at best and her homesickness constantly reminded her that she didn't belong. She had Sana and Momo to comfort her during times of doubt and uncertainty, but having trained a year earlier, the two enjoyed a closeness that often made Mina feel unwanted or out of place. Instead, she turned to Jihyo, the leader of the group, and same-aged friend to share her worries and secrets. 

She was grateful for the individual activities that were given to her, including being part of the acrobatic gymnastics portion of the Idol Athletic Olympics. And a rush of sadness suddenly overwhelmed her. She recalled that particular memory of how she did well in the rehearsal but her nerves turned her actual, graded performance into something crude and subpar. She cried afterward, and the girls rushed to her side. That traumatized her, causing her to plead with JYP and the management to lessen her individual activities. Looking back at it, she sensed it really didn't help bolster her own popularity but for now, she was content where she was. It didn't bother her that Sana had "shy shy shy" or Nayeon was the face of the group or Tzuyu was the visual. In fact, she was incredibly happy at the reception the three were having, relishing in the success of the group as a whole. But she still felt that something was missing. Mina was lonely, and she couldn't figure out why she was feeling that way. She brought it up to Jihyo once and the leader asked her, "Is it because you feel like you can't talk to anybody? Cause you know you can talk to me". Mina argued that it wasn't that. Her biggest fear was unfulfilled potential, that she wasn't being her best self. That she could improve at something she thought that she was lacking at.

So she trained.

Whenever Twice didn't have any activities for the week, she would go to the studio to practice different dances, and to keep up with her ballet. Ballet was part of her identity, and lack of practice for it meant losing the rigidity, the posture, and what makes her, her. It was a double-edged sword. Having trained for more than 10 years, she was awkward in genres that required fluid and loose movements. That was one of the criticisms she faced back when Sixteen was airing and still get whenever they were practicing new choreography. Currently, Mina was practicing for their Wonder Girls' So Hot special stage. She was aware that the vocals required were not particularly challenging and thought to sharpen her movements more. The girls went out that night, inviting her to go to some Chinese restaurant but she respectfully declined. She was left alone and she decided to go to the JYP building to practice. After an hour of practice, she needed to destress and decided to play some random music using her iPod.

Plugging it in and turning it on shuffle, she was delighted that Bigbang's Fantastic Baby started playing. It was a song that she often danced to, to relax as it didn't require any choreography.

She was freestyling to the song when she heard a knock and Jackson and Mark from Got7 came in.

Mina wasn't really friendly with the two, and found herself closer to their leader, JB, as they were both quiet and reserved.

"Hello," she bowed formally.

"Hi" Mark gleefully said and waved. Both he and Jackson bowed as well. Mina didn't really know why they were there so she asked them if they needed to use the room.

"Yes! We're practicing for our next special stage. I see that you're still using it, we'll come back later," Jackson declared and motioned to Mark for them to leave.

Mina stopped them, "No. No. I'm done. I was just relaxing and goofing off." She giggled. The two boys laughed as well. She excused herself and started packing up. 

"Actually Mina, do you mind staying a little bit and giving us a bit of criticism on our dancing? Jackson and I missed a couple of practices due to personal vacations and we're a little behind," Mark pleaded. Mina considered her options and decided she didn't really want to go home to an empty house anyways and agreed. 

They were to dance to "Hush" by Miss A and gender bend as the four Miss A girls. Jackson was Min, Mark was Jia, JB was Suzy, and Youngjae was Fei. Hush was one of Mina's favorite songs as she had danced to the song before multiple times. 

The song started playing and they were replicating the curtain intro where the girls (Fei, Jia, and Suzy) were hiding behind the curtain while Min was in the front. 

She took her place beside the music player and observed. After 30 seconds, she stopped the music and gave her comments.

"You guys are dancing great. The problem is you're dancing a feminine dance as guys. Your movements are rigid,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter