MARK HYUNG WHAT DID YOU DO--

ask before you do

When they asked him if he wanted to give it a try, Jisung's mind had went blank and he had quickly shook his head in refusal without even thinking twice. How wouldn't he? Jisung was pretty sure he would flush bright scarlet down to the collarbones if Mark as so much as gets into his comfort bubble impromptu.

In the variety show, Jisung had eyed quietly from the corner as Mark shyly gave Chenle the goddamn kiss with that goddamn smacking sound that the MC helpfully voiced out.

He thought it was the sheer mortification at the idea of being kissed by the eldest of the group that stopped him from stepping forward for the peck to be witnessed by the whole world.

It was long after did he comes to the banging realization that it was actually quite the opposite.

 

★☆☆☆★

 

The day is fairly hot with the sun right on top of their heads, spraying its evil sunlight and deadly UV rays all over and Jisung just feels like keeling over under the heat. The air-conditioners installed in their sanctuary are barely keeping him and his band mates survived in their one-day short break before they have to go through their schedule again.

“Oh my god, I feel like burning,” Haechan moans sufferingly, splaying himself all over Chenle’s back as the other boy had laid sprawled over the cool tiles of their living room’s floor. Chenle mumbles against the floor about how there are plenty of room for Haechan to roll over and that he is squishing him. Jisung grins at the corner while fanning himself using a stray paper he found in his shared bedroom.

“Oh, you’re already working out a sweat,” Jisung hears and looks up to see Mark throwing a small towel to his head. “Wipe yourself over with that,” the older says, pointing his index finger to his face. Jisung wordlessly takes the towel and wipes at his face.

“Huh, you’re right, hyung. Didn’t notice,” he mutters when he finds the towel dampening quickly. Mark clicks his tongue

 

"Guys, ice-creams!" Jaemin screams eagerly when he barges into the dorm like a storm in a one fine day. All the boys quirk up in great interest at the mention of the sweet treats and yell simultaneously.

"The vanilla flavored is mine!" Haechan claims vigorously from afar, Renjun snaps his head towards him sharply. "Hell no! Mine!"

"Jaemin, you might wanna run away now before they topple you--" Jeno says to the younger, though it's a bit late because the two hyper starving children run towards the poor boy and smack him down to the ground in order to get their hands on the bright pink bag of sweet goodies. "--over...My god these kids."

"I got strawberry!" Mark exclaims before the three boys could even recover from the painful fall, the eldest already lifting up two wrappers--strawberry and chocolate foil wrappings--high up in the air triumphantly.

"Hyung, not fair!" Haechan accuses, hands propping themselves on Jaemin's chest. "Chan,you're heavy goddamnit--"

"What? You're late," Mark sticks his tongue out at him, skipping away from him just as Haechan makes to grab at his ankle.

Jisung sits at the couch calmly, waiting for the quarrel and din to subdue before he makes his way for his own share of ice-cream, Jeno and Chenle joining the fight after to get the best flavors.

"Jisung, don't wanna ice-cream?" he hears him first before he spots Mark sinking into the space beside him, his hair soft and fluffy under the bright white light of the living room.

"I do, but I'm just gonna wait for the hyungs to finish bickering. I'm afraid they might squash me if I go now," he replies. Mark hums over the pink stick in his mouth, before he lifts the brown packet up to Jisung's face.

Jisung blinks. "What?"

"Takh it," Mark says, voice muffled against the wet stick around his lips. He huffs and puts the packet on Jisung's laps instead, taking the stick out and says again. "You like chocolate, right? That's the only one bought by them, so I figured I would save it first in case the kids decided to take it for themselves since you won't eat other things aside chocolate."

Jisung sputters at Mark indirectly implying him as a picky kid regarding choices of food. But that is rather sweet of him, knowing about his eating habit and actually takes note about it. It makes sense though, he is the eldest and the leader, having to tend for another younger much inexperienced boys who still pretty much do not know half of the world as Mark has.

He bites back a remark and accepts the offer with a pout. Mark eyes him with big round eyes, curious as a deer, slipping the ice-cream back into his mouth and chewing softly.

Jisung tastes the frozen ice first before it melts into sweet thick chocolate, and he swallows back a groan of bliss. It's been so long since they've had sweet treats like this, with their strict diet and tight schedule going on. The manager must have taken pity on their sugar cravings and let Jaemin shop for it (bless that hyung with his accurate knowledge of s' preferences).

Just as he is savoring the drip of the melting ice-cream, the members have finally settle down with loud chattering and occasional steal of each other's treats with playful protests, Mark looking over them with a grin pressed to the tip of the strawberry stick, Jisung glances at him with an unsure feeling.

He trails the chiseled jaw of the boy, the prominent nose and almond round eyes twinkling with amusement, his hair casting soft shadows across the slopes of his high cheekbones, the lips shining slick and bright under the lights, and Jisung couldn't tear his eyes away from them.

"Do you always kiss with a sound?"

"Hyung, do you always kiss with a smacking sound?" Jisung blurts out, and his mind automatically shuts down on himself. Too late to take that back now, Mark's already looking at him unblinkingly, lips stilling from on the stick.

Shoot.

"Told you before in the show? I just want to give the impression that I really did kiss someone," Mark innocently answers. Jisung fidgets, ice-cream almost forgotten. "Is it the same for everybody?"

"Hmm," he hums, mindlessly the sweet stick in hand, Jisung trying very hard not to glare at the pink slick parted lips.

What the hell's wrong him?

"Depends. Like, don't tell Haechan, but I was kinda grossed out when I pecked him back them because I've been so familiar with him. We're best friends, ya know," Mark adds, grinning mischievously. "Chenle's a different thing, though. He's a cute kid when he's shy and the fans ate it up."

Jisung nods blankly, softly on his ice-cream. It's slowly losing its coolness and Jisung isn't even half way done yet. Mark eyes him over while he chews down on the last bite of the cold treat. He cleans the woody stick with a pull of his lips, Jisung growing frustrated at his heavy gaze.

"Jisung-ah. Wanna know how I would peck you?" Mark voices out, Jisung's eyes widened slightly.

"Huh--" Jisung raises his head up to throw a look of incredulous at the older, but apparently it isn't a good timing. Mark is already leaning near him, and while it is an innocent attempt of him to plant a peck to his cheek, Jisung has gazed up instead and has his parted lips meet Mark's slick strawberry ones.

It is apparently, soundless, silent of the smacking and just a soft press of puckered lips to his cold ones, but it sends blooming warmth across his entire face and chest and a sharp tingle of shiver along his spine.

Jisung looks back at him in surprise just as Mark pulls back in time to shoot him a look of bewilderment, and maybe slight mortification.

"Oh my gosh, Jisung-ah, I'm sorry, that was meant to the cheek not--" he is interrupted midway with a mouse-alike shriek from Jisung, a much startled members of theirs and splatter of chocolate melting solid against the tile of their living room.

"Jisung-ah, what's wrong--"

"AAAHHHHHHH--"

"JISUNG I'M SORRY THAT WASN'T MEANT TO HAPPEN--"

"MARK HYUNG WHAT DID YOU DO--"

--one fine day in dream--